Can someone explain what has happened to the GOP?

No Republican has said anything to support you claiming that.

Where did you get that?

Where did I get that?

From the party of no compromises

So, you can't support your claim at all.

Good. That's settled.

A President Trump, would for the first time in living memory negotiate from a position of strength and with the interests of the American Worker as his goal AND with world class skill.

:beer:
Do you understand what strength is?

Making unreasonable demands that the other party will not agree to is not strength. Trump does not have strength with Congress and does not have strength with other nations

Mexico will not pay for his wall
Congress will not repeal Obamacare

Bravado is not strength
Clean your crystal ball...it's dirty
Not really

I think the crystal ball is becoming clearer to Republicans on just what a Trump candidacy means to the party. The batshit crazy portion of the party will once again be put in their place
Cruz would be equally batshit crazy. But, you're probably right if you are thinking that if the Big Quack can't win NH, he's in deep bat shit.

Making unreasonable demands that the other party will not agree to is not strength. Trump does not have strength with Congress and does not have strength with other nations

Bravado is not strength
Not really

I think the crystal ball is becoming clearer to Republicans on just what a Trump candidacy means to the party. The batshit crazy portion of the party will once again be put in their place
If they aren't satisfied with their candidate this time around, they're going to keep up the food fight until fucking 2020.

I'd really rather just let them get this out of their system now.

The important aspect of this you are missing Mac, is that the angry people are the rational ones.

It is insane that Enforcing our Immigration laws is considered a radical position.

And this is not going to ever go away.

This will become the new normal, not quite yet. But soon.
Immigration laws are enforced. If you want to enforce them to a greater extend you need to expand the government and provide the funding.

If we have 11 MILLION ILLEGALS LIVING in this country, the immigration laws are not being enforced.

Not really

If they aren't satisfied with their candidate this time around, they're going to keep up the food fight until fucking 2020.

The important aspect of this you are missing Mac, is that the angry people are the rational ones.

It is insane that Enforcing our Immigration laws is considered a radical position.

Immigration laws are enforced. If you want to enforce them to a greater extend you need to expand the government and provide the funding.

If we have 11 MILLION ILLEGALS LIVING in this country, the immigration laws are not being enforced.
You are right, Correll. I read that border patrols are going to be cut back drastically as well
As Feds Plan to Cut Surveillance at Border, Texas Officials Demand Explanation

Last edited:
Not really

Immigration laws being enforced does not magically prevent all illegal immigration.

That said, I would guess that immigration laws, like most laws, are not enforced the same everywhere at all times. However, I'm not sure how Trump will single-handedly cause a massive change in immigration enforcement.

Not really

Sure they are. When caught, the get their hearings and deportation. If you want it to go faster you need to expand the government and fund it.

Not really

Sure they are. When caught, the get their hearings and deportation. If you want it to go faster you need to expand the government and fund it.
The opposite is happening. Border control is being cut. The administration is NOT enforcing the laws.

Not really

Immigration laws being enforced does not magically prevent all illegal immigration.

That said, I would guess that immigration laws, like most laws, are not enforced the same everywhere at all times. However, I'm not sure how Trump will single-handedly cause a massive change in immigration enforcement.

We have 11 million illegals. Immigration laws are being disregarded on a massive scale constantly.

ANy enforcement being done is woefully insufficient to the task.

Here is Trump's policy on immigration from his web page. A lot of good stuff there.

Immigration Reform

The specifics are further down the page.

Not really

The vast majority of them are not. Any enforcement is completely insufficient.

The 11 million needs to be caught and deported.

Where did I get that?

Good. That's settled.

A President Trump, would for the first time in living memory negotiate from a position of strength and with the interests of the American Worker as his goal AND with world class skill.

Bravado is not strength
Not really

Trump supporters are stupid, useless, and morally bankrupt. That being said, those qualities will quickly allow them to disavow any allegiance to Mr. Trump in favor of whoever wins if it is a Republicant. If Hillary wins, it's 8 more years of "we need to get a conservative"; ignoring that Trump was the most liberal candidate in the republicant field. If Rubio or whomever wins, you'll get some peace. Until governance happens and there is a sign of compromise or weakness (which to these folks is the same thing). Once that starts, you'll get the posters here who swear you can measure how long our nation has with an egg timer, more love for Putin who isn't a "pussy", and general self loathing.

