Cancel Me Harder, Baby. Jason Aldean‘s Shoots to #1

But perhaps what’s raised the most eyebrows is the location where the video was the shot: the Maury County Courthouse in Columbia, Tenn. In 1927, 18-year-old Henry Choate was famously lynched at the courthouse, his body hanged off the balcony after he was accused of assaulting a white girl who never identified him. The building also played a part in the “Columbia race riot” of 1946.

Yea…Try THAT in a Small Town
1927! Wow that's raw in everyone's memory.

Soon the nwo will attack the dollar as a symbol of white supremacy. Get your crypto while you can.
Well...there is some racism that leftist love.

They support racism against whites and asians. Look at how enraged they became when state sanctions racist affirmative action was overturned by the Supreme Court.

That weak talking point was already covered.

Aldean didn't choose the location...the production company did. The location had been used SEVERAL times before due to it's aesthetics and proximity to Nashville.

Not even a good try.

Do no pass Go...do not collect $200.

Patiently await future instructions from your pro-crime handlers.

Oh, I get it
They couldn’t find a small Southern Town that didn’t have a lynching.

Try that in a Small Town

"X-Is Coming"​

DMX
"Man, if we was up north, niggas would have been fucked you/But then we in the streets, niggas should haven been stuck you/Plucked you like a chicken wit' your head cut off/They'll find you wit' your back open and your legs cut off/And as for your man, don't you ever in your mothafuckin' life/Know when I gotta gun come at me wit' a knife, a'ight?/And forgetting you ever saw me is the best thing to do/Don't give a fuck about your family, they'll be resting with you

"Straight Outta Compton"​

Ice Cube
"Going off on the motherfucker like that/With a gat that's pointed at your ass/So give it up smooth/Ain't no telling when I'm down for a jack move/Here's a murder rap to keep y'all dancing/With a crime record like Charles Manson/AK-47 is the tool/Don't make me act a motherfucking fool"

"Ex-Girlfriend"​

Esham
"I used to love her, too bad I had to put a slug through her/Dumped her body in the trash like I never knew her/Blood runnin down the gutter into the sewer/Her body stunk for weeks like horse manure"

"Danger Zone"​

Big L
"L's the nigga that crime follows/I'm hittin' fine models and stabbin' punks with broken wine bottles/I beat chumps til they head splits, then break em like bread sticks/I sex chicks, I'll even fuck a dead bitch"

"Shoot 'Em Up"​

Nas
"One 44, two 45's/Three loaded clips, four niggas roll, one nigga drives/500 Benz, six reasons why this kid should die/We shooting every mothafucka outside/Pulled on his block, jumped out the car/Guns in our hand, at the same time everybody ran/There that nigga go, hiding in the crowd/Let the trigger blow, seven shots now he lying on the ground"

"Serial Killa"​

Snoop Dogg Featuring Daz Dillinger, RBX and Kurupt
"Half steppin with your weapon on safety/Now break yourself motherfucker, 'fore you make me/Take this 211 to another level/I come up with your ends, you go down with the devil/Now roam through the depths of hell/Where the rest your busta ass homeboys dwell"

"Murder for Fun"​

Gucci Mane
"Man I murder fo' fun but my job is never done/From morning morn' to the setting of the sun/Bad men come come, come get murdered for fun/The hundred round drum in my tommy gun/Be a cat in the Hum' I'll cut out your tongue/Me and Ox, man we murder fo' fun/Talk talk bad man, come get murdered fo' fun/The Gucci Mane, man I murder fo' fun"

The usual suspects and their allies in the mainstream media once again have attempted to set a false narrative that thanks to the freedom of the internet had blown up in their collective faces.

Attempting to paint anti-crime song highlighting the strength of tight knit communities as somehow racist and violent the left has proven that they are complete out of touch with the regular Americans.

Instead of the left's intended outcome of cancelling the artist and song...the tune and it's message has resonated with Americans of all races, creeds and colors...propelling it to number one ...

(NewsNation) — Country music singer Jason Aldean’s new song has topped the U.S. iTunes chart, despite its controversial lyrics and music video.

“Try That In A Small Town” hit the #1 spot on iTunes for songs in the U.S. Billboard Charts tweeted Wednesday. As of Thursday morning, it’s currently in the Top 15 of the Top 100: USA list.

(Strike out provided as a form of commentary by OP. There is nothing controversial about opposition to crime, assault, carjacking and arson.)
Sad indicator.

Oh, I get it
They couldn’t find a small Southern Town that didn’t have a lynching.

Try that in a Small Town
I suspect every town has had a lynching at one time or another.

Your racism is showing again believing only one race can be or has been the victim.

"Nearly 3,500 African Americans and 1,300 whites were lynched in the United States between 1882 and 1968."

But that is beside the point.

The song isn't about lynching...it pertains to criminal behavior.

