Can We Please Get Rid of the Pledge?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll stand with my hand over my heart, out of respect for those that take it seriously, but I don't utter a word. It is a crock. I do not owe allegiance to a flag. I owe allegiance to the Constitution. The National Anthem is even worse. it is almost impossible to sing, and frankly, is a lousy song, anyway. I wish to hell that they would change it to "America the Beautiful".

They won't! It mentions God. You can't have that without offending someone.

Being a political message board I think USMB should post the Star Spangled Banner at 6am and the pledge at 8. Then we can run somebody up a flagpole around 10.

You don't need to try to look stupid... you are... an anti-American leech on the neck of society. A troll who doesn't know the Bill of Rights therefore he hates it because he is told to do so by George Soros or one of his anti-American organizations. That sums it up who you are...

I don't know George Soros. I did go to school with a guy by the name of George Soccardo. Could that be who you are talking about?
As I said, do not try to look stupid...you are... you get your marching orders from one of his anti-American organizations. The do not bear the George Soros name. The have fancy names, he has many. Google is your friend. Try it and see how many organizations he finances. (hint) BLM is one of them...

George Soros founded the Bureau of Land Management?
Damn! That explains what happened in Oregon!
You know, your trolling doesn't faze me a bit. I got used to dealing with idiots. What baffles me is that you put it on display. Nobody can be that stupid, I thought, then I am proven wrong again.

...as often happens!
I wish Senior were here to get your idiocy under control.

I'll stand with my hand over my heart, out of respect for those that take it seriously, but I don't utter a word. It is a crock. I do not owe allegiance to a flag. I owe allegiance to the Constitution. The National Anthem is even worse. it is almost impossible to sing, and frankly, is a lousy song, anyway. I wish to hell that they would change it to "America the Beautiful".

I have to agree. Our anthem is sucky. So many better songs...I'd nominate This Land is Your Land...

I mean look at the French Anthem - it's stirring!

I remember the immediate aftermath of 9/11 . The Bush Administration and their conservatives followers conducted witch hunts against those who didn't wear flag pins or display the appropriate symbols of collective grieving.

I don't understand why conservatives think that government should dictate the way people experience, remember and honor important national events.

I may love the USA for the New Deal & Civil Rights Act. You might love it for the Iraq War and Donald Trump. It's called freedom. If you tell someone else why and how to love their nation, you are a fascist.

You moron, the flag represents the Constitution. What a fucking idiot... hahahaha... whooosh over your head ...

Libs continue to tear down this nation, piece by piece.

They now have the 'Pledge' & 'In God We Trust' on 'Death Row'.

This is what we were commenting about before, we are all correct and if not stopped the Leftists will have everything that doesn't conform to the Leftist Agenda of absolute degeneracy on Death Row.

Next up for them will be Paedophilia and Bestiality being treated as normal, with Leftists everything healthy and decent is abnormal and everything unnatural and degenerate is normal, hence the LGBT Agenda and the pushing of the Transgender freaks and telling people that 8 year-old little boys want their dicks lopped off and turned into girls.

I'll bet that you are the life of every party, Lucy!

Yes I am, I'm pretty adorable, my party piece is good also, it's always good policy to shoot the lights out with a Glock 17, always a huge hit :smoke:

keep-calm-and-love-glock.png

I have to agree. Our anthem is sucky. So many better songs...I'd nominate This Land is Your Land...

I mean look at the French Anthem - it's stirring!

I don't know, Coyote...it's not the song itself...it's what it stands for! The first time I played hockey in Canada as part of a US travel squad and they lined you up on the blue lines and played the national anthems of both the US and Canada was one of the most exciting moments of my young life. Literally sent chills up and down my spine.

Why do conservatives say the pledge?

The pledge says the flag stands for one nation, indivisible.

Conservatives almost to a person believe that the nation IS divisible, constitutionally, via secession of any state or states.

It is indivisible, with liberty and justice for all. Without liberty and justice, it is divisible. The OP seeks to take away liberty,

That's bullshit.

Conservatives almost to a person believe that the nation IS divisible, constitutionally, via secession of any state or states.

It is indivisible, with liberty and justice for all. Without liberty and justice, it is divisible. The OP seeks to take away liberty,

That's bullshit.

Pull your hoof out, you'll live.

That's bullshit.
The fact remains getting along is way overrated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back