Canada Goes Soviet

as the planet goes crazy. DeBlasio is pushing for similar legislation for NYC.

Canadians Could Face Hate Crimes Over Using The Wrong Gender Pronouns
Did you read past the headline? Are you sure the Daily Caller isn't misrepresenting the law?

Here's the bill. Read it yourself.

Bill C-16 | openparliament.ca
Well here is the actual text. Which I did read.
C-16 (42-1) - Third Reading - An Act to amend the Canadian Human Rights Act and the Criminal Code - Parliament of Canada

Dupe, are you sure the Daily Caller isn't misrepresenting the law?

as the planet goes crazy. DeBlasio is pushing for similar legislation for NYC.

Canadians Could Face Hate Crimes Over Using The Wrong Gender Pronouns
Did you read past the headline? Are you sure the Daily Caller isn't misrepresenting the law?

Here's the bill. Read it yourself.

Bill C-16 | openparliament.ca
Well here is the actual text. Which I did read.
C-16 (42-1) - Third Reading - An Act to amend the Canadian Human Rights Act and the Criminal Code - Parliament of Canada

Dupe, are you sure the Daily Caller isn't misrepresenting the law?

"This enactment amends the Canadian Human Rights Act to add gender identity and gender expression to the list of prohibited grounds of discrimination.
The enactment also amends the Criminal Code to extend the protection against hate propaganda set out in that Act to any section of the public that is distinguished by gender identity or expression and to clearly set out that evidence that an offence was motivated by bias, prejudice or hate based on gender identity or expression constitutes an aggravating circumstance that a court must take into consideration when it imposes a sentence."

I do not personally buy into such fantastical identities or expressions, and since such identity or expression is completely fantastical and subjective in nature I can be no more biased, prejudiced or hateful toward it than I can be of someone who claims to be Napoleon or a Rainbow Pony, nor can I be forced to speak in a manner than lends credence to such fantasy.

Sex is determined by chromosomes. Gender is a facet of certain languages. The term has been adopted to classify certain subjective fantasies for the benefit of the further political division of citizens into unconstitutional "protected classes".

Good for Canada...Hopefully protections come here to America for innocent people. No one should be abused and treated like shit.

“All Canadians should feel #FreeToBeMe.”

Right, all Canadians, except those that don't agree with this PC crap, now the gender deviates will rule the roost and all others will have their rights stepped on, fear words, be themselves abused and treated like shit, hunted down, prosecuted and have their lives ruined. Such laws start out with good intentions but always end up as just a way for one group to abuse another. Maybe a better solution would be for people to just grow up all the way around and learn that life is not fair and they should not fear words?

nor can I be forced to speak in a manner than lends credence to such fantasy.
You are not being forced to use any specific language. Why does everyone exhibit a tendency to feeling persecuted? Snowflakes as far as the eye can see.

You are not being forced to use any specific language.

Of course I am not. I'm American.

If one must omit acceptable terms for sex designations in favor of approved ones in fear of legal consequences, that indeed constitutes force to use specific language.

You are not being forced to use any specific language.

Of course I am not. I'm American.

If one must omit acceptable terms for sex designations in favor of approved ones in fear of legal consequences, that indeed constitutes force to use specific language.
There are no legal consequences from using terminology. The law sets up no legal description of any such terminology to be considered illegal.

Didn't the US already enact this same legislation?

The is how looney the left has become. There's a reason why they've lost thousands of seats over the last 7 years.
It's not loony... not in the slightest.

It's dictatorial.

Which is one helluva lot more alarming.

Leftists showing their true colors.

If the damned thing passes and becomes law, I hope it triggers a Reaction of EPIC proportions on the part of normal, decent folk.

Strange how the hypocrite left tries to ridicule people for being "anti-science" when they question the theory of global warming while at the same time acknowledging transgender freakazoids as the gender they choose when DNA does not change even though they pay someone to mutilate their bodies.

Forum List

Back