CDZ Can someone please describe White Privilege in specific terms?

I don't why you all are having a such hard time with this question. .Considering you can't attend or teach at a University -- work for the govt -- or a major corporation without KNOWING what the accusation of "white privilege" means. A 10 second search on Bing turns up 50 Examples of White Privilege.

50 Examples of White Privilege in Daily Life

Now I don't know if that's sufficiently "academic" enough to satisfy you, but it's similar to the indoctrination that HR sensitivity course or College intro on the topic will give you.. Some are valid. Some are quirky and paranoid. But there it is. Some examples for folks too lazy to read all 50 examples are:

47. I can travel alone or with my spouse without expecting embarrassment or hostility in those who deal with us.

48. I have no difficulty finding neighborhoods where people approve of our household.

49. My children are given texts and classes which implicitly support our kind of family unit and do not turn them against my choice of domestic partnership.

50. I will feel welcomed and “normal” in the usual walks of public life, institutional and social.
The point being that it's a fabricated LW term like "Assault Weapon".

Again, most "White Privilege" examples are simply examples of the majority in a democratic society.

I don't why you all are having a such hard time with this question. .Considering you can't attend or teach at a University -- work for the govt -- or a major corporation without KNOWING what the accusation of "white privilege" means. A 10 second search on Bing turns up 50 Examples of White Privilege.

Now I don't know if that's sufficiently "academic" enough to satisfy you, but it's similar to the indoctrination that HR sensitivity course or College intro on the topic will give you.. Some are valid. Some are quirky and paranoid. But there it is. Some examples for folks too lazy to read all 50 examples are:

47. I can travel alone or with my spouse without expecting embarrassment or hostility in those who deal with us.

48. I have no difficulty finding neighborhoods where people approve of our household.

49. My children are given texts and classes which implicitly support our kind of family unit and do not turn them against my choice of domestic partnership.

50. I will feel welcomed and “normal” in the usual walks of public life, institutional and social.

Again, most "White Privilege" examples are simply examples of the majority in a democratic society.

The fantasy is the belief...... I got everything in life on my own

The fantasy is the belief...... I got everything in life on my own
Agreed, but that's a straw man argument and has nothing to do with the fabricated term "white privilege".

Every one of those items flacaltenn posted from a list can be applied to other "races".

The main problem, IMO, is that many on the Left support an agenda of race politics. If the fires of racism are dying down, they feel compelled to throw some fuel on them to get the flames back up. Fabricating a term like "white privilege" is just one way for them to fan those dying embers back to burning.

It seems to me to be little more than having two parents in the home who place some value on education. Interestingly, this "privilege" is also enjoyed by most Asian-Americans...

Is there a neg rep button on this board anymore?
The intelligent thing to do is simply state why one disagrees with another.

JWoodie thinks enough there is no need to point out many white folks view other white folks (and probably Asians lol) as safer hires. so I viewed a reply like that as condescending (spelled right?).

Some of it is valid. In that black families that decide to live the suburban life, because that's their natural inclination MIGHT find it harder to be "the rare ones". I know in Hillbilly Hollywood, these folks are truely welcomed since they are included in a normal way. Of course these are NFL players, music people, college profs, etc. So it's also a matter of "class identification". And things might not go that easy for ANY minority adventuring out from their comfort zone.

I think it is LARGELY a "comfort zone" issue and not a vestige of discrimination.. And for MOST of the examples given, it's largely paranoia from not TAKING those excursions into the rest of society..

Every one of those items flacaltenn posted from a list can be applied to other "races".

Yeah, except the majority of whites. Hence the term --- white privilege...

The main problem, IMO, is that many on the Left support an agenda of race politics. If the fires of racism are dying down, they feel compelled to throw some fuel on them to get the flames back up. Fabricating a term like "white privilege" is just one way for them to fan those dying embers back to burning.

Yep.. It important to be able to vilify your political opposition as "racist" for them. So you're gonna throw a whole laundry list of accusations to magnify the problem. And DEFINITELY, these folks are the ones fixated on race, rather than "govt for the people" meaning class-less race-less governing. .

Somebody needs to build a case for a TRUE color-blind society. MLK didn't get quite there.. The Libertarians have been preaching that MOST of the poor treatment and "oppression" comes from the very INSENSITIVE, INCOMPETENT ways that LOCAL govt treat poor and underprivileged communities. Like Ferguson --- where there was an average of 3 warrants and 1.5 arrests per year for EACH household and ATROCIOUS public service and competency in fixing the abuses. NOT racism -- NOT police bias -- NOT white privilege ------> just bad govt administration and service...

It seems to me to be little more than having two parents in the home who place some value on education. Interestingly, this "privilege" is also enjoyed by most Asian-Americans...

JWoodie thinks enough there is no need to point out many white folks view other white folks (and probably Asians lol) as safer hires. so I viewed a reply like that as condescending (spelled right?).

During the past 50 years, there has been a tremendous PREMIUM on minority job applicants with even minimum qualifications. Where have you been?

During the past 50 years, there has been a tremendous PREMIUM on minority job applicants with even minimum qualifications. Where have you been?

It's downright Orwellian how those who have actually benefitted from systematic racial privilege are trying to whip up even more resentment against those who have made that so.

Blacks already have the privilege of being accepted to schools over better qualified whites, the privilege of being given jobs and promotions over better qualified whites and the privilege of being held unaccountable for their own extreme racism. This term "white privilege" is simply a propaganda technique to gain even more privilege through the use of guilt tripping.

The term "White Privilege™" is one of many terms that is meant to be used specifically as a cultural weapon, and is a wholly-owned product of the PC/SJW movement.

