Can win Obama win a debate Against Newt ??

Obama is brilliant

Wow, you can be an empty liberal suit who just parrots generic points and you're "brilliant." Too funny.

Give me an example of something specific Obama has said that impressed you. Not something that every other liberal parrots, something that advanced an issue or provided an insight that impressed you.

Oh, oh. That's a toughie.

Newt: We need to maintain tax cuts for Billionaires

Obama: Smiles

Obama has had 3 years to raise taxes on billionaires.
Instead he passed an increasingly unpopular healthcare bill.
He greatly expanded the deficit and unemployment is still too high.

Correction: increasingly popular. A majority of americans support the individual mandate now.

And actually obama has only had a filibuster proof senate for about 6 months.

And you realize he ran on his healthcare bill right? And you realize that CBO says it will save $200 billion right? And you realize the entire point of the law is to shift the cost of healthcare away from businesses right?

Do you understand the healthcare law at all?

Do you understand the CBO at all? It calculates the erroneous figures that are given to them by those backing the bill.

Correction: increasingly popular. A majority of americans support the individual mandate now.

And you realize he ran on his healthcare bill right? And you realize that CBO says it will save $200 billion right? And you realize the entire point of the law is to shift the cost of healthcare away from businesses right?

Do you understand the CBO at all? It calculates the erroneous figures that are given to them by those backing the bill.

No.

I remember a few months ago on CNN, Bachmann was talking about the healthcare law.

"The CBO says it will cost a billion jobs (or wtfever). Those arent my numbers thats the Congressional Budget Office." Everyone cites the CBO.

The CBO may not be perfect, but its far from some propaganda machine working for president obama.

Last edited:
I think a debate would highlight to the American public exactly why Newt was driven out of politics 12 years ago. Newt is rude, condescending and apt to shoot himself in the foot

The difference in temperament between the two would be enough to sink Newts chances...not to mention Obamas superior grasp of the issues

Actually, Newt has made a comeback because of his solid debate performances.

And I seem to recall Obama being quite rude to Hillary in their debates.

When Obama gets pushed, he reverts into his "Chicago Street Punk" mode where he gets petulant and nasty. Usually he does this when people don't bow down before his feet.

I remember his "bitter clinger" comments about middle class Americans who believe in God.

I remember him throwing his elderly grandmother under the bus because someone called him on the hateful bile coming out of his church.

So, no, I don't think it's going to be one-sided...

No doubt Obama can mix it up when he has to. Just look at his speech this week on his foreign policy. Obama can also be charming, academic and humorous

Newt is just Newt. Surly and condescending

It will not bode well with the American public at large

Obama I'm sure is a great eloquent speaker, but the people are looking for someone who will do more than simply read off a teleprompter, but actually stand up and do something to lead. All this President has done was look to someone to hand off responsibility to get a certain task done, while he engages the American people with more "talk". People are looking for action. You can site a do nothing Congress, but a do nothing President who hasn't proven himself in 3 YEARS that he can lead or take a STAND on a difficult position (like the Keystone Pipeline) only magnifies how much of a failure this administration has been.

The voters in this next election are going to have to choose between "speeches", or a new President that's not afraid to actually DO something to get jobs into the hands of the American people.

Newt Gingrich, while speaker of the house, of then President Bill Clinton:

"I melt when I'm around him"

Remember when McCain was saying crazy things about Obamas proposed healthcare overhaul and obama just shot him down? And McCain just looked like he didnt know what to do?

Thats whats about to happen on a massive scale. Newt Gingrich seems awesome when hes standing on a stage discussing a strange notion of reality with a group of morons, but in the real world newt gingrich is not the smart man he thinks he is.

Lets use mirrors in space to light our highways at night.

Or mine helium-3 on the moon, with permanent human colonies.

These are newt's big ideas.

Are you serious? Bring Newt Gingrich on. Obama is a lawyer, debating is what he does. Gingrich is a fat idiot.

Sounds like an excellent idea.

Lol well maybe you can pay for that but i think my money can go to better things. Like roads. And schools.

Obama is a lawyer, debating is what he does.

He's a lawyer? Did he win any big cases? Write any important opinions?
Write any scholarly articles?

He was a civil attorney for a law firm in chicago, so he wouldnt be arguing cases you would hear about.

But he was a distinguished lecturer of constitutional law at UC for years, while also he served as a state senator.

Maybe you could link to a few of his good ones?

Your a massive idiot.

Yea hes just a distinguished lecturer at UC, graduated magna cum laude from Harvard, and was appointed the first black president of harvard law review.

Newt doesnt have shit.

You certainly dont have shit, you little internet troll.[/QUOTE]

Yea hes just a distinguished lecturer at UC,

Kinda like a substitute professor.

graduated magna cum laude from Harvard,

Wow! He sounds smart! What were his grades?

and was appointed the first black president of harvard law review.

Cool! He must have written some really impressive articles. Seen any?

Actually, Newt has made a comeback because of his solid debate performances.

And I seem to recall Obama being quite rude to Hillary in their debates.

When Obama gets pushed, he reverts into his "Chicago Street Punk" mode where he gets petulant and nasty. Usually he does this when people don't bow down before his feet.

