Can Atheists be Moral?

No offense, but this is pretty stupid. From the atheist's vantage point morality exists because of evolutionary forces. But the reality is that even that argument confirms that morality offers a functional advantage over immorality. According to natural selection there are two main components; functional advantage and transfer of functional advantage to the next generation. So even natural selection confirms that morality is a standard which leads to success. Otherwise, according to natural selection, it would have been abandoned long ago. As mankind has gained more and more knowledge of his natural surroundings his desire for morality has not diminished. In fact, the more immoral we become the less satisfied we become.

You really should just strive to become a better person. Try to stop munching on Jesus and lying in the name of God.. You can do it! er., at least you can try.
You might want to consider taking your own advice. :wink:

Your obsession over the religious beliefs of others is revealing.
Nah. It’s just one of the few things that fascinate me.

Politics, religion, movies, sports. You’ll notice us all over the boards.

It’s YOU who’s always on here. If not discussing with me I see you arguing or debating with many other people.

Why are you obsessed with the religious forum?
Where to start... I post in other rooms. Yes, I post here the most because I enjoy discussing things I believe in. When I didn't believe in them I didn't discuss them because it would have been illogical to do so.
Untrue. We’ve told you all the reasons we don’t like religion. We are passionate that it’s bad. Hell there’s another place I belong to agnostic.com

You would love it there but there aren’t any theists there. I’m surprised. It would make the place more interesting.

Just because this guys morality comes from one of 1000 different holy books does not mean he is a moral person. What it does mean is that atheists have no such holy book that they point to as their moral compass.

And this guy needs to realize human beings wrote his holy books. So his morality is based on the morality of sheep herders 1500 years ago or 7000 if he's jewish or 500 years ago if he's a muslim or 200 years ago if he's a Mormon.

He is right we have no holy books to refer to.

lol... You once said that you go to church and pretend to pray hoping to get laid..What a guy!

Your morality would fit in with the morality of the great and wonderful snake oil salesman of ancient Egypt.

If you don't have a holy book, maybe you should write one? You can call it "how to remain single, and or miserable, for the rest of your life in one easy step".
Only I’m not miserable.

So what if I want to fuck a girl?

Do you know there are a lot of Jews who don’t believe in god? But they still belong to the Jewish community. Same with a lot of Greek Orthodox men. I know I’ve talked to a lot of them. They are all good husbands and fathers. They like Greek pussy and good luck finding one when you broadcast you’re an atheist.

The Scientologist I’m dating now knows I don’t believe.

I understand. So you want to become a false person to a religious girl so that you can fuck her. Whats the big deal.

But the Jew, the Jews,

I know.
If she brought up faith I’d tell her I’m an agnostic but usually the first thing they ask is what do you do for a living.

If a guy believes in God is usually a low priority on women’s list. And the ones who it matters to, we wouldn’t end up fucking if belief mattered. I’ve only had believe matter once. The Pentecostal girl wouldn’t date me unless I went to her wacky church on sundays. But she still fucked the shit out of me on the first date. She really needed to get laid I wasn’t even trying to fuck her that night.

So if it were a high priority to the girl I wouldn’t lie and say I take the Bible literally. Most Christians today don’t anyways. Jesus was just a good dude.

Jesus was just a good dude? lol...Apparently many people didn't think so. He said some remarkable things and then just walked away. When astonished people who had many questions and gathered to hear more, he just went off somewhere to make out with Mary Magdalene or said something that sounded nutty.

They probably should have just asked him a specific question if they wanted a specific answer to something.
And what made him an authority? He was just a preacher

lol... You once said that you go to church and pretend to pray hoping to get laid..What a guy!

Your morality would fit in with the morality of the great and wonderful snake oil salesman of ancient Egypt.

If you don't have a holy book, maybe you should write one? You can call it "how to remain single, and or miserable, for the rest of your life in one easy step".
Only I’m not miserable.

Do you know there are a lot of Jews who don’t believe in god? But they still belong to the Jewish community. Same with a lot of Greek Orthodox men. I know I’ve talked to a lot of them. They are all good husbands and fathers. They like Greek pussy and good luck finding one when you broadcast you’re an atheist.

I understand. So you want to become a false person to a religious girl so that you can fuck her. Whats the big deal.

But the Jew, the Jews,

I know.
If she brought up faith I’d tell her I’m an agnostic but usually the first thing they ask is what do you do for a living.

