Can we please hear it for our front line heroes?

Has anyone spent any time in a hospital? I had a strange issue arise about 8 years ago where I had to have some blood vessels cut out and removed that had become entangled and were putting pressure on my spinal cord, leading to weakness in my legs. It's a tricky surgery, and can lead to paralysis if not done properly. The surgery didn't cause paralysis, but it left me with a lack of feeling in my right foot and I can no longer run or move with the same dexterity as before (and I was a regular runner before this) so I had to spend around 10 days in the hospital rehabbing after surgery.

I was simply amazed at how friendly and caring everyone was in this hospital, not only the doctors and nurses, but the housekeepers and the food servers, as well. I mean, I was totally stunned. These people all were amazing, and it is a credit to this particular hospital in the people they hire and the way it is managed. When I showed these people gratitude and appreciation for what they were doing for me, they returned it ten fold. I'll always consider these people angels.
I'm forced to go about every 2 1/2 years. They are great.

They're earning an income while others are locked up at home.

That's all I have.
Exactly. Of course he's making this about politics.

We don't have a grocery store in this town, just a Walmart. The checkout clerks are being supplied with masks, gloves, and there's hand sanitizer next to the credit card reader.

But I swear, every time I go through the line, I get stuck with this one woman operating the register: She never wears a mask or gloves, never uses the santitizer, and she is constantly yakking to the customer, telling her life's story.

It makes me shudder to think how many people she might have infected, but luckily our country has only had seven cases and one death so far.
I've avoided Walmart during this "crisis." They've made it very difficult to shop there. I am growing to despise that store, plus they have destroyed a lot of small towns. I give my business to the small local places -- especially now.

I'd love to do that, but the Walmart has put every grocery store out of business here. There's a Piggly Wiggly but that's a 30-mile drive from here. We make a trek over there once a month to get meats and good deals.

I've heard of Piggly Wiggly but we don't have those out west. I've been doing most of my essential shopping out on the Oregon Coast at Safeway and Bi Mart - Avec masque facial

When i was 15 yrs old i was launched by a car, flew 100's of feet, and laid on the cold (negative numbers) ground broken in the road

All i can remember is going in/out , not being able to move, in great pain

and let me tell you, when you THINK you're number is up, one gets mighty needy......regressive in fact...

Two emt's appeared , i had no idea of time......they probably saved my life that night although i never did get their names

You have to understand , in a kids mind thinking this was it, they were GOD

So they managed to keep me alive to the ER, and thanks to modern medicine i'm still here

Then i grew up more, and wanted to be them , after all, who wouldn't in my shoes?

after 30 years service they gave me the gold watch, have a wall of 'ego' (commendations) and all that jazz

But it doesn't mean all that much to me, what means most is that i GAVE BACK, because i OWED

And that my dear friends , is really CAN make American great again

~S~

Last edited:
You know, I usually wear a retired Navy ballcap when I'm out, and there are lots of times that people will walk up and thank me for my service.

I still wear the ballcap, but now when I check out at the grocery or wherever, I try to make it a point to thank the person checking me out, because they are risking their lives just as much (if not more) than I did while serving.

Did that yesterday, and the lady that checked me out got a bit choked up because she said she didn't get thanked very much. And, she said that because I was a service member, my thanks meant a lot to her.

Remember to thank your grocery store workers for their service people. You wouldn't eat if they weren't working.
Workers in super markets, stores of any type, fast food places and restaurants usually do not get atta boys. But they deserve one now.

That little girl sings real nice. So why you gotta thumb down our heroic front line workers and first responders anyway?

when did I thumbs down them???

as for the video I was looking for a rugby HIP HIP HORRAY and this popped up so I posted it,,,

You didn't - As I posted Danny and JGalt did.

I'm not danny or jgalt,,,
so why did you claim I did???

Why do Galt and Danny not wish to honor our heroic frontline workers. You guys SUCK - which is SAD :(

I honored my gun store owner. That isn't enough?

His job is particularly dangerous, with all those people coming in wearing pistols under their coats, and people handling guns and shit. Plus he has to keep all those records for the BATF. They can really shit down your neck if you don't keep up with the paperwork.

That little girl sings real nice. So why you gotta thumb down our heroic front line workers and first responders anyway?

as for the video I was looking for a rugby HIP HIP HORRAY and this popped up so I posted it,,,

Link me please with a #

Link me please with a #

stupid fk, the one he replied to. really are you that fking stupid?

Link me please with a #

its right there in this stream,,,

Forum List

Back