I remember his "bitter clinger" comments about middle class Americans who believe in God.

I remember him throwing his elderly grandmother under the bus because someone called him on the hateful bile coming out of his church.

So, no, I don't think it's going to be one-sided...

No doubt Obama can mix it up when he has to. Just look at his speech this week on his foreign policy. Obama can also be charming, academic and humorous

Newt is just Newt. Surly and condescending

It will not bode well with the American public at large

Obama I'm sure is a great eloquent speaker, but the people are looking for someone who will do more than simply read off a teleprompter, but actually stand up and do something to lead. All this President has done was look to someone to hand off responsibility to get a certain task done, while he engages the American people with more "talk". People are looking for action. You can site a do nothing Congress, but a do nothing President who hasn't proven himself in 3 YEARS that he can lead or take a STAND on a difficult position (like the Keystone Pipeline) only magnifies how much of a failure this administration has been.

The voters in this next election are going to have to choose between "speeches", or a new President that's not afraid to actually DO something to get jobs into the hands of the American people.

Blah blah blah.

Its all rhetorical nonsense. "We need a leader" is like the clarion call of the republican party today.

Its nonsense. Its a myth created by the determination of republican legislators to hold up all progress. We live in a democracy, the president cannot just do whatever he wants. If you have republicans in congress just holding up all progress, he cant exactly lead. Especially when hes crucified as a tyrant whenever he tries to exercise leadership and bypass an inept congress.

Its ok though, your going to have to deal with him until 2016.

Lol i love when people harp on obama for using a teleprompter. Its hilarious. Bush read off note cards and palin wrote on her hand. Your a bunch of fools.

Sooo, you ask a question - and then answer it...

Obama is brilliant; he's the incumbent - and he has inside knowledge that Newt isn't privy to...

So, yes, I would expect Obama to win a debate against Newt.

One of the most Ironic things about his presidency, is the amount of information Bush was privy to, that Obama wasn't. So many of those heavily criticized policies, still in effect, huh.... proving the Obama Platform was based on misinformation, lies, and incompetence.

:eusa_shhh: :eusa_shhh: :eusa_shhh: :eusa_shhh: :eusa_shhh:

Don't tell Anyone!!! ;)

That's why Obama chose his political views, green corporations like Solyndra, over sound financial advice. Obama is not afraid to throw away taxpayer dollars. This President can do his fair share of "spending" on his political experiment mistakes, as long as the rich are pushed to do THEIR fair share and clean up this administration's financial mess with the National Debt.

cobirch2 said:

Sounds like an excellent idea.

Lol well maybe you can pay for that but i think my money can go to better things. Like roads. And schools.

He was a civil attorney for a law firm in chicago, so he wouldnt be arguing cases you would hear about.

But he was a distinguished lecturer of constitutional law at UC for years, while also he served as a state senator.

Maybe you could link to a few of his good ones?

Your a massive idiot.

Yea hes just a distinguished lecturer at UC, graduated magna cum laude from Harvard, and was appointed the first black president of harvard law review.

Newt doesnt have shit.

You certainly dont have shit, you little internet troll.

No actually quite the opposite. He was a Senior Lecturer, one of just 7. Do you know what that means? The dean of the law school was a senior lecturer as well, along with Judge Richard Posner, one of the most respected legal minds in the world.

Senior lecturer is a title they give to someone that doesnt have the time or desire to be a full time professor. Obama was elected to the state senate the same year he became Senior Lecturer, he couldnt exactly just be a full time teacher.

UC Law School Statement: The title of Senior Lecturer is distinct from the title of Lecturer, which signifies adjunct status. Like Obama, each of the Law School’s Senior Lecturers have high-demand careers in politics or public service, which prevent full-time teaching. Several times during his 12 years as a professor in the Law School, Obama was invited to join the faculty in a full-time tenure-track position, but he declined.

FactCheck.org : Obama a Constitutional Law Professor?

Does it matter? You dont graduate magna cum laude with bad grades. Magna cum laude is pretty much the definition of having received good grades.

Lol your so condescending for someone thats so stupid.

Last edited:
Newt: We need to maintain tax cuts for Billionaires

Obama: Smiles

No, increasingly unpopular.
How long did Bush have a filibuster proof senate? He still managed to get things done.
What was the CBO estimate for Medicare? What was reality?

cobirch2 said:
Your a massive idiot.

Newt doesnt have shit.

You certainly dont have shit, you little internet troll.

No actually quite the opposite. He was a Senior Lecturer, one of just 7. Do you know what that means? The dean of the law school was a senior lecturer as well, along with Judge Richard Posner, one of the most respected legal minds in the world.

Senior lecturer is a title they give to someone that doesnt have the time or desire to be a full time professor. Obama was elected to the state senate the same year he became Senior Lecturer, he couldnt exactly just be a full time teacher.

UC Law School Statement: The title of Senior Lecturer is distinct from the title of Lecturer, which signifies adjunct status. Like Obama, each of the Law School’s Senior Lecturers have high-demand careers in politics or public service, which prevent full-time teaching. Several times during his 12 years as a professor in the Law School, Obama was invited to join the faculty in a full-time tenure-track position, but he declined.

