Can Atheists be Moral?

Christians are still against the *activities* of Homosexuals- but we are commanded to love the sinner nonetheless.

And by Christians, obviously I mean true, committed Bible-believing individuals.

What you are describing is the attitude of liberals who desperately wish to reconcile Christianity with progressive ideas. No such reconciliation can take shape. Most of these apparent "Christians" often tend to divert themselves from the faith as their days go on.
So they aren’t really christians. Your numbers are inflated.

They are culturally Christians, but spiritually adrift.

Why is it so important what the "numbers" reflect? The Biblical worldview isn't a numbers game.

I always find it funny when Christians define out of Christianity those Christians who are perceived as not Christian enough or who are the wrong kind of Christians.

Claiming to be a Christian yet going against Biblical teachings on things which are core to life itself= you are not a Christian.
Hmmm. Thats some mighty bad news for Christians.
What percent would you guess qualify as real Christians who are not going to burn in hell? Out of every 100 in the pews I’d say 22 make it to St. Peter.

Why is it so important what the "numbers" reflect? The Biblical worldview isn't a numbers game.

I always find it funny when Christians define out of Christianity those Christians who are perceived as not Christian enough or who are the wrong kind of Christians.

Claiming to be a Christian yet going against Biblical teachings on things which are core to life itself= you are not a Christian.
What percent would you guess qualify as real Christians who are not going to burn in hell? Out of every 100 in the pews I’d say 22 make it to St. Peter.

It is a requirement to admit that you are a worthless piece of shit and then get down on your knees and pray to God for forgiveness and then set aside the divine commands and worship Jesus as if he was a three in one mangod to become a bonafide Christian.

Given those facts and according to my calculations every single Christian is already dead and in hell if scripture is true. 100%

Last edited:
Not to worry!

Whenever Jesus shows up he will bring them back to life before they even realize that they were dead.

So can you! You used to all be against gays. Many of you are not.

And half of you are pro choice. How do you explain that?

Christians are still against the *activities* of Homosexuals- but we are commanded to love the sinner nonetheless.

And by Christians, obviously I mean true, committed Bible-believing individuals.

What you are describing is the attitude of liberals who desperately wish to reconcile Christianity with progressive ideas. No such reconciliation can take shape. Most of these apparent "Christians" often tend to divert themselves from the faith as their days go on.

Christianity in the 4th century was dominated in its early stage by Constantine the Great and the First Council of Nicaea of 325, which was the beginning of the period of the First seven Ecumenical Councils (325–787), and in its late stage by the Edict of Thessalonica of 380, which made Nicene Christianity the state church of the Roman Empire.

against Biblical teachings ...

they spent most of the 4th century writing your christian bible yet you will not let others the same latitude - why is that christian, you a roman dog.

atheists can merely be unethical; only the truly Religious, may be immoral.
Morals are standards of behaviors. Virtue is behavior showing high moral standard. Not all behaviors lead to equal outcomes. The definition of standards is a level of quality or attainment.

So it has nothing to do with religious beliefs.

'Virtue, I have quit your tyranny.'
(Marguerite Porete, Mirror of Simple Souls, burned as a heretic 1 June 1310, Place de Greve, Paris)

Bishop Barron: Spinoza, Secularism and the Challenge of Evangelization
Bishop Barron: Spinoza, secularism, and the challenge of evangelization
'....Thus if God is indeed the ground for morality, then something like worship is in point of fact required for the cultivation and exercise of morality...."It" must be, therefore, a "he," a person.'

'The significance of Spinozism seems to me this: it asserts immanence as a principle and frees expression from any subordination to emanative or exemplary causality. Expression itself no longer emanates, no longer resembles anything'
(Deleuze, Expressionism in Philosophy: Spinoza)

'....Thus if God is indeed the ground for morality, then something like worship is in point of fact required for the cultivation and exercise of morality...."It" must be, therefore, a "he," a person.'

'The significance of Spinozism seems to me this: it asserts immanence as a principle and frees expression from any subordination to emanative or exemplary causality. Expression itself no longer emanates, no longer resembles anything'
The good bishop is one smart cookie.

The configuration of the Christian gods are no standard for morality.

Thumpers should actually read some of their bibles. The actions of their gods are the most cruel and capricious. Interestingly, I would like to see anyone use the primary Judeo gods as a role model for moral behavior. Just make a list of the things Yahweh has done, and then go on and try to live according to that morality. That is the example the thumpers want to emulate?

The most cruel and evil villain in all of literature is named Yahweh.

Thumpers should actually read some of their bibles. The actions of their gods are the most cruel and capricious. Interestingly, I would like to see anyone use the primary Judeo gods as a role model for moral behavior. Just make a list of the things Yahweh has done, and then go on and try to live according to that morality. That is the example the thumpers want to emulate?

Thats why its a more interesting question if reversed.

Can THEISTS be moral.

Sure, if they're perfectly happy to adapt to the ever improving secular views on morality, and not being Scriptural Literalists.

Can THEISTS be moral.

Sure, if they're perfectly happy to adapt to the ever improving secular views on morality, and not being Scriptural Literalists.

They don't even try to be moral. Or they say they try but it's perfectly acceptable to god if they are not moral as long as they believe in god. But a moral person who doesn't believe in god is going to hell. An immoral christian is going to heaven.

And this righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no distinction, 23for allhave sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus.

And that makes sense to them?

Can THEISTS be moral.

They don't even try to be moral. Or they say they try but it's perfectly acceptable to god if they are not moral as long as they believe in god. But a moral person who doesn't believe in god is going to hell. An immoral christian is going to heaven.

And this righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no distinction, 23for allhave sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus.

Their source of morality is Emo and subjective. Its a good thing society corrects their path so often or we'd still be raping women as the spoils of war & such - or torturing babies for 7 days and killing them after for the sins of their father : 0

Can THEISTS be moral.

Their source of morality is Emo and subjective. Its a good thing society corrects their path so often or we'd still be raping women as the spoils of war & such - or torturing babies for 7 days and killing them after for the sins of their father : 0

If someone says, "give me a child for ten years and I'll give you a catholic for life" and the child dies after suffering for seven years its from the sins of their fathers who said, "sure, have all of my children, and 10% of my income for life too" its not Gods fault.

Last edited:

Can THEISTS be moral.

If someone says, "give me your child for ten years and I'll give you a catholic for life" and the child dies after suffering for ten years for the sins of their fathers who said, "sure, have all of my children," its not Gods fault.
I dont have a belief in any God for something to be its fault.

Can THEISTS be moral.

If someone says, "give me your child for ten years and I'll give you a catholic for life" and the child dies after suffering for ten years for the sins of their fathers who said, "sure, have all of my children," its not Gods fault.
I dont have a belief in any God for something to be its fault.

lol... then you should be doing better judging the morality of an imaginary being in stories written by people who used some very deep and mysterious metaphors and allegories..

Forum List

Back