🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Cannot ever be a state.... Washington DC

There's been a movement for a while called "retrocession", to give DC residents representation by ceding the land back to Maryland. Neither the residents of DC nor the people of Maryland want it, so it never goes anywhere.
And that's THEIR choice.
Indeed. But constitutionally, it cannot be made a state.
Absolutely not true. Carve out the populated area and the Constitution is satisfied.

I see you know nothing. Now run along.

There's been a movement for a while called "retrocession", to give DC residents representation by ceding the land back to Maryland. Neither the residents of DC nor the people of Maryland want it, so it never goes anywhere.
And that's THEIR choice.
Indeed. But constitutionally, it cannot be made a state.
Absolutely not true. Carve out the populated area and the Constitution is satisfied.

I see you know nothing. Now run along.
All the Constitution states is that DC must exist. That it can not be a part of a state. That it can not be bigger than 10 sq miles.

Carving out the populated area satisfies all those requirements

Why not just let the land go back to Maryland? That's where it came from, shouldn't Maryland have an option to reclaim the land that was ceded from them? This would also give representation to all those people living there.

Killington vermont wanted to move to New Hampshire, then we realized that everyone was just stoned..

I'd definitely tie making DC a state with the repeal of the 23rd ammendment. Its only 3 electoral votes, but if the district no longer has residents, then it doesn't need electoral votes.

I've read it and I noted what it says. Where does it say something different?

You didn't read it.
So what did I get wrong. Defend your claim

You made the claim.

# 80

"Carve out the populated area and the Constitution is satisfied."

How is the Constitution satisfied?

D.C. first, then Puerto Rico. We'll get to Guam during President Harris' administration, and the Virgin Islands during the Ocasio-Cortez administration.
cocaine-use-300x200.jpg

Has to be done by picture because I am not so sure you can even read. Clearly you are high.

Why not just give it back to Maryland? We all know the answer, you want the senators.

This has nothing to do with giving those people representation, and everything to do with giving the dems 2 more senators, which is why you never really had a big push for it, until now, its also why if dc were to produce 2 republican senators, it wouldn't even be a topic right now.

If it was really about giving them representation, you would be agreeable to letting Maryland reclaim their land, if that's what they wanted to do.
This.

All this bullshit is nothing more than attempting a hostile takeover of government and ensure the right does not regain power. Funny that we have been subjected to 4 years of complaints that Trump was destroying institutions only to be subjected to the left trying to destroy every institution in existence.

You gotta ask. Will D.C. admitted as a state open the flood gates to new states all over the place?

Residents of those states can be represented by Senators and Congressmen. Residents of DC cannot

DC residents pay more Federal Taxes than 22 other states.
Taxation without representation

Then don't live there

You didn't read it.

You made the claim.

# 80

I've already stated what I believe the Constitution says.

Point out where I am wrong.

You didn't read it.

You made the claim.

# 80

I've already stated what I believe the Constitution says.

Point out where I am wrong.

I did.

Hey fine, we'll split WA and OR in half and CA into 3 states adding 4 new red states and 8 senators. :muahaha:
You gotta ask. Will D.C. admitted as a state open the flood gates to new states all over the place?

Residents of those states can be represented by Senators and Congressmen. Residents of DC cannot

DC residents pay more Federal Taxes than 22 other states.
Taxation without representation
What's the Capitol city gonna be?

Forum List

Back