Does it matter? You dont graduate magna cum laude with bad grades. Magna cum laude is pretty much the definition of having received good grades.

Does this mean you can't show any of his articles? I am shocked.

No, increasingly popular:

Poll: Voters Like Much of Health Care Law -- But Not the Individual Mandate - Washington Wire - WSJ

1. The law is still unpopular but not as disliked as it was in October. In the latest tracking poll, 44% of voters held an unfavorable opinion of it compared with 51% who said in October that they viewed it unfavorably.

3. Even though there are more voters who don’t like the law than voters who do, some 50% want to keep it, and only 38% definitely know they want to repeal it.

4. Almost every individual element in the package is popular with a majority of the public, especially the requirements that insurers provide easy-to-understand plan summaries (84% like that) and provide coverage to people regardless of their medical histories (67% like that). Even increasing the payroll tax on higher-income earners to help fund Medicare is acceptable to more than half of the respondents.

Idk, maybe the WSJ is a liberal paper now...

How long did Bush have a filibuster proof senate? He still managed to get things done.

Thanks for pointing this out.

It just goes to show how conservatives will hold up all progress for the sake of politics while democrats will compromise so that the government actually functions.

Graph please.

Sooo, you ask a question - and then answer it...

Obama is brilliant; he's the incumbent - and he has inside knowledge that Newt isn't privy to...

So, yes, I would expect Obama to win a debate against Newt.

There's nothing brilliant about a reader.

If Obama starts telling lies and Newt catches him in the lie and exposes him he won't be able to lie his way out of it convincingly.

The way he held his own against McCain was by knowing the questions ahead of time and having prepared answers ready for it. McCain ether didn't know how to respond or he refused to.

Oh yes....same old "Obama can't speak without a telepromter" nonsense

Obama trounced McCain regardless of the debate format. There were no telepromters for either side. Candidates did not know the questions in advance, but Obama was prepared.

He will also be prepared to discuss Newts proposed policies and what they would mean to the American people

All Newt has to do is look at the camera and say how many of you are enjoying Obama's Hope and Change when you get together at the dinner table? Are you able to make the income you used to? Do you have a steady job? Are you able to do more than just "get by" with your bills? If the answer to any of these questions is no, are you prepared to go through 4 more years of the same policies by this man? Is THIS today, the promise of hope and change that you wanted for you and your family? Newt can deliver, and Obama would be forced to see his record front and center on the minds of the American people.

Last edited:

Does this mean you can't show any of his articles? I am shocked.

Thats your only argument?

Obama is an idiot because i dont have a copy of the harvard law review right next to me?

Wow. Debating with you is fun.

There's nothing brilliant about a reader.

If Obama starts telling lies and Newt catches him in the lie and exposes him he won't be able to lie his way out of it convincingly.

The way he held his own against McCain was by knowing the questions ahead of time and having prepared answers ready for it. McCain ether didn't know how to respond or he refused to.

Oh yes....same old "Obama can't speak without a telepromter" nonsense

Obama trounced McCain regardless of the debate format. There were no telepromters for either side. Candidates did not know the questions in advance, but Obama was prepared.

He will also be prepared to discuss Newts proposed policies and what they would mean to the American people

All Newt has to do is look at the camera and say how many of you are enjoying Obama's Hope and Change when you get together at the diner table? Are you able to make the income you used to? Do you have a steady job? Are you able to do more than just "get by" with your bills? If the answer to any of these questions is no, are you prepared to go through 4 more years of the same policies by this man? Is THIS today, the promise of hope and change that you wanted for you and your family?

While you want that to be the message, it hardly will.

Obama has not lowered income at all. Bush has done that. Obama has made a great deal of progress fixing it.

No, increasingly popular:

Poll: Voters Like Much of Health Care Law -- But Not the Individual Mandate - Washington Wire - WSJ

1. The law is still unpopular but not as disliked as it was in October. In the latest tracking poll, 44% of voters held an unfavorable opinion of it compared with 51% who said in October that they viewed it unfavorably.

3. Even though there are more voters who don’t like the law than voters who do, some 50% want to keep it, and only 38% definitely know they want to repeal it.

4. Almost every individual element in the package is popular with a majority of the public, especially the requirements that insurers provide easy-to-understand plan summaries (84% like that) and provide coverage to people regardless of their medical histories (67% like that). Even increasing the payroll tax on higher-income earners to help fund Medicare is acceptable to more than half of the respondents.

Idk, maybe the WSJ is a liberal paper now...

Thanks for pointing this out.

It just goes to show how conservatives will hold up all progress for the sake of politics while democrats will compromise so that the government actually functions.

Graph please.

Even though there are more voters who don’t like the law than voters who do

Thanks. That's perfect.

Newt will lose the debate and lose the election. The identity of his new mistress will come out the week he wins the nomination. Do you really think he changed his ways. This is the same scenario, by his own admission, that caused his to cheat on him 2nd wife, with Cruella. Patriotism, long nights with staff and hectic times.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back