Canadian oil cross USA to go to China?

Not all of it will go to the world market. But I totally find it contradicting to American first. Especially since the American land owners don't want it. But hey, we love foreign companies to dictate our citizenry!

Most of the landowners had not an issue with the pipeline. They get huge sums of $$$ and the restoration work is exquisite. You wouldn't even know the pipeline is under the ground. Trans Canada really puts their money where their mouth is.
Because that's why trans Canada has hundreds of filings in the court system?

Why not? Why should the Anglosphere be miserly with our massive oil reserves while we let Sand monkeys have all the Ferraris?

Where is America First in all this?

16114495_1668161913194780_1864401757396680976_n.png

You need to get up to speed. Crude has been flowing to the Gulf for a number of years now. XL is just a branch that will pick up US crude from the Bakkens to get it to market.
The Bakkens already have a market for their crude, they ship it east or west, whatever refinery has the best price for them when they buy it....and it serves the need on both coasts....shipping it all the way down to Texas via a pipeline to be refined down there, only for it to be shipped back up to their region for its use is a wasted action.

Not all of it will go to the world market. But I totally find it contradicting to American first. Especially since the American land owners don't want it. But hey, we love foreign companies to dictate our citizenry!

Most of the landowners had not an issue with the pipeline. They get huge sums of $$$ and the restoration work is exquisite. You wouldn't even know the pipeline is under the ground. Trans Canada really puts their money where their mouth is.

Take a look at a map. The Keystone pipeline is built to the Gulf. Oil has been flowing sine 2013. January I believe. This tiny stretch of land picks up US oil out of the Bakken oil fields in the Dakotas.

XL had been approved for years. Obama just kept it from being built. It's really that simple.

You need to get up to speed. Crude has been flowing to the Gulf for a number of years now. XL is just a branch that will pick up US crude from the Bakkens to get it to market.
The Bakkens already have a market for their crude, they ship it east or west, whatever refinery has the best price for them when they buy it....and it serves the need on both coasts....shipping it all the way down to Texas via a pipeline, only for it to be shipped back up to their region is a wasted action.

You sound like a clueless retard. Per usual.

Take a look at a map. The Keystone pipeline is built to the Gulf. Oil has been flowing sine 2013. January I believe. This tiny stretch of land picks up US oil out of the Bakken oil fields in the Dakotas.

XL had been approved for years. Obama just kept it from being built. It's really that simple.
I know. But that has no bearing on my opinion.

The Bakkens already have a market for their crude, they ship it east or west, whatever refinery has the best price for them when they buy it....and it serves the need on both coasts....shipping it all the way down to Texas via a pipeline to be refined down there, only for it to be shipped back up to their region for its use is a wasted action.

And the XL will make it easier for them to get it to market. Really that simple.

Bakken Marketlink Project

In the fall of 2010, TransCanada went to the market with a proposal to move Bakken crude oil production by constructing a receipt facility at Baker, Montana. The open season was successful, allowing TransCanada to sign firm term contracts for 65,000 bpd of crude oil transportation from the Bakken to key U.S. refining markets.

The Bakken Marketlink project will provide receipt facilities to transport up to 100,000 bpd of crude oil from the Williston Basin producing region in North Dakota and Montana, to Cushing, Oklahoma and the U.S. Gulf Coast using facilities that make up part of the Keystone Gulf Coast Expansion Project (Keystone XL).

TransCanada intends to proceed with the necessary regulatory applications for approvals to construct and operate the required facilities and to provide transportation services.
Keystone XL and the Bakken Marketlink Project are expected to be in service two years following the receipt of the Presidential Permit.

Bakken Marketlink Project

Forum List

Back