Can Atheists be Moral?

Thats why its a more interesting question if reversed.

Can THEISTS be moral.

Sure, if they're perfectly happy to adapt to the ever improving secular views on morality, and not being Scriptural Literalists.

They don't even try to be moral. Or they say they try but it's perfectly acceptable to god if they are not moral as long as they believe in god. But a moral person who doesn't believe in god is going to hell. An immoral christian is going to heaven.

And this righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no distinction, 23for allhave sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus.

And that makes sense to them?
Their source of morality is Emo and subjective. Its a good thing society corrects their path so often or we'd still be raping women as the spoils of war & such - or torturing babies for 7 days and killing them after for the sins of their father : 0

If someone says, "give me your child for ten years and I'll give you a catholic for life" and the child dies after suffering for ten years for the sins of their fathers who said, "sure, have all of my children," its not Gods fault.
I dont have a belief in any God for something to be its fault.

lol... then you should be doing better judging the morality of an imaginary being in stories written by people who used some very deep and mysterious metaphors and allegories..
I'm not having any issue, merely because your decoder ring fallacy says so.

Thats why its a more interesting question if reversed.

Can THEISTS be moral.

Sure, if they're perfectly happy to adapt to the ever improving secular views on morality, and not being Scriptural Literalists.

They don't even try to be moral. Or they say they try but it's perfectly acceptable to god if they are not moral as long as they believe in god. But a moral person who doesn't believe in god is going to hell. An immoral christian is going to heaven.

And this righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no distinction, 23for allhave sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus.

Their source of morality is Emo and subjective. Its a good thing society corrects their path so often or we'd still be raping women as the spoils of war & such - or torturing babies for 7 days and killing them after for the sins of their father : 0

If someone says, "give me your child for ten years and I'll give you a catholic for life" and the child dies after suffering for ten years for the sins of their fathers who said, "sure, have all of my children," its not Gods fault.

lol... then you should be doing better judging the morality of an imaginary being in stories written by people who used some very deep and mysterious metaphors and allegories..
How do Christians not see that book is designed to brainwash them through fear and at the same time promise of an afterlife?

They can’t realize it’s wishful thinking?

But then the ones who believe in hell tell us it’s us who are wishing he’ll isn’t true.

It really is brilliant. These lying churches have convinced many smart people too. That’s because smart people are only human too. They wish for heaven and they fear the unknown. And if you get them young you can even brainwash an intelligent human.

Yes they can. Abortion loving democrats cannot! Pelosi should stfu!

Anyone who voted for trump has no right to question my morals.

Anyone who needs to get their morals from a book has no right to question my morals.

Anyone who thinks the way to make America great is a BLOODY CIVIL WAR in which you kill LOTS of people simply because they are gay or feminists or liberal or atheist doesn't get to question my morals.

I get to question YOURS!

Yeah, well, lol, your insistence that Yahweh was a meanie says otherwise.

Do any of us believe in god?

killing thousands of people simply for being gay or having sex sounds pretty "mean" to me.

Did god throw a hissy fit?
a temper tantrum?

has he no self control?

Yahweh hasn't even been established as having existed. You can start there before I give any damns whatsoever what you think scriptures meant by x,y, z ~ Im not interested in the decoder ring fallacy.

killing thousands of people simply for being gay or having sex sounds pretty "mean" to me.

a temper tantrum?

has he no self control?
If he is a mythological character in a fairy tale then he didn't do anything. People did,

If you believe that God did these things then you don't believe its a fairy tale and even if you do think its a fairy tale you really need to think a little more deeply about the lessons being taught like any hidden teaching in a fairy tale and the subjects of morality and life and death.

Samson, Son of Meanie, slaughtered thousands of philistines with the jawbone of an ass.

you can call him, the ass, anynameyouwish.

Last edited:
life's origin from the metaphysical to a physical state and the progression to have evolved the first physiological template clearly indicates through those transactions a continuation that an individual could become a part of to extend their own existence. having a spirit to do so to accomplish the feat being an essential ingredient factored in from the very beginning.

In what way does faggotry and buttsex promote survival?

I wouldn't bet the farm or my life on the empathy of an athiest or state baby.

