Can believers live their lives without committing sin?

isn't that what the enemies of Jesus said when he healed on the Sabbath?

By teaching the right way to comply with the law Jesus made forgiveness possible.

No. They accused him of blasphemy for making himself equal with God and the man did nothing to comply with the law.

Exactly. They said, " we know this man is a sinner, he keeps company with prostitutes." Jesus didn't deny this or even try to convince them that he did follow the law according to their perverse interpretations, but that does not mean that Jesus did not follow the law, In fact, Jesus said, " I always do exactly as God commands."

The only way to resolve this contradiction is to realize that Jesus found a deeper more rational way to understand the words and hidden subjects of the law not directly connected to the literal meaning of the words used that had nothing whatever to do with what you eat or what you wear or your sexual preferences that conveyed the wisdom of God and granted life to all who found it.

Mat 9:5 For whether is easier, to say, Thy sins be forgiven thee; or to say, Arise, and walk?

Mat 9:6 But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, .

You see? Jesus said the son of Man was given the authority to forgive sins.

The son of Man is not God anymore than Ezekiel was God.

He wasn't given it because it is God that forgives sin:

Isa 43:25 ¶ I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins.

Have you studied the term "son of man"?

"Son of man" is the translation of various Hebrew and Greek phrases used in both the Hebrew Bible and the New Testament. It has diverse meanings, ranging from a normal human being to a prophesied eternal, divine ruler.

Son of man - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So how does keeping company with prostitutes make you sin or a sinner?

No. They accused him of blasphemy for making himself equal with God and the man did nothing to comply with the law.

Exactly. They said, " we know this man is a sinner, he keeps company with prostitutes." Jesus didn't deny this or even try to convince them that he did follow the law according to their perverse interpretations, but that does not mean that Jesus did not follow the law, In fact, Jesus said, " I always do exactly as God commands."

The only way to resolve this contradiction is to realize that Jesus found a deeper more rational way to understand the words and hidden subjects of the law not directly connected to the literal meaning of the words used that had nothing whatever to do with what you eat or what you wear or your sexual preferences that conveyed the wisdom of God and granted life to all who found it.

Isa 43:25 ¶ I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins.

"Son of man" is the translation of various Hebrew and Greek phrases used in both the Hebrew Bible and the New Testament. It has diverse meanings, ranging from a normal human being to a prophesied eternal, divine ruler.

Jesus said the son of man was given the power to forgive sin. No matter how you look at it the term 'son of man' is a metaphor for a human being even as the title son of God is a relational metaphor for a man.

It is impossible that a human being was or ever became God either before during or after their human existence.

"keeping company with prostitutes' is a euphemism for being a customer. the sexual act is never mentioned directly in scripture.

It makes you a sinner if like the Pharisees and Sadducees you maintain the position that the law is to be understood and applied literally.

Obviously Jesus did not agree and understood the deeper implications in the words of the law that prohibit sexual immorality to be about consorting with people who fornicate with many false gods, or have intercourse with any unclean beast such as those who worship a trinity.

Have you studied the term meshugenah?

Jesus said the son of man was given the power to forgive sin. No matter how you look at it the term 'son of man' is a metaphor for a human being even as the title son of God is a relational metaphor for a man.

It is impossible that a human being was or ever became God either before during or after their human existence.

"keeping company with prostitutes' is a euphemism for being a customer. the sexual act is never mentioned directly in scripture.

It makes you a sinner if like the Pharisees and Sadducees you maintain the position that the law is to be understood and applied literally.

Obviously Jesus did not agree and understood the deeper implications in the words of the law that prohibit sexual immorality to be about consorting with people who fornicate with many false gods, or have intercourse with any unclean beast such as those who worship a trinity.

Have you studied the term meshugenah?

Study it more.

Matthew 13:41 The Son of Man will send out his angels, and they will weed out of his kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil.

Pulpit Commentary

Verse 41. - The Son of man. Observe how expressly Christ identifies the Sower with the Lord of the angels

Whose angels? Anyone that commands that many must be God.

