Can someone making $1 million a year afford a 5.87% tax increase?

Yup. But I don't drive 20 times as far or drive a car that weighs 20 times what your mini does.
Of course I buy food. I eat about the same amount and pay the same prices for it everyone else does. My meat has not been inspected 20 times as often or competently.

My wife takes 7 prescriptions. Fairly average for a woman her age with her health issues. Her pills are not gold plated. They don't come with any added value, no free opera tickets.

Yup same toys as you do, subject to the same standards. Chances are, the toys I buy are of higher quality and actually need less scrutiny.

Occasionally I fly. I'll be just as dead as you if we crash. As a matter of fact, we, in first class will die first.
At zero cost??? For Christ's sake guy! Even if we all paid taxes at a flat rate, the guy making $1,000,000/year is already paying 20 times the taxes that the $50,000/year guy pays for the exact same services except for the free cheese

In answer to your question above:

IRS-agents-AR-15s-400x211.jpg

So are you advocating a society where the upper class gets preferential treatment by the government?

BTW my eyesight is not what it used it be but that is photoshopped. The 2nd guy in line has a badge that says "POLICE" and the shield is curved while the writing is dead flat.

No, I advocate everyone paying for the services they receive.

RE the shield. Yeah it probably is a photoshop. Here ya go:

IRS Agents Being Armed With AR-15 Rifles | Off The Grid News

More quack-job deception!

Yup. But I don't drive 20 times as far or drive a car that weighs 20 times what your mini does.
Of course I buy food. I eat about the same amount and pay the same prices for it everyone else does. My meat has not been inspected 20 times as often or competently.

My wife takes 7 prescriptions. Fairly average for a woman her age with her health issues. Her pills are not gold plated. They don't come with any added value, no free opera tickets.

Yup same toys as you do, subject to the same standards. Chances are, the toys I buy are of higher quality and actually need less scrutiny.

Occasionally I fly. I'll be just as dead as you if we crash. As a matter of fact, we, in first class will die first.
At zero cost??? For Christ's sake guy! Even if we all paid taxes at a flat rate, the guy making $1,000,000/year is already paying 20 times the taxes that the $50,000/year guy pays for the exact same services except for the free cheese

In answer to your question above:

IRS-agents-AR-15s-400x211.jpg

So are you advocating a society where the upper class gets preferential treatment by the government?

BTW my eyesight is not what it used it be but that is photoshopped. The 2nd guy in line has a badge that says "POLICE" and the shield is curved while the writing is dead flat.

Meaning a flat tax or denial of services to those who don't pay taxes?

The Internal Revenue Service does have a law enforcement division,

LEO's usually train with a variety of different weapons, but that doesn't mean that they carry them with them at all times.

.[/tQUOTE]

Most conservatives and libertarians could go for a flat tax and certainly limiting the wipe-every-nose redistributionist lib welfare state.

Liberals naturally tend to see it just the opposite

Taxes and purchases are not the same thing. The price of goods are determined by the manufacturer. The amount of taxes owed depends upon the income of the individual.

Nice side-step. I, and I'm sure you, want value from our expenditures.

Again! What do I get in return for my $58,700?

If I pay twice the taxes you do, do I get twice the services? Do I get an extra vote on election day?
I mean, shit! A guy making a million a year is already paying around a quarter million and a guy making 50K is paying < 12K. Does the first guy get 20 times the food stamps? Free cheese? Free housing? Can he expect to get 20 times the Social Security benefit at 65?

With a decent accountant our $1,000,000/year (salary) guy will pay about $250,000 in taxes. If he gave that much to the DNC, he'd be the Ambassador to the Cayman Islands or at least a frequent guest in the Lincoln Bedroom. What does he get from the IRS?

Defending the very rich today again I see. Them poor rich people. You think very, very rich people come on sites like this and read about the defense of their wealth by middle class people? I bet they laugh and laugh.

I would guess that Ernie is concerned about the governments deficit spending and would really like for severe cuts in spending to be made to help reduce deficit spending. But don't want to increase taxes on the very rich who have done so very well the past few years.

And I guess that the cuts in spending need to come from the poor and the middle class. Because we are the ones needing more government services to get by in the shitty economy created by those very same very wealthy people that can't be taxed any more cause they "already pay enough".

But I can't help but laugh. In the example of a one million dollar earner, he pays around 250k in taxes. Lets say total (Fed State Local) taxes are 400k.

Leaving this most fortunate individual a measly $50,000.00 net dollars a month to "get by on."

I wonder why people like you Earnie defend the very rich. WTF do you care about what taxes the guy making 50k net a month pays. He/she (very rich) would much rather that YOU and I take a cut somewhere in our benefits or services as opposed to them paying more. And I understand that. Don't care, but understand.

But why would you care if the very very rich pay 5 or 6% more in taxes?

Or, what are you willing to give up so they don't end up paying more in taxes?

Seems to me it is one or the other. Both would be best. If we really are concerned about how much money we spend and debt we have.

Less spending on most of us, more income from those with all the BIG fucking income gains. The very, very rich are the only ones who can afford a tax increase. And I don't care if they get one. Why do you? Just curious.

Why? Because they receive no more for their money than you do.

You seem to think it is fair to force the rich to pay for what you feel you deserve. Sadly, you deserve only what you acquire through your own efforts.

How about you address the issue of fairness. Tell me why one citizen should pay 20 times as much for the same services.

It's your belief that the rich deserve a break cause we're better than you?

No, it's not my belief that the rich deserve a break, nor is it my belief that the rich are better than me, or anyone else for that matter. Why do you ask such a stupid question?

So the rich should pay the same effective percentage in tax as the middle class?