Carjacking, assault, arson.

This BS about the venue is nothing but a search for anything to attack the message with.

Last edited:

"X-Is Coming"​

DMX
"Man, if we was up north, niggas would have been fucked you/But then we in the streets, niggas should haven been stuck you/Plucked you like a chicken wit' your head cut off/They'll find you wit' your back open and your legs cut off/And as for your man, don't you ever in your mothafuckin' life/Know when I gotta gun come at me wit' a knife, a'ight?/And forgetting you ever saw me is the best thing to do/Don't give a fuck about your family, they'll be resting with you

"Straight Outta Compton"​

Ice Cube
"Going off on the motherfucker like that/With a gat that's pointed at your ass/So give it up smooth/Ain't no telling when I'm down for a jack move/Here's a murder rap to keep y'all dancing/With a crime record like Charles Manson/AK-47 is the tool/Don't make me act a motherfucking fool"

"Ex-Girlfriend"​

Esham
"I used to love her, too bad I had to put a slug through her/Dumped her body in the trash like I never knew her/Blood runnin down the gutter into the sewer/Her body stunk for weeks like horse manure"

"Danger Zone"​

Big L
"L's the nigga that crime follows/I'm hittin' fine models and stabbin' punks with broken wine bottles/I beat chumps til they head splits, then break em like bread sticks/I sex chicks, I'll even fuck a dead bitch"

"Shoot 'Em Up"​

Nas
"One 44, two 45's/Three loaded clips, four niggas roll, one nigga drives/500 Benz, six reasons why this kid should die/We shooting every mothafucka outside/Pulled on his block, jumped out the car/Guns in our hand, at the same time everybody ran/There that nigga go, hiding in the crowd/Let the trigger blow, seven shots now he lying on the ground"

"Serial Killa"​

Snoop Dogg Featuring Daz Dillinger, RBX and Kurupt
"Half steppin with your weapon on safety/Now break yourself motherfucker, 'fore you make me/Take this 211 to another level/I come up with your ends, you go down with the devil/Now roam through the depths of hell/Where the rest your busta ass homeboys dwell"

"Murder for Fun"​

Gucci Mane
"Man I murder fo' fun but my job is never done/From morning morn' to the setting of the sun/Bad men come come, come get murdered for fun/The hundred round drum in my tommy gun/Be a cat in the Hum' I'll cut out your tongue/Me and Ox, man we murder fo' fun/Talk talk bad man, come get murdered fo' fun/The Gucci Mane, man I murder fo' fun"
Democrats have plenty of anti American songs. It's time Americans put out anti democrat songs.

I read the lyrics that were posted. Nothing to put me in a petulant frenzy. It's almost as if Tipper Gore exploded into millions of people. Jason is a top notch singer, the band plays extremely well, and only the chorus will be memorable to his fans, 'cause it's catchy.

Try this in a small town

The mob, some 250 men,opened the jail, got Choate out, and someone hit him with a hammer on the head, killing him. They then tied him to a truck and dragged him through the streets, and up into the courthouse.There he was hanged, from the second story of the County Courthouse in Columbia, which was still decorated for Armistice Day

I suspect every town has had a lynching at one time or another.

I live in a small town of 1500 people, we have never had a lynching.

It is ironic that in choosing to sing about the virtues of small town America, Aldean chose to sing in front of a courthouse which proudly displayed the body of a lynched black teen

Try this in a small town

The mob, some 250 men,opened the jail, got Choate out, and someone hit him with a hammer on the head, killing him. They then tied him to a truck and dragged him through the streets, and up into the courthouse.There he was hanged, from the second story of the County Courthouse in Columbia, which was still decorated for Armistice Day

These guys might.

OIP.xpkrcoSoixHdPFBjNQ3EMgHaFJ

Well, the molotov cocktail scene is stock footage of something filmed in Bulgaria.

The person giving a middle finger to police is happening somewhere in Germany, since the police helmets with duck tails are clearly not American, and the woman's bag has a German saying.

That was easy. You claimed it's all from media coverage. That is absolutely not true.

This is where you now backpedal. Tell us that since it was supposedly true somewhere else, it was okay to use fake video. Meanwhile, I'll point out you're being manipulated by hysterical propaganda.

Well, the video says it's good to shoot people if you see them burning the flag. That's regarded as most people as not being true.
Did he say it was in America? No. Media coverage is media coverage regardless of where the coverage is. But just for grins and giggles, let's see you evidence that the clips are in foreign countries. Or did you just make that up?

A music video by country star Jason Aldean has drawn widespread attention in part for featuring a Tennessee courthouse that is known as the site of a heinous lynching that happened a century ago.

Released on YouTube on Friday, the video for the song, “Try That in a Small Town,” features Aldean and his band performing in front of the Maury County Courthouse in Columbia, the same site where a Black teenager was lynched in 1927.

Forum List

Back