Matthew 13:41 The Son of Man will send out his angels, and they will weed out of his kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil.

Pulpit Commentary

Verse 41. - The Son of man. Observe how expressly Christ identifies the Sower with the Lord of the angels

Nonsense.

When Jesus was dying on the cross and said he could command 70 legions of angels if he gave the word he was not delusional or talking about invisible winged faeries, he was referring to the thousands of people who had believed in him and put their faith in him and knew that he was the Holy One of God, a man, the one chosen by God to convey all of his commands. They were eager for him to give the word to fight to the death in open rebellion against Rome even as he hung there dying...

Last edited:

Pulpit Commentary

Nonsense.

When Jesus was dying on the cross and said he could command 70 legions of angels if he gave the word he was not delusional or talking about invisible winged faeries, he was referring to the thousands of people who had believed in him and put their faith in him and knew that he was the Holy One of God, a man, the one chosen by God to convey all of his commands. They were eager for him to give the word to fight to the death in open rebellion against Rome even as he hung there dying...

So the son gets glory from the miracles, forgiving sin and the angels?

Isaiah 42:8 "I am the LORD; that is my name! I will not yield my glory to another or my praise to idols.

That would make Him God.

Nonsense.

Isaiah 42:8 "I am the LORD; that is my name! I will not yield my glory to another or my praise to idols.

That would make Him God.

“I am the LORD; that is my name; my glory I give to no other, nor my praise to carved idols.” Isaiah 42:8

“For my own sake, for my own sake, I do it, for how should my name be profaned? My glory I will not give to another.” Isaiah 48:11

“And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us; we have beheld his glory, the glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.” John 1:14

Jesus as the Glory of Yahweh

That would make Him (Jesus) God.

Last edited:
Hobelim, not to change the topic, but I found something very significant about The Feast of unleavened Bread as I was reading the Book Final Dawn over Jerusalem by Johh Hagee last night. It appears John did his homework on the matter of the Feast of Unleavened Bread and it proves that God has zero tolerance for sin. Listen to this:

from page 172 - 173 Final Dawn Over Jerusalem:

On the fifteen day of A'bib, the night after the weeklong Passover festival begins, the Feast of Unleavened Bread is observed. Jews eat roasted lamb, bitter herbs, and unleavened bread. In Jesus day, the people ate the sacrificial lamb that had been killed the day before. The Passover meal, called the Seder, it is itself a picture of the death and resurrection of Christ. In the middle of the ritual, a matzo ( unleavened bread that is striped and pierced in the baking process ) is broken in three pieces. The second piece, the Afikomen, is wrapped in white linen hidden away for a while, then found amid great rejoicing.
What an incredible picture and prediction of how Jesus Christ the Bread of Life, would be wounded with the stripes of a whip, pierced with a sword, wrapped in linen, and hidden away in a borrowed tomb. On the night Jesus was betrayed, He ate the Last Supper ( so called because it was the last meal in which leavened bread could be eaten before the festival ) with His disciples and told them that the bread was His body that was to be broken for them.
Just as the matzo at the Feast of Unleavened Bread is without leaven, Jesus was without sin. His body was hidden away for three days, but then He rose and reappeared on the earth amid great rejoicing.

Now watch this, Hobelim!

Pg 173 -174 concludes with this:

Before the feast can begin, the house must be cleansed of all leaven. Leaven, or yeast, makes the bread rise, and a practicing Jewish family will literally sweep the house clean to make certain there is no leaven on the premises. ( Israel's kosher army will actually "sell" all of its warehouses, granaries, government food supplies, military cooking and eating equipment to a non - Jewish employee until after Passover ) The heavenly Father decreed that any Jew eating leavened bread during the period should be cut off from the people - See Exodus 12: 15 - Why was His judgment so strong? Because in the Bible, leaven is the type or metaphor, for sin. Leaven represents pride and arrogance that lead men to feel they have no need for God ( * Jeri note Picture of wide road false grace message churches )

Jesus said, Take heed and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and the Saducees - Matthew 16:6 and Paul added, "Your glorying is not good. Do you not know that a little leaven leavens the whole lump?" - 1 Corinithians 5: 6 - ( * Jeri note story of Paul confronting wide road sinning Corinthian church for allowing fornicator in their church without repentance & casting out the man )

The message of this feast? God has zero tolerance for sin.