If a guy believes in God is usually a low priority on women’s list. And the ones who it matters to, we wouldn’t end up fucking if belief mattered. I’ve only had believe matter once. The Pentecostal girl wouldn’t date me unless I went to her wacky church on sundays. But she still fucked the shit out of me on the first date. She really needed to get laid I wasn’t even trying to fuck her that night.

So if it were a high priority to the girl I wouldn’t lie and say I take the Bible literally. Most Christians today don’t anyways. Jesus was just a good dude.

Jesus was just a good dude? lol...Apparently many people didn't think so. He said some remarkable things and then just walked away. When astonished people who had many questions and gathered to hear more, he just went off somewhere to make out with Mary Magdalene or said something that sounded nutty.

They probably should have just asked him a specific question if they wanted a specific answer to something.

If he was just a preacher, he was a reluctant one like Jonah was a reluctant prophet.

What gave him the authority? The people who were satisfied with his teaching. He claimed to have received a revelation from God, they believed him. He proved it. They were waiting for him to do something miraculous, he was waiting for them to do anything at all aside from trying to punch holes in what he was saying or doing in order to discredit him. He already did what no other man but the messiah could do in revealing the hidden teaching in the book of the law. It was up to them to do it.

It didn't seem to make much of a difference to Jesus whether he was honored or despised, according to the story.

He even seemed to be daring his enemies to kill him knowing that they would only succeed in destroying themselves and the corrupt system of political and religious tyranny that they were protecting and perpetuating.

As it turns out, according to the story, Jesus was killed, the country was destroyed, and the rest is history.

Apparently some people would rather see the entire country go down in flames than to admit they were wrong about something.

How much more painful must it have been for them to have to admit that some froward nobody from the bad part of town who was a little too comfortable with sinners, prostitutes, and the Roman underworld was right.

They just couldn't do it..It was way too embarrassing for such dedicated holy men, according to the story.

Last edited:
Only I’m not miserable.

But the Jew, the Jews,

I know.

If he was just a preacher, he was a reluctant one like Jonah was a reluctant prophet.

What gave him the authority? The people who were satisfied with his teaching. He claimed to have received a revelation from God, they believed him. He proved it. They were waiting for him to do something miraculous, he was waiting for them to do anything at all aside from trying to punch holes in what he was saying or doing in order to discredit him. He already did what no other man but the messiah could do in revealing the hidden teaching in the book of the law. It was up to them to do it.

It didn't seem to make much of a difference to Jesus whether he was honored or despised, according to the story.

He even seemed to be daring his enemies to kill him knowing that they would only succeed in destroying themselves and the corrupt system of political and religious tyranny that they were protecting and perpetuating.

As it turns out, according to the story, Jesus was killed, the country was destroyed, and the rest is history.

Apparently some people would rather see the entire country go down in flames than to admit they were wrong about something.

How much more painful must it have been for them to have to admit that some froward nobody from the bad part of town who was a little too comfortable with sinners, prostitutes, and the Roman underworld was right.

They just couldn't do it..It was way too embarrassing for such dedicated holy men.

And what about the average Roman centurion? What the hell was he supposed to report back to headquarters with a straight face?

Sir! A guy who says he came down from the sky is arguing with people who are afraid of bacon. There are rumors of dead people walking around and prisoners being set free from dungeons. We have checked twice and all prisoners are accounted for and every graveyard remains undisturbed yet the entire region is running amok and on the verge of civil war! :shok:

No one ever has any sympathy for the devil in a fairy tale.

Last edited:
But if there was a beginning, how does your science and second laws of whatevers explain what happened before that beginning?
A three minute video...

or if you prefer... Inflation Theory, the First Law of Thermodynamics and quantum mechanics tells us that it is possible for matter to have a beginning. In a closed universe the gravitational energy which is always negative exactly compensates the positive energy of matter. So the energy of a closed universe is always zero. So nothing prevents this universe from being spontaneously created. Because the net energy is always zero. The positive energy of matter is balanced by the negative energy of the gravity of that matter which is the space time curvature of that matter. There is no conservation law that prevents the formation of such a universe. In quantum mechanics if something is not forbidden by conservation laws, then it necessarily happens with some non-zero probability. So a closed universe can spontaneously appear - through the laws of quantum mechanics - out of nothing. And in fact there is an elegant mathematical description which describes this process and shows that a tiny closed universe having very high energy can spontaneously pop into existence and immediately start to expand and cool. In this description, the same laws which describes the evolution of the universe describes the creation of the universe which means the laws of nature were in place before the creation of space and time.

