Can We Please Get Rid of the Pledge?

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Flag Day, burn one. That will show true liberty, not that false crap conservatives love.
It might be legal if but Hossfly catches any one burning an American flag they had better be prepared to receive a major ass kicking. Also anyone not rendering the flag the proper respect will be chastised physically. Don't say anything about Hossfly going to jail. Tain't possible.
You are nothing more than a Nazi. A real patriot knows that liberty is flying the flag or burning the flag, your call. That is liberty.

Conservatives have a strange love affair with authoritarianism.
They are fear-based. Having a Big Daddy, on the ground and in the sky, makes them feel safer. That and their .38 teddy bear small penis enhancements.

Gee, Betty...I'm a conservative...I'm also an agnostic. I have no clue what you're even talking about with your .38 teddy bear small penis enhancement nonsense! You think because someone chooses to own a gun to protect their loved ones from the animals that increasingly inhabit our country...it means they are less "manly"? Here's a clue...in many places in this country...NOT being able to protect yourself and your loved ones means you're less of a man!
If you "need" a gun for protection, you are not a man.
Says somebody living in a gated community and driving into a parking garage protected by armed security....

On Flag Day, burn one. That will show true liberty, not that false crap conservatives love.
It might be legal if but Hossfly catches any one burning an American flag they had better be prepared to receive a major ass kicking. Also anyone not rendering the flag the proper respect will be chastised physically. Don't say anything about Hossfly going to jail. Tain't possible.

Well Hossfly, as much as I have a huge case of like with you, I can't condone physical violence when people exercise the liberty that the Pledge, the National Anthem, and the flag represent by disrespecting these symbols that are so important to so many of us. I might not object to a well phrased verbal ass kicking though. :)
In one hour I am having dinner with about 30 guys who are the only survivors of my company from November 1965. In a 4 day period we had around 250 members of my Regiment killed on the battlefield. Many more have died since from various forms of cancer caused by Agent Orange. All of us here tonight are 100% disabled veterans who have survived those cancers. So you will have to excuse Hossfly for being in a violent mood when it comes to THE FLAG. I have to get ready for dinner now. I don't want to miss joining the group to pledge allegiance to that sacred (to us) flag.
You made a symbol sacred, without understanding what the fuck it actually mean?. Just more egotistical cannon fodder. Drink up.

I like the Pledge. I think it is healthy and honorable for children to learn and recite it. And I feel a strong sense of solidarity with other citizens when we stand up and recite it at appropriate events. I do not think anyone should be required to recite it, but just like treating the national flag with respect, I will be thinking those who do not as a means of protest are not very bright, not very appreciative, and not very good citizens. So if it comes to a national referendum, I will be voting to retain the Pledge. And if there are enough folks who want to dump it, I will be disappointed but so be it.

I agree Foxy. And they can say what they want about me, but to me it's part of America. It will never leave me personally.

You are nothing more than a Nazi. A real patriot knows that liberty is flying the flag or burning the flag, your call. That is liberty.
Godwin's Law... Watch out people there is moron who has no opinion on his own and resorts to the cited law...hahahaha.. you just displayed what a fucking shallow minded little lightweight moron you are.. hahahaha

Deflection of what?

I made two points.

1. Old Glory predates the constitution

2. Old Glory would of changed even of the articles of confederation were in place.

Anything not in response to those two points is deflection.

Don't be an idiot. Lazy fuck, go back a few posts and see.

Your post (which you are assuming I have not read) is irrelevant to the two points provided above.

You are charging in and start acting like a superior authority when you didn't see preliminaries...

I am the superior authority.

I acknowledge that you are not slum bum. You are eloquent and shit. Peace.

Cool insults.

Godwin's Law... Watch out people there is moron who has no opinion on his own and resorts to the cited law...hahahaha.. you just displayed what a fucking shallow minded little lightweight moron you are.. hahahaha
He's a fascist old prick, while you are a worthless young one. Neither of you matter a damn.

Well Hossfly, as much as I have a huge case of like with you, I can't condone physical violence when people exercise the liberty that the Pledge, the National Anthem, and the flag represent by disrespecting these symbols that are so important to so many of us. I might not object to a well phrased verbal ass kicking though. :)
In one hour I am having dinner with about 30 guys who are the only survivors of my company from November 1965. In a 4 day period we had around 250 members of my Regiment killed on the battlefield. Many more have died since from various forms of cancer caused by Agent Orange. All of us here tonight are 100% disabled veterans who have survived those cancers. So you will have to excuse Hossfly for being in a violent mood when it comes to THE FLAG. I have to get ready for dinner now. I don't want to miss joining the group to pledge allegiance to that sacred (to us) flag.
You made a symbol sacred, without understanding what the fuck it actually mean?. Just more egotistical cannon fodder. Drink up.
Dickhead... I addressed you way back in the posts.. you didn't answer... you have no specifics.. you have nothing to offer but your idiocy from your deranged mind... what's left of it...

Great Liberal Ideas:

Let men who 'feel' like women in the bathroom with our wives and daughters

Let's get rid of the Pledge of Allegience

There's no place for 'In God We Trust'...

And what's up with the offensive flag with all the stars and stripes...?!

:rolleyes:

Dickhead... I addressed you way back in the posts.. you didn't answer... you have no specifics.. you have nothing to offer but your idiocy from your deranged mind... what's left of it...
Just STFU, child.

What is false?
Requiring a free people to obey the dictates of others or a government because you revere a symbol but not why said symbol actually matters.

No one is requiring anyone anything.
Oh but they are. Like all little fascists they want everyone to pledge allegiance to a flag, of their choosing.

What is false?
Requiring a free people to obey the dictates of others or a government because you revere a symbol but not why said symbol actually matters.

Oh but they are. Like all little fascists they want everyone to pledge allegiance to a flag, of their choosing.

pppffftttt Not to worry. You don't have to if you don't want to.

What is false?

I don't, and haven't for decades. That is my liberty, my right, my freedom. That is what the symbol stands for.

I'll stand with my hand over my heart, out of respect for those that take it seriously, but I don't utter a word. It is a crock. I do not owe allegiance to a flag. I owe allegiance to the Constitution. The National Anthem is even worse. it is almost impossible to sing, and frankly, is a lousy song, anyway. I wish to hell that they would change it to "America the Beautiful".
You moron, the flag represents the Constitution. What a fucking idiot... hahahaha... whooosh over your head ...

True. The flag is sacred. That is the reason that the largest American flag in town flies over the Toyota dealership. I always put my hand over my heart when I drive by. Scares the hell out of my daughter.

Last edited:

Not necessarily true.

Teachers forced me back when I was in school.

I met a group of modern teachers that forced their students to stand for the pledge.

What is false?

I don't, and haven't for decades. That is my liberty, my right, my freedom. That is what the symbol stands for.

And you have that right....but you don't seem to want to give the same right to those that want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back