It is that group that has the sovereign cultural authority to decide what it is, when it has been committed, who has committed it, and what any and all punishments should be. Further, the group is under no obligation to apply rules consistently; rather, it can pick and choose perpetrators based on its interpretation of the most effective cultural/political advantage for that specific application.

Other similar terms include "racist" (of course), "misogynist", "homophobe", "Nazi", and any others they feel are to their advantage at any given moment.

Please consult your nearby PC/SJW representative for a case-by-case determination. And as always, take great care in what you say around them.

Last edited:
it's whatever the person using it needs it to be to satisfy their own shortcomings at the time.

ie - crutch, excuse...

The term "White Privilege™" is one of many terms that is meant to be used specifically as a cultural weapon, and is a wholly-owned product of the PC/SJW movement.

It is that group that has the sovereign cultural authority to decide what it is, when it has been committed, who has committed it, and what any and all punishments should be. Further, the group is under no obligation to apply rules consistently; rather, it can pick and choose perpetrators based on its interpretation of the most effective cultural/political advantage for that specific application.

Other similar terms include "racist" (of course), "misogynist", "homophobe", "Nazi", and any others they feel are to their advantage at any given moment.

Please consult your nearby PC/SJW representative for a case-by-case determination. And as always, take great care in what you say around them.

I find it especially ironic how the SJW's in the middle east and Israel forums use the term "Nazi" to describe those who DON'T share their vitriolic hatred of Jews.

......and, of course, I would be remiss were I to fail to point out that the rulebook requires the term "misogynist" to be used only in cases of white misogyny. Blacks and Islamists are strictly off limits.

What recently happened to me in Walmart.

I (a white guy) go to the express lane in Walmart. An old white woman is the cashier. Another old white woman is checking out. Two black women are behind her. I'm behind them, out of sight.

The old white woman finishes up. The cashier proceeds to start gossiping with the old white woman customer about family. I time it. They go on for over 3 minutes, which is forever in a checkout line.

One of the black women finally says "Excuse me, can we be helped?".

The old white woman huffily lies to their faces and says "Can't you see I'm helping another customer!". No, she wasn't. She was gossiping.

I move so I'm in view. The cashier's attitude changes, and she grudgingly checks the black women out.

When I get to the cashier, she says "I'm sorry, sir. I didn't see _you_ standing there."

That would be some white privilege.

(I just left, at the time. After thinking about it, I came back to fill out a feedback form about my Walmart shopping experience. I hope she was fired.)

What recently happened to me in Walmart.

I (a white guy) go to the express lane in Walmart. An old white woman is the cashier. Another old white woman is checking out. Two black women are behind her. I'm behind them, out of sight.

The old white woman finishes up. The cashier proceeds to start gossiping with the old white woman customer about family. I time it. They go on for over 3 minutes, which is forever in a checkout line.

One of the black women finally says "Excuse me, can we be helped?".

The old white woman huffily lies to their faces and says "Can't you see I'm helping another customer!". No, she wasn't. She was gossiping.

I move so I'm in view. The cashier's attitude changes, and she grudgingly checks the black women out.

When I get to the cashier, she says "I'm sorry, sir. I didn't see _you_ standing there."

That would be some white privilege.

(I just left, at the time. After thinking about it, I came back to fill out a feedback form about my Walmart shopping experience. I hope she was fired.)
Disagreed. That's not white privilege anymore than if the races had been reversed. That's just assholes in action.

At work in America where companies with racist hiring practices just HAD to hire a minority person and preferably a woman to make an office not look like a WASP convention.

Then working in white flightville where an applicant named Johnson or Smith from and undesireable zip code just wasn't gonna be taken seriously.

Not to mention ppl in white guy bars talk to me and expect me not to tell "The Canadians" what they said. Canadians is a dumb "secret" code word for blacks around here.

Do Canadians have "white privilege"? If not, why not?

Do Mexicans have "brown privilege"? If not, why not?

Most Canada Canadians in America probably do enjoy white privilege. Besides on here I do not hear many people bashing ppl from Canada.

Mexicans and brown privilege...I have never been to Mexico. There may be a little resentment to their neighbors from the North who forcibly took Texas and large parts of the Southwest from them in the 19th Century. Not sure if there are really enough white Americans applying for jobs at Fiat plants on Mexico to study this though. My guess is the first few slip by as novelties, then there is some pushback.

Most Canada Canadians in America probably do enjoy white privilege. Besides on here I do not hear many people bashing ppl from Canada.

Mexicans and brown privilege...I have never been to Mexico. There may be a little resentment to their neighbors from the North who forcibly took Texas and large parts of the Southwest from them in the 19th Century. Not sure if there are really enough white Americans applying for jobs at Fiat plants on Mexico to study this though. My guess is the first few slip by as novelties, then there is some pushback.
Thanks for the entertainment of you dodging and weaving.

Only Canadians in America enjoy white privilege? WTF?

I especially liked how you tried to spin it all back on those nasty Americans. So, no "brown privilege" in Mexico except for those nasty gringos who stole their land? LOL

Only Canadians in America enjoy white privilege? WTF?

I especially liked how you tried to spin it all back on those nasty Americans. So, no "brown privilege" in Mexico except for those nasty gringos who stole their land? LOL

I'm sure you would have the same sort of difficulties if you tried explaining that the world is more than 6000 years old to those who claim that Satan put dinosaur bones on earth to deceive us.

As far as privilege is concerned, however, I do find it necessary to remind you of my pink privilege. Thanks to all the myriad benefits of so much Irish and Scottish d.n.a., my skin achieves the most perfect state of shrimp pink when exposed to sunlight. It has been my distinct privilege to enjoy many visits to the dermatologist having bits of me cut off, frozen off and otherwise excised from my skin.

Thank you skin!!

Forum List

Back