I missed this regarding the new ToE or the theory of everything. It's not even a theory if you ask me. This guy is just talking out of his rear end. He does not even explain cosmic inflation nor singularity. He believes in multiverses. He also brings up the concept of a closed universe in order to further his wrongness. This is due to extraneous dark matter that just so conveniently happens to reside on the universe's boundaries. He goes on "... quantum mechanics allows a spontaneous nucleation.. of a closed universe." What poop! A smart guy who has been duped into believing nonsense because of no God.

you need another book to read for your religion ...

This statement is stupidity beyond belief. God's word is all you need. The Bible is inerrant, authoritative, reliable, and sufficient to meet our needs. It's the Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth.

I’m just surprised Republicans could use the word “moral“ without their tongues bursting into flame.

No offense, but this is pretty stupid. From the atheist's vantage point morality exists because of evolutionary forces. But the reality is that even that argument confirms that morality offers a functional advantage over immorality. According to natural selection there are two main components; functional advantage and transfer of functional advantage to the next generation. So even natural selection confirms that morality is a standard which leads to success. Otherwise, according to natural selection, it would have been abandoned long ago. As mankind has gained more and more knowledge of his natural surroundings his desire for morality has not diminished. In fact, the more immoral we become the less satisfied we become.

You really should just strive to become a better person. Try to stop munching on Jesus and lying in the name of God.. You can do it! er., at least you can try.
You might want to consider taking your own advice. :wink:

Your obsession over the religious beliefs of others is revealing.
Nah. It’s just one of the few things that fascinate me.

Politics, religion, movies, sports. You’ll notice us all over the boards.

It’s YOU who’s always on here. If not discussing with me I see you arguing or debating with many other people.

Why are you obsessed with the religious forum?
Where to start... I post in other rooms. Yes, I post here the most because I enjoy discussing things I believe in. When I didn't believe in them I didn't discuss them because it would have been illogical to do so.
Untrue. We’ve told you all the reasons we don’t like religion. We are passionate that it’s bad. Hell there’s another place I belong to agnostic.com

You would love it there but there aren’t any theists there. I’m surprised. It would make the place more interesting.
What’s untrue? That I didn’t waste my time arguing about religion?

I don’t care what you do. You can do all the stupid things you want. It won’t change the fact that I think it is stupid and a waste of time.

That would be like me arguing how stupid it is for you to lie to your pops. I don’t believe in you lying to your old man. I don’t agree with you lying to your dad. I think it is stupid but it would be a waste of my time. Go live your lie. Now do you understand?

Last edited:
Maybe atheists who troll religious forums can't be moral.

Psychological studies show trolls tend to be male, show higher levels of psychopathy traits — low levels of empathy, guilt and responsibility for their actions — and higher levels of sadism traits, the enjoyment of causing others physical and psychological pain.Jul 12, 2017

Trolls understand what hurts people but they simply don't care

Psychological studies show trolls tend to be male, show higher levels of psychopathy traits — low levels of empathy, guilt and responsibility for their actions — and higher levels of sadism traits, the enjoyment of causing others physical and psychological pain.Jul 12, 2017

So you’re saying that I’m causing you physical and psychological pain? :cool:

Would that cause you to be aroused, Taz?

I am saying that you display sadistic behaviors of an internet troll. That you enjoy inflicting pain.

Probably because it was done to you when you were a small child.

I am saying that you display sadistic behaviors of an internet troll. That you enjoy inflicting pain.

Nice naked breasts of the female persuasion.

According to the science, anonymity can drive groups of individuals with a similar disposition towards sadism and anti-social behaviour to connect with each other. This may be helping them to distance themselves from a sense of personal responsibility when it comes to their behaviour online.

Do you feel a lack of responsibility in your life?

According to the science, anonymity can drive groups of individuals with a similar disposition towards sadism and anti-social behaviour to connect with each other. This may be helping them to distance themselves from a sense of personal responsibility when it comes to their behaviour online.

No. Please try again.

No. Please try again.
The good news is that science tells us that you aren't really a danger to society. Just yourself and the ones you love.

Everyday Sadists Walk Among Us, Study Says

No. Please try again.
The good news is that science tells us that you aren't really a danger to society. Just yourself and the ones you love.

Don’t worry, I’m not doing it on purpose to hurt you physically or psychologically.

No. Please try again.

Don’t worry, I’m not doing it on purpose to hurt you physically or psychologically.
That's comforting. You are only hurting yourself.

No. Please try again.

No, just you, you fucking pussy. Need a tissue?

No. Please try again.

No, just you, you fucking pussy. Need a tissue?
Oh, so you admit that's your goal.

Isn't that exactly what I have been trying to tell you?

Forum List

Back