Cancel Me Harder, Baby. Jason Aldean‘s Shoots to #1

Lets be honest here

Aldean wrote a song about how great his small towns are compared to those big city folk.
He could have picked a town like Mayberry and instead highlighted a location of a horrendous lynching of a black teen.

He had it coming.

One man a century ago and you're furious.

Five were killed last weekend in Chicago...and you don't give a fuck.

Find some outrage for the killings you can do something about. You know...the ones occuring in the cities you're so proud of...the one's happening in the time after the last Model T Ford rolled off the assembly line.

I am sure that Aldean meant well…
His country song hits all the right buttons of patriotism and the virtues of small town life.

But if you are going to make a condescending song about how superior small town values are to those big city folks, you REALLY need to do your homework.
I am sure whoever suggested that location got a good ole country boy ass chewing.

To sing your #1 hit in front of a courthouse that was the site of a terrorist lynching does not say much for those small town values you are bragging about.
Or perhaps they did it intentionally to trigger snowflakes.
Or perhaps they chose it because it's popular with production companies as it's less than hour outside Nashville.

One man a century ago and you're furious.

Five were killed last weekend in Chicago...and you don't give a fuck.

Find some outrage for the killings you can do something about. You know...the ones occuring in the cities you're so proud of...the one's happening in the time after the last Model T Ford rolled off the assembly line.

If you filmed a music video about how great Chicago is compared to small towns and chose the site of the Saint Valentines Day Massacre……I would still mock you

If you filmed a music video about how great Chicago is compared to small towns and chose the site of the Saint Valentines Day Massacre……I would still mock you
perhaps Madonna is available? The narcan should have worked by now.....~S~

BFD.

It's a song.

Read the lyrics to many Country songs over the years and it's murder, infidelity, drinking, etc.

Big Fucking Deal.
Aldean is one of those guys, also like Jon Rich of Big and Rich, who have intentionally injected Politics into their songs or their message.
And you know what, I don't fucking care.
It's music.

And here's your problem.

Do you think the St. Valentines Day Massacre is any indication of anything or anyone that pertains to Chicago today?

Would you paint Chicagoan's today based on a crime that happened before they were born at a site that none of them would recognize as significant?

They would lambast you the way I am lambasting you...as someone desperately searching for an angle to attack them.

Surely you see that.

And here's your problem.

Do you think the St. Valentines Day Massacre is any indication of the anything or anyone that pertains to Chicago today?

Would you paint Chicagoan's today based on a crime that happened before they were born at a site that none of them would recognize as significant?

They would lambast you the way I am lambasting you...as someone desperately searching for an angle to attack them.

Surely you see that.

It is still the site of an infamous murder in Chicago
Just like that Courthouse is infamous for displaying a mutilated murdered black teenager

Why not do a video about how great Dallas is compared to small towns and film at the Texas Schoolbook Depository?

The small towns and the country are not crime free.
duh-S.gif

Just like that Courthouse is infamous for displaying a mutilated murdered black teenager

Why not do a video about how great Dallas is compared to small towns and film at the Texas Schoolbook Depository?

Once again, I don't care.
Let the right wing supporter ask Aldean directly, "Why did you choose this site in filming this video."

It's a fair question, let Aldean Answer, I'd love to hear his answer.

One hundred years ago.

If this was a current event, I'd see your point. But MANY have used this site as a backdrop for production and no one cared.

It's nothing but a convenient vector of attack on a anti-crime, pro-police message.

Because LEFTIST ARE PRO-CRIME...pro-criminal, anti-police and anti-small town America.

If they put it in front of Harper's Ferry, you'd find a different angle to attack it from.

You're fooling no one.

Once again, I don't care.
Let the right wing supporter ask Aldean directly, "Why did you choose this site in filming this video."

It's a fair question, let Aldean Answer, I'd love to hear his answer.
The production company Tacklebox Entertainment chose the venue.

It has been used as a backdrop for many filming locations and the production company knew they wouldn't have issues permitting and getting the co-operation of city officials and police.

The production company Tacklebox Entertainment chose the venue.

It has been used as a backdrop for many filming locations and the production company knew they wouldn't have issues permitting and getting the co-operation of city officials and police.
You've really done the research on this?
Why not let Aldean answer, he is in charge, right?

You've really done the research on this?
Why not let Aldean answer, he is in charge, right?
Yes...I posted it with a link in post #194.

Tanya Tucker, Milley Cyrus and the Hallmark channel have used that courthouse as a backdrop to video productions as recently as last year.

Aldean has also addressed it multiple times.

Nuanced where the mob threatened to dynamite the jailhouse if she didn’t open it up?
Nuanced where they dragged the teens body through the streets behind a truck?
Nuanced where the citizens of Columbia proudly displayed their handiwork by hanging him from the County Courthouse for all to see?

Nuanced where Aldean chose this location to sing about the virtues of small town life?
hAVE a cold queer beer and relax.....stop living in the past....put away your muzzle loader and horse and buggy.....

I am sure that Aldean meant well…
His country song hits all the right buttons of patriotism and the virtues of small town life.

But if you are going to make a condescending song about how superior small town values are to those big city folks, you REALLY need to do your homework.
I am sure whoever suggested that location got a good ole country boy ass chewing.

To sing your #1 hit in front of a courthouse that was the site of a terrorist lynching does not say much for those small town values you are bragging about.
and nobody can explain why so many yankees and blue staters are living in middle tennessee...wow talk about an exodus

Lets be honest here

Aldean wrote a song about how great his small towns are compared to those big city folk.
He could have picked a town like Mayberry and instead highlighted a location of a horrendous lynching of a black teen.

He had it coming.
black kids get gunned down by the hundreds every year in big blue utopias like LA and New York....weird how you dont mind that but focus on something that happened a hundred years ago....kinda bizarre how libs think...you do think dont you

Forum List

Back