Just like yeast, sin puffs us up. The bible warns that sin will always find us out and the wages of sin is death. The Scriptures speak plainly about sin, for we are not only held responsible for our sinful acts, but we will be held accountable for the good deeds we neglected to do. "Therefore, James wrote, To him who knows to do good and does not do it, to him it a sin. - James 4:17

America, wake up. The Feast of Unleavened Bread warns us of an eternal fact - no one can escape God's measuring stick. Nonobservant Jews were "cut off" or killed, for disobedience. We are no different. Tragically, too many Americans have fogotten that God hasn't changed His Mind about the seriousness of sin.

Words of John Haggee from Final Dawn over Jerusalem page 172 - 173 - 1st few sentences of 174. Every word is his except my Jeri note comment. Is John Hagee preaching the Gospel? Yes.

Hobelim, is God serious about sin? Yes, he is deadly serious about sin. I am only addressing this to you as the Lord led me to this very book, chapter and verse last night and I know after reading this he has vindicated me on my position on this board about holiness unto the LORD. The Scriptures tell me that after 2 or 3 warnings to those who defend the grace is freedom to sin false gospel - to shake the dust from my feet and have nothing to do with them again. So I am only addressing this to you, Hobelim. It is true. Without holiness no one will see the Lord. - Jeri

Last edited:
The Lord has vindicated this very day Michael Boldea Jr., Dumitru Duduman, Richard Wurmbrand, Harlan Popoff, Brother Andrew, Corrie Ten Boom, William Gurnall, John Angell James, Oswald Chambers and myself on this Gospel of Holiness, Obedience, Repentance unto the LORD as every single person listed here preached the very same Gospel. ........without holiness no one will see the LORD. Hebrews 12: 14

TO GOD BE THE GLORY. AMEN AND AMEN. - Jeri

Last edited:
No. I don't think we can live our lives without commiting sin. The Spirit is willing but the Flesh is weak. We must ask God to forgive us when we sin. We are not perfect and we can't control always what we do and say but through Jesus our Lord when we pray we reach the Father and are forgiven. We are greatly blessed and highly favored, imperfect but forgiven Child of God.

Wilmington, N.C. that is the headquarters for satanism in the United States I am told by top intercessors, Rebelgirl. The spirit of witchcraft & occult activity ( rebellion against God ) is off the charts in that region. What a a perverse spiritual climate to have to do warfare in. I will keep you in my prayers. I believe we can do whatever Jesus has commanded us to do. Otherwise he wouldn't have commanded us to do it. Have a nice day. - Jeri

Nonsense.

That would make Him God.

No, the Son gets glory from being the one chosen by God to convey all of his commands which makes him the Jewish messiah, a Jewish man according to Deuteronomy 18:18

What did Jesus find glory in? Knowing God not being God. If Jesus thought he was God he was insane but not as insane as a person who would worship another man as if he was a god. That would be perverse, and an extremely unnatural relationship between men.

Time and time again, believers start discussing and teaching the doctrine that believers can be perfect and live a life without sin here on earth. That doctrine is a very evil and dangerous false doctrine. Please read this text with prayer and test it by the Word of God.

The whole article is on my site: Can believers live their lives without committing sin?

I tried for a while in the 1990's and it is very, very difficult. I tried again in the mid 2000's.

Couldn't do it.

But I'm the better man for having tried.

No. I don't think we can live our lives without commiting sin. The Spirit is willing but the Flesh is weak. We must ask God to forgive us when we sin. We are not perfect and we can't control always what we do and say but through Jesus our Lord when we pray we reach the Father and are forgiven. We are greatly blessed and highly favored, imperfect but forgiven Child of God.