Probably not on an alleged "Christian" either, unless I knew them really well.
We are overpopulated and over consuming. We have kids looking to be adopted.

Faggotry is Mother Nature’s way

We are not ‘overpopulated,’ and your homosexuality has nothing to do with demographics.
That myth is repeated by a LOT of people. We arent even CLOSE to capacity. Not even a FRACTION of it.
Bullshit. We are even crossing lines and going past points of no return. You cons are so fucking blind.
Im not conservative and global warming is a topic regarding our pollution - not our population size. Humans on the entire earth can fit in fucking Texas. These are raw numbers, we are not at even a FRACTION of capacity weirdo. Something like 80% of the US land mass is undeveloped wild life. Look it up.
First of all CO2 is not pollution. CO2 is a vital component of the carbon cycle that life on this planet requires.

Secondly the carbon footprint of human beings does say that increasing carbon emissions are a function of population growth and the data overwhelming proves this.

But I agree you are not a conservative.

How many of you are there?

a temper tantrum?

has he no self control?
He sounds almost human. I say almost because he's very inhumane. Sounds like a fake character we made in our image.

Just think about the story of Noah. Humans were such scum. Such filth. So bad that God caused a great flood to drown them all. What an evil sick fuck.

How many of you are there?
I mean of the three of us. Doesn't sound like any of us believe in god.

a temper tantrum?

has he no self control?
If he is a mythological character in a fairy tale then he didn't do anything. People did,

If you believe that God did these things then you don't believe its a fairy tale and even if you do think its a fairy tale you really need to think a little more deeply about the lessons being taught like any hidden teaching in a fairy tale and the subjects of morality and life and death.

Samson, Son of Meanie, slaughtered thousands of philistines with the jawbone of an ass.

I don't think we miss the message of the stories. Don't fuck your neighbors wife. Don't lie. Honor your parents. Don't question authority.

How do Christians not see that book is designed to brainwash them through fear and at the same time promise of an afterlife?

But then the ones who believe in hell tell us it’s us who are wishing he’ll isn’t true.

It really is brilliant. These lying churches have convinced many smart people too. That’s because smart people are only human too. They wish for heaven and they fear the unknown. And if you get them young you can even brainwash an intelligent human.

We don't think it's brainwashing because we verified it for ourselves. We took the leap of faith and believed in God and he revealed himself to us. It's not just the promise of an afterlife, but God's word; It's always true.

For me, what I could not believe were how long people lived to in the Bible. However, one realizes that things were different in ancient times. People lived longer. It was only after Noah's Flood that we only live to around 120 years. You believe in evolution that people are getting stronger, but they're getting weaker. People in the past were sturdier. I recently studied Wilt Chamberlain and he may have been the greatest athlete of our time. He was a Goliath of a man.

Anyway, what if you were the one brainwashed by universe from nothing (quantum particles), abiogenesis, humans from chimps/apes and so on? The majority of the people in the world would have been brainwashed by Satan, master of lies and trickery.

You're not going to believe me and instead go with the majority, so Blaise Pascal had his philosophy of Pascal's Wager. There's more to it than meets the eye, so I'll post a couple of links.

"Pascal's Wager is an argument in philosophy presented by the seventeenth-century French philosopher, mathematician and physicist Blaise Pascal (1623–1662).[1] It posits that humans bet with their lives that God either exists or does not.

Pascal argues that a rational person should live as though God exists and seek to believe in God. If God does not actually exist, such a person will have only a finite loss (some pleasures, luxury, etc.), whereas he stands to receive infinite gains (as represented by eternity in Heaven) and avoid infinite losses (eternity in Hell).[2]

Pascal's Wager was based on the idea of the Christian God, though similar arguments have occurred in other religious traditions. The original wager was set out in section 233 of Pascal's posthumously published Pensées ("Thoughts"). These previously unpublished notes were assembled to form an incomplete treatise on Christian apologetics.

Historically, Pascal's Wager was groundbreaking because it charted new territory in probability theory,[3] marked the first formal use of decision theory, and anticipated future philosophies such as existentialism, pragmatism and voluntarism.[4]"

Pascal's Wager - Wikipedia

Pascal's Wager (Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy)

a temper tantrum?

has he no self control?