Good. That's settled.

Bravado is not strength
Not really

Good. That's settled.

Bravado is not strength
Not really

I think I understand the anger & frustration, but I think that at this point in time the conservative movement's messaging and messengers are simply lousy. But the movement is still choosing to attach itself to them anyway and supporting them anyway because, evidently, that's who has shown up.

The danger in lousy messengers and lousy messaging is that they immediately turn people off to the message before it has had a chance to be explained fully. Worse, they can make the message easy to mock and/or challenge.

I'm not talking about the conservative message itself here, that would be a separate discussion.

Then expand the government and provide funding.

Bravado is not strength
Not really

Bravado is not strength
Not really

I think I understand the anger & frustration, but I think that at this point in time the conservative movement's messaging and messengers are simply lousy. But the movement is still choosing to attach itself to them anyway and supporting them anyway because, evidently, that's who has shown up.

The danger in lousy messengers and lousy messaging is that they immediately turn people off to the message before it has had a chance to be explained fully. Worse, they can make the message easy to mock and/or challenge.

I'm not talking about the conservative message itself here, that would be a separate discussion.

Remember Jack Ryan?

There was a great messenger.

Ryan spent his childhood in Wilmette, Illinois, the son of Helen Marie (Bruns) and Donald Robert Ryan, a managing partner at a trade and clearing house.[1][2][3]One of six siblings, he attended New Trier High School.[4] He graduated from high school in 1977 and went on to Dartmouth College, where he graduatedsumma cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa. He earned his MBA from Harvard Business School, and his JD from Harvard Law School, with honors.[4] After this, he worked at Casa Juan Diego, a refugee camp for Latinos fleeing the Central American civil wars. He worked for Goldman Sachs as an investment banker and eventual partner, first in New York City, and then in the Chicago branch.[4]

In 2000, after Goldman Sachs went public, Ryan's net worth was in the tens of millions. He retired from Goldman as a partner and taught for three years at a Bronzeville, Chicago, parochial school, Hales Franciscan High School.[4] He left his teaching position to run for the Senate in 2004.

His child custody court records were unsealed by a "Judge" who decided that the public needed to know what was in them.

What was in them were lies told by a bitter ex in a court battle over custody.

And a great messenger was destroyed before he even got out of the gate and the nation got Obama.

My point here Mac is that ANY AND ALL MESSENGERS WILL BE MOCKED AND ATTACKED, REGARDLESS OF REASON, OR TRUTH.

That's what having a Liberal media means.

And the more the media destroys our Messengers, good or bad, and the more that interests and the agenda of conservatives are marginalized because of this the madder we will grow over time.

Not quite yet. But soon, this will be the new normal. If we do not see something change.

Then expand the government and provide funding.

I am supporting a Presidential Candidate that is planning to do just that.

Good. That's settled.

Bravado is not strength
Not really

Trump supporters are stupid, useless, and morally bankrupt. ....

Actually, it's Obama's supporters that are stupid, useless and morally bankrupt. And Hillary supporters. And Sanders supporters.

All you lefties to be clear about it.

I don't think Trump would want to control the lives of 300 million people. He wants what's best for the country...and that is what makes the difference from the other candidates. Most of the other candidates are using their position to enhance their own personal wealth.

You have GOT to be shitting me.

I think you have missed the point. Trump was one of those donors who expected the politicians to perform for him. He knows the game and used it to his advantage. He is quite honest about it, isn't he?

So, if he wins the race and becomes president, the game in the White House stops. He doesn't have the wealthy donors who are expecting him to act for their agenda, he's working for the agenda of all the people. I don't think many candidates can say that. Even Bernie who I think is basically honest will have favors to give and play the game.

That is the most incredibly ignorant leap in "logic" I've ever heard.

What you basically said is, "Politicians with rich donors are bad, because they'll make policy to benefit rich people. So we should just elect the rich donor himself, because HE'LL care about everyone!"

Or, y'know, maybe he'll just make policy for rich people directly, and save on the middle man. Duhhhh.