"Paul in the great book of Philippians (3:12-14), made this statement: "Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus. Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus."

In this passage, the Apostle Paul is saying there is a degree of perfection he had not reached at that time. He still considered that he had not captured it.

Sinless Perfection by Jimmy Swaggart, p.18-19

Time and time again, believers start discussing and teaching the doctrine that believers can be perfect and live a life without sin here on earth. That doctrine is a very evil and dangerous false doctrine. Please read this text with prayer and test it by the Word of God.

The whole article is on my site: Can believers live their lives without committing sin?

I tried for a while in the 1990's and it is very, very difficult. I tried again in the mid 2000's.

Couldn't do it.

Perhaps you were misled and what you were taught to believe was sin is not sin in reality?

Sin is disobedience to the law. 1 john 3:4-10.

If what Jesus taught is the truth, that the law is figurative in nature conveyed by his command to eat his flesh, a direct reference to Kosher law, then the law is not and was never literally about slaughtering farm animals or being kind to lower beasts or what you eat or what you wear or who you have sex with.

Learn what the subjects in the law are actually about according to this revelation of Jesus and then you will understand what Jesus meant by saying that his yoke is easy.

Couldn't do it.

If you understand "sinful or imperfect" conditions in terms of human personal "biases" then it is clear that we all have our limitations and "biases" that will always make us favor one person over another; and thus fall short of perfectly equal love and inclusion of all people.

The point is to recognize none of us can perfectly love all people as "God" represents. Instead, collectively, each person can love and forgive different people that others cannot; so together all humanity is covered.

What we ARE asked to do is to FORGIVE and "ask help to forgive" where we cannot do so.

It is not about being as perfect as God individually, for that is not possible with God's infinite love truth and wisdom "no one person" can contain.

But collectively, humanity as the church body joined in spirit YES we can become "perfect" as in "mature or whole" even as our Heavenly Father is "perfect". We can do this together as one humanity, one family reconciled in Christ or joined by conscience in harmony. But we cannot expect to be perfect individually, we need each other to achieve the whole.

Couldn't do it.

Perhaps you were misled and what you were taught to believe was sin is not sin in reality?

If what Jesus taught is the truth, that the law is figurative in nature conveyed by his command to eat his flesh, a direct reference to Kosher law, then the law is not and was never literally about slaughtering farm animals or being kind to lower beasts or what you eat or what you wear or who you have sex with.

Learn what the subjects in the law are actually about according to this revelation of Jesus and then you will understand what Jesus meant by saying that his yoke is easy.

You mean I could have felt free to take the two charming young British school teachers on vacation in the USA to my apartment that night and we could have had a three way with no guilt???

That WOULD have been the easier yoke.

The one I chose had us all going to our respective beds.

Not easy.

But I thought it was the right thing to do in honor of my attempt to live a sinless life.

Little did I know!

Couldn't do it.

You mean I could have felt free to take the two charming young British school teachers on vacation in the USA to my apartment that night and we could have had a three way with no guilt???

That WOULD have been the easier yoke.

The one I chose had us all going to our respective beds.

Not easy.

But I thought it was the right thing to do in honor of my attempt to live a sinless life.

Little did I know!

lol.... now you know better.

You are not dead are you?

You can still live a sinless life just don't lift your skirt for every triune godman or self loathing masochistic religion that winks at you.

Wilmington, N.C. that is the headquarters for satanism in the United States I am told by top intercessors, Rebelgirl. The spirit of witchcraft & occult activity ( rebellion against God ) is off the charts in that region. What a a perverse spiritual climate to have to do warfare in. I will keep you in my prayers. I believe we can do whatever Jesus has commanded us to do. Otherwise he wouldn't have commanded us to do it. Have a nice day. - Jeri

Hey Jeremiah, like your username. Do you live near Wilmington?? Just wondering where you got it from that Wilmington is the "headquarters for satanism in the United States". I think we have our problems but no more than any other city. Satan is at work everywhere in these last day. I thank you for your prayers!! I need all the prayers I can get.

Forum List

Back