🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Cannot ever be a state.... Washington DC

So, I'm curious, the constitution says the seat of government, Washington DC was to be 10 miles Square. How then, did it become 68 miles square?

So, I'm curious, the constitution says the seat of government, Washington DC was to be 10 miles Square. How then, did it become 68 miles square?
No idea.

Edit: My first guess... Stupidity.

Hey fine, we'll split WA and OR in half and CA into 3 states adding 4 new red states and 8 senators. :muahaha:
You gotta ask. Will D.C. admitted as a state open the flood gates to new states all over the place?

Residents of those states can be represented by Senators and Congressmen. Residents of DC cannot

DC residents pay more Federal Taxes than 22 other states.
Taxation without representation
DC runs on tax dollars, Dumbass. That's where all the gubmint employees are.

Hey fine, we'll split WA and OR in half and CA into 3 states adding 4 new red states and 8 senators. :muahaha:
You gotta ask. Will D.C. admitted as a state open the flood gates to new states all over the place?

Residents of those states can be represented by Senators and Congressmen. Residents of DC cannot

Again... It's 68.34 mi²... That is the mega rich that live there... You want to give them MORE power? As a democrat... That's what you are suggesting?
Our country was built on the idea that those who are paying taxes should have the right to vote for those who designate the taxes.

Taxation without Representation

View attachment 471915
They are paying taxes on incomes paid in taxes, Stupid.

If CA really did split you would have more republican senators as the state is republican except for along the coast. Eastern Washington and Oregon have both wanted to become their own republican states. Washington wants the state of Jefferson. East Oregon would be happy joining Idaho. Split it up. Go ahead. But the communist democrats will stop it.

the constution says so.

opinion piece

But the opinion is true. The constitution prohibits our capitol from being in a state.

The capitol doesn't have to be in the new state. The boundaries for that state can be drawn to exclude the capitol.

Problem solved.
Very true
We have already redefined the boundaries before.

Thank you.

The area with the capitol stays Washington DC.

The new state would get a new name.

the constution says so.

opinion piece

But the opinion is true. The constitution prohibits our capitol from being in a state.

The capitol doesn't have to be in the new state. The boundaries for that state can be drawn to exclude the capitol.

Problem solved.
Very true
We have already redefined the boundaries before.

Thank you.

The area with the capitol stays Washington DC.

The new state would get a new name.
I don't have a problem with that, other than... I doesn't become a new state. It goes back to the state(s) they came from. Or the land used from those states.

the constution says so.

Where in the Constitution does it say that D.C. CAN'T be a state?

The constitution says our nation's capitol can't be in a state.

However as I posted earlier, all they have to do is draw the boundaries around the capitol so it's not in the new state.

the constution says so.

However as I posted earlier, all they have to do is draw the boundaries around the capitol so it's not in the new state.
What is the land area of the capitol grounds? Has to be at least 10 miles square according to the const.

Again... It's 68.34 mi²... That is the mega rich that live there... You want to give them MORE power? As a democrat... That's what you are suggesting?
Our country was built on the idea that those who are paying taxes should have the right to vote for those who designate the taxes.

View attachment 471915

No Shit Sherlock

Why not treat them like Puerto Rico then and exempt them from Federal Taxes because they are denied the vote?

the constution says so.

What is the land area of the capitol grounds? Has to be at least 10 miles square according to the const.
Constitution says no more than 10 miles square

10 miles by 10 miles is 100 sq miles

the constution says so.

opinion piece

Problem solved.

Or just give the parts of DC with people living in them back to Virginia and Maryland.

Virginia took theirs back already

I understand Maryland doesn't want them. No surprise there.

In any event, no.

View attachment 471915

No Shit Sherlock

Why not treat them like Puerto Rico then and exempt them from Federal Taxes because they are denied the vote?
Cool.

Let's exempt them from getting federal taxes too.

Good call!

Forum List

Back