Can rights be restricted?

Preacher

Gold Member
Jan 29, 2015
Georgia Mountains
Most would say yes including at least one person on this forum but he claims ONLY the rights under the 2nd amendment can be restricted rights under the 14th amendment can't be restricted...anyone else hold this very Anti American argument? Either ALL rights can be restricted or NO rights can be restricted. Leftists are hypocrites. They are all for 2nd amendment,1st amendment,10th amendment rights being restricted and even banned if need be or if their feelings are hurt but the 14th which they claim allows for homosexual "marriage" to them s NOT allowed to be restricted.

Of course rights can be restricted. And, they can be restricted legally by the government.

Ask anyone who has ever joined the military. Granted, you don't totally lose your right to free speech, but it is severely restricted. And, you aren't supposed to go to partisan rallies while in uniform.

Same thing with carrying a gun, they can't stop you from owning one, but the restrictions you have to go through if you live on base are pretty strict.

Most would say yes including at least one person on this forum but he claims ONLY the rights under the 2nd amendment can be restricted rights under the 14th amendment can't be restricted...anyone else hold this very Anti American argument? Either ALL rights can be restricted or NO rights can be restricted. Leftists are hypocrites. They are all for 2nd amendment,1st amendment,10th amendment rights being restricted and even banned if need be or if their feelings are hurt but the 14th which they claim allows for homosexual "marriage" to them s NOT allowed to be restricted.

Yes I've just decided I'm restricting EVERY right....I can do this, I've just this minute appointed myself Dictator.

So ALL rights restricted, except for sex....being a pervert - this I blame COMPLETELY on Aaronland for making me as perverted as him - everyone is ordered to have sex all the time now.

This is an order, you will obey, ALL resistence is futile :whip::smoke:

Actually, I can point to USSC case law to tell you that the 14th can be restricted as well as the 1st if exercise of those rights hurt children either physically or psychologically:

Is Gay Marriage Void? New York v Ferber (1982) Etc.

Can you falsely yell "fire" in a crowded theater? Seems you are the hypocrite

Can you falsely yell "fire" in a crowded theater? Seems you are the hypocrite
I am asking a question nothing else. If leftists think and say the 2nd amendment can be restricted then therefore ANY right can be restricted including homosexual marriage and no yelling fire in a crowded theater would be a criminal act of inciting a riot not free speech

Actually, I can point to USSC case law to tell you that the 14th can be restricted as well as the 1st if exercise of those rights hurt children either physically or psychologically:

Is Gay Marriage Void? New York v Ferber (1982) Etc.

Exactly. That is why children can stop their parents from marrying and/or divorcing against their wishes.

Join the military, and after your first couple weeks of boot camp, you'll see proof positive that the government CAN restrict your rights.

Forum List

Back