Percentage of what? What tax? What is the middle class? What do you mean by same effective, no one can have variable deductions or no deductions? Huh? Is this some sort of buzz feed game you are playing? Stop talking in political riddles and speak your mind.

IMO there should be no personal income tax it's slavery. IMO even if there is personal income tax we should only have one tax rate to ensure everyone feels the pain of it or no one does. I also don't believe in double taxing personal income by then taxing capital gains income. But mostly I find it vile and disgusting that we tax people at all to fund selected companies & citizens that we feel are more deserving of the income that we took.

It's your belief that the rich deserve a break cause we're better than you?

No, it's not my belief that the rich deserve a break, nor is it my belief that the rich are better than me, or anyone else for that matter. Why do you ask such a stupid question?

So the rich should pay the same effective percentage in tax as the middle class?

In reality, less. Taxes should be based on services received.

The Internal Revenue Service does have a law enforcement division,

LEO's usually train with a variety of different weapons, but that doesn't mean that they carry them with them at all times.

I would be OK with a flat tax. My preference would be a slightly regressive tax schedule that would encourage high earnings.
14% of a million is a lot better to the IRS than 15% of $750,000

In reality, less. Taxes should be based on services received.

I prefer to say taxes on products and services purchased and / or agreed to voluntarily.

Nice side-step. I, and I'm sure you, want value from our expenditures.

Again! What do I get in return for my $58,700?

If I pay twice the taxes you do, do I get twice the services? Do I get an extra vote on election day?
I mean, shit! A guy making a million a year is already paying around a quarter million and a guy making 50K is paying < 12K. Does the first guy get 20 times the food stamps? Free cheese? Free housing? Can he expect to get 20 times the Social Security benefit at 65?

With a decent accountant our $1,000,000/year (salary) guy will pay about $250,000 in taxes. If he gave that much to the DNC, he'd be the Ambassador to the Cayman Islands or at least a frequent guest in the Lincoln Bedroom. What does he get from the IRS?

Defending the very rich today again I see. Them poor rich people. You think very, very rich people come on sites like this and read about the defense of their wealth by middle class people? I bet they laugh and laugh.

I would guess that Ernie is concerned about the governments deficit spending and would really like for severe cuts in spending to be made to help reduce deficit spending. But don't want to increase taxes on the very rich who have done so very well the past few years.

And I guess that the cuts in spending need to come from the poor and the middle class. Because we are the ones needing more government services to get by in the shitty economy created by those very same very wealthy people that can't be taxed any more cause they "already pay enough".

But I can't help but laugh. In the example of a one million dollar earner, he pays around 250k in taxes. Lets say total (Fed State Local) taxes are 400k.

Leaving this most fortunate individual a measly $50,000.00 net dollars a month to "get by on."

I wonder why people like you Earnie defend the very rich. WTF do you care about what taxes the guy making 50k net a month pays. He/she (very rich) would much rather that YOU and I take a cut somewhere in our benefits or services as opposed to them paying more. And I understand that. Don't care, but understand.

Seems to me it is one or the other. Both would be best. If we really are concerned about how much money we spend and debt we have.

Less spending on most of us, more income from those with all the BIG fucking income gains. The very, very rich are the only ones who can afford a tax increase. And I don't care if they get one. Why do you? Just curious.

You seem to think it is fair to force the rich to pay for what you feel you deserve. Sadly, you deserve only what you acquire through your own efforts.

How about you address the issue of fairness. Tell me why one citizen should pay 20 times as much for the same services.

As opposed to paying for the wars that only benefit the wealthy?

If everyone pays the exact same flat rate of taxes for "services" from the government then conversely everyone should receive an equal share of the profits from the companies that do business with the government. After all the taxpayers are the ones who are paying for those profits, right? So why do only the wealthy get to benefit from the profits generated by taxpayer funds? If you want to go 100% flat then it has to equitable in every respect.

Yes he can, but then again such millinaire can also afford to cut his hours.

I could maybe support it if the SS money was actually invested, this spending binge must be stopped. You can't have a viable economy based on spending. Although with the 0% interest rates, it's hard to know if the markets even invest on anything but gambling anymore.

Last edited:

The wealthy pay most of the income taxes that pay for the wars and now you expect them to pay more for your retirement also?

If the wealthy are paying for the wars that benefit them then why is there still a deficit and a national debt?

You mean poor people don't benefit from having cheap goods from overseas?

If everyone pays the exact same flat rate of taxes for "services" from the government then conversely everyone should receive an equal share of the profits from the companies that do business with the government. After all the taxpayers are the ones who are paying for those profits, right? So why do only the wealthy get to benefit from the profits generated by taxpayer funds? If you want to go 100% flat then it has to equitable in every respect.

You're just one vast fountain of bad commie ideas, aren't you?

You wouldn't seriously advocate giving people the option of not paying taxes, would you?

Your welfare empire would collapse in a week if that ever happened.

My patience for puerile posts is exhausted so let me try a timeout!

[Edit Ignore List] *click*

Add a Member to Your List... *click*

*bripat9643*

[Okay] *click*

The wealthy pay most of the income taxes that pay for the wars and now you expect them to pay more for your retirement also?

If the wealthy are paying for the wars that benefit them then why is there still a deficit and a national debt?

Because government borrows .40 cent of every dollar it spends for wars and the wipe-every-nose welfare state.

But the majority of the .60 cents covered by taxes is paid by the wealthy not the poor.

Because government borrows .40 cent of every dollar it spends for wars and the wipe-every-nose welfare state.

But the majority of the .60 cents covered by taxes is paid by the wealthy not the poor.

The wealthy got the biggest slice of the taxcuts that created the deficit and is still growing the national debt. Since those taxcuts were allegedly going to produce jobs that never materialized the wealthy have a backlog of taxes that they now owe.

Forum List

Back