We finally agree on something

Jackson

And don't think I'm not very disturbed by it.

So from what I'm seeing here, it appears that Trump's supporters are confident he can (a) get things done because of his deal-making skills and the strength of his personality, and (b) get things done that will reflect a consistently conservative agenda.

Is that a fair overview?
What the country is desperate for is a President who is a proven success as a businessman. Someone who has actually fucking ACCOMPLISHED SOMETHING in his life!
The country flirted with the 'First AA' President's Socialist agenda. How did THAT work out??????
Obama had ZERO experience in business, finance, geo-global politics, ME policy. Fucking NIL!
The fucking 'OJ jury' and White guilt soccer moms voted for a fucking 'community organizer' based SOLELY on the color of his skin. OH the sweet irony! The 'OJ jury' and the White guilt soccer moms ended up in worse circumstances under Obama's attempted Socialist wet-dream.
NEVER AGAIN!
This time the country must have a hard nosed 'geterdone! businessman as President.

Well, then, let's run right out and recruit George Soros!

Voting for someone because of his bank account makes no more sense than voting for someone on the color of his skin.

I don't know if you've noticed, but real-estate mogul and President are NOT the same skill set.
Who are you and what have you done w/ Cecille1200?!!! :mad-61:

:p

Still the same person I always was. I never rule out the possibility of leftists being accidentally correct, kinda like a stopped clock being right twice a day. And I have no problem with acknowledging it when it happens.

Although we might agree on the conclusion, we got there from completely different reasons and logic.

Doesn't require us to have the same political beliefs to both be able to recognize a con man when we see one.

And maybe explain it without the standard hyperbole and partisan BS. Just some honest, solid analysis. Or maybe provide a link to a piece that someone has written that calmly and reasonably explains it.

I think this "Fox News is the enemy" thing is the final straw with me. I'm now completely lost, and I feel like Sandra Bullock in Gravity, floating away from reality with no way to get back.

To wit:
  • The aforementioned darling news network is, overnight, the target of at least as much derision as MSNBC
  • A bombastic New Yorker who is clearly not a conservative is running away with the nomination
  • That same candidate can literally say the most ridiculous things and it only makes his support stronger
  • Suddenly, nationalism & populism clearly have more energy in the party than "conservative values"
  • A nihilistic, "I don't care, just blow the whole thing up" attitude seems to completely permeate the party
  • The slightest nod toward legislative cooperation is simply no longer allowed in public discourse
  • The Establishment, whatever that is, appears to be more hated than any Democrat
It's like half the party has just snapped.

Exactly what is the goal here? And does anyone care if this inter-party schism is healed?

Pretty simple. Our nation has been becoming progressively dumber, more shallow, and less mature with each passing year. This is just the latest iteration of our coming collapse under the weight of our own spoiled ignorance.
Sad but true. And a self-inflicted wound.

True. The worst ones often are.

The rest of the world think it is fucking stupid that Republicans would nominate Trump

The rest of the world is benefiting from an America that has been the World's Bitch on Trade and Immigration.

And is wrong.

Once again, Republicans think trade agreements have to be 100% in your favor to be acceptable.....the real world doesn't work like that

Where did you get that?

Where did I get that?

Good. That's settled.

First time in WHOSE living memory? I can remember waaaaaay back to when people knew the difference between REAL strength and loudmouthed posturing.

Bravado is not strength
Not really

Trump supporters are stupid, useless, and morally bankrupt. ....

Actually, it's Obama's supporters that are stupid, useless and morally bankrupt. And Hillary supporters. And Sanders supporters.

All you lefties to be clear about it.

Oh, it's not JUST the leftist supporters who are.

All you neo-neo-conservatives who think you and Trump took out a copyright on conservatism yesterday, to be clear about it.

The rest of the world is benefiting from an America that has been the World's Bitch on Trade and Immigration.

And is wrong.

Once again, Republicans think trade agreements have to be 100% in your favor to be acceptable.....the real world doesn't work like that

Where did you get that?

Where did I get that?

Good. That's settled.

First time in WHOSE living memory? I can remember waaaaaay back to when people knew the difference between REAL strength and loudmouthed posturing.

Missourian

Looks like you lost another one!!!

Forum List

Back