I don't think we miss the message of the stories. Don't fuck your neighbors wife. Don't lie. Honor your parents. Don't question authority.

trump broke all of those.

a temper tantrum?

has he no self control?

obfuscation, dodging and weaving....

won't help you.

I won't play your game of loony toon semantics.

The god of the bible, fiction or not, is a deranged bastard. Irrational, mean, overly punitive.

I wouldn't worship that turd even if he was real!

I have morals and ethics.

But I understand that chrisitans do NOT have morals or ethics.

Apparently they need a book to tell them who to hate and who to kill.

Without that book who knows what murders they would commit.

We don't think it's brainwashing because we verified it for ourselves. We took the leap of faith and believed in God and he revealed himself to us. It's not just the promise of an afterlife, but God's word; It's always true.

For me, what I could not believe were how long people lived to in the Bible. However, one realizes that things were different in ancient times. People lived longer. It was only after Noah's Flood that we only live to around 120 years. You believe in evolution that people are getting stronger, but they're getting weaker. People in the past were sturdier. I recently studied Wilt Chamberlain and he may have been the greatest athlete of our time. He was a Goliath of a man.

Anyway, what if you were the one brainwashed by universe from nothing (quantum particles), abiogenesis, humans from chimps/apes and so on? The majority of the people in the world would have been brainwashed by Satan, master of lies and trickery.

You're not going to believe me and instead go with the majority, so Blaise Pascal had his philosophy of Pascal's Wager. There's more to it than meets the eye, so I'll post a couple of links.

"Pascal's Wager is an argument in philosophy presented by the seventeenth-century French philosopher, mathematician and physicist Blaise Pascal (1623–1662).[1] It posits that humans bet with their lives that God either exists or does not.

Pascal argues that a rational person should live as though God exists and seek to believe in God. If God does not actually exist, such a person will have only a finite loss (some pleasures, luxury, etc.), whereas he stands to receive infinite gains (as represented by eternity in Heaven) and avoid infinite losses (eternity in Hell).[2]

Pascal's Wager was based on the idea of the Christian God, though similar arguments have occurred in other religious traditions. The original wager was set out in section 233 of Pascal's posthumously published Pensées ("Thoughts"). These previously unpublished notes were assembled to form an incomplete treatise on Christian apologetics.

Historically, Pascal's Wager was groundbreaking because it charted new territory in probability theory,[3] marked the first formal use of decision theory, and anticipated future philosophies such as existentialism, pragmatism and voluntarism.[4]"

I’ll address the first two then keep reading. Thanks for the reply.

1. Nothing revealed itself to you. Unverifiable. Plus I believed for 30 years and nothing ever revealed itself to me.

2. People 1000 years died younger than we do. So if you believe people lived longer back in biblical times then why did religious people 1000 years ago die so much younger than we do now? We’re living longer.

So you think people lived till 500 in biblical times, and talking snakes, then they only lived till 60 and since medicine and science were introduced now we live to 100? We’re living longer than we did 100 years ago because of science. Religious people don’t live longer than non religious people. How come you don’t live 200 years?

You can’t prove people lived 300 years ever in the history of man. If you point to your holy book that’s just more evidence it’s bs.

Hindu know it. Muslims know it. Buddhist know it. Mormons know it. And atheists know this is ridiculous.

Book of allegories.

I’ll address the first two then keep reading. Thanks for the reply.

1. Nothing revealed itself to you. Unverifiable. Plus I believed for 30 years and nothing ever revealed itself to me.

2. People 1000 years died younger than we do. So if you believe people lived longer back in biblical times then why did religious people 1000 years ago die so much younger than we do now? We’re living longer.

So you think people lived till 500 in biblical times, and talking snakes, then they only lived till 60 and since medicine and science were introduced now we live to 100? We’re living longer than we did 100 years ago because of science. Religious people don’t live longer than non religious people. How come you don’t live 200 years?

You can’t prove people lived 300 years ever in the history of man. If you point to your holy book that’s just more evidence it’s bs.

Hindu know it. Muslims know it. Buddhist know it. Mormons know it. And atheists know this is ridiculous.

Book of allegories.
At the heart of the debate is whether spirit created the material world or the material world created spirit. Arguing about the Bible won’t answer that question.

Forum List

Back