Capitalism is NOT Democratic: Democracy is NOT Capitalist

Almost.
Exploitation of labor in pursuit of accumulating more capital is the primary expression of capitalism.
Disposable-Human-Material.jpg

Notes on Marx’s “General Law of Capitalist Accumulation” | MR Online
Do you believe spouting Communist dogma makes you more credible?

Nobody forces anyone to work for someone else. When employers have difficulties finding workers that is a huge positive.

Do you believe spouting Communist dogma makes you more credible?
Do you believe Ignorance sets you Free?

"Marx knew in the 1860s that 'the absolute' general law of capitalist accumulation could be 'modified in its workings by many circumstances.'

"But in every case, he says, it 'followed that in proportion as capital accumulates, the situation of the worker, be their payment high or low, must grow worse.'

"In our present-day 'neoliberal' context, the economy flourishes through sub-employed and over-employed workers, through contingent and gig economy workers, through zero contract hours workers: from Uber to Deliveroo, Handy to Hermes, Amazon to Adjunct Professors, work is evermore casualised and irregular; and worker benefits seem to diminish by day.

"Toilers here assume that category Marx reckons the general law of capitalist accumulation progressively produces: “a relative surplus population'—or, alternatively, 'an industrial reserve army of labour.'"

"Marx knew in the 1860s that 'the absolute' general law of capitalist accumulation could be 'modified in its workings by many circumstances.'

"But in every case, he says, it 'followed that in proportion as capital accumulates, the situation of the worker, be their payment high or low, must grow worse.'

"In our present-day 'neoliberal' context, the economy flourishes through sub-employed and over-employed workers, through contingent and gig economy workers, through zero contract hours workers: from Uber to Deliveroo, Handy to Hermes, Amazon to Adjunct Professors, work is evermore casualised and irregular; and worker benefits seem to diminish by day.

"Toilers here assume that category Marx reckons the general law of capitalist accumulation progressively produces: “a relative surplus population'—or, alternatively, 'an industrial reserve army of labour.'"
That Marxist baloney is outdated. Today the worker can easily succeed, IF he chooses to.

That Marxist baloney is outdated. Today the worker can easily succeed, IF he chooses to.
US Workers find it much harder today to advance economically compared to the so-called Golden Age of Capitalism from 1945-1980.

Global Social Mobility Index - Wikipedia

"The Global Social Mobility Index is an index prepared by the World Economic Forum in the Global Social Mobility report. The Index measures the intergenerational social mobility in different countries in relation to socioeconomic outcomes. The inaugural index ranked 82 countries."

The US places 27th sandwiched between Lithuania and Spain.

'Debt to equity' is the important figure.

As one gets older debt should decrease and wealth (equity) should increase. Most of the wealth is owned by us oldsters, as it should be.
It sounds like we are both Boomers.

Equality of opportunity (for White males) was much greater 50 to 60 years ago than it is today.

We began working when American capitalism was industrial in nature; today finance capitalism has become dominant by hollowing out the US middle class.

Young people today start their working lives with so much debt that owning a home and starting a family have largely become historical artifacts.

Marx was right:
Karl-Marx-Quotes-20.jpg

How can you "know" something that isn't true? There is no general law of capitalist accumulation.

Knowing stuff that's total horseshit doesn't make you knowledgeable.

Extremist!
But I'm sure he won't succeed. 150 years ago it was proved that the greed of the capitalist is stronger than his sense of self-preservation
FJbwuHFWUAU8lSM

US Workers find it much harder today to advance economically compared to the so-called Golden Age of Capitalism from 1945-1980.

Global Social Mobility Index - Wikipedia

"The Global Social Mobility Index is an index prepared by the World Economic Forum in the Global Social Mobility report. The Index measures the intergenerational social mobility in different countries in relation to socioeconomic outcomes. The inaugural index ranked 82 countries."

The US places 27th sandwiched between Lithuania and Spain.
The siren song of 'get-rich-quick-without-getting-hands-dirty-by-going-to-college' hollowed out the working class allowing immigrants to fill the void. Prior to that Americans did those jobs. Our colleges are filled with kids that have no business being there while jobs they would be successful at are being done by immigrants. This combined with easy credit and expanded student loans have destroyed the future for many.

It sounds like we are both Boomers.

Equality of opportunity (for White males) was much greater 50 to 60 years ago than it is today.

We began working when American capitalism was industrial in nature; today finance capitalism has become dominant by hollowing out the US middle class.

Young people today start their working lives with so much debt that owning a home and starting a family have largely become historical artifacts.
I wasted a lot of money starting out. Kids today are no different. They spend when they should be saving.

I was shocked when I discovered that a classmate of mine in high school, who everyone believed was going on to college, along with his brother bought the apartment building that my brother was living in as well as another next door (that's how I found out). This just a couple of years out of high school. While I, and most of my friends, were struggling to pay rent and make car payments, he and his brother were building a rental real estate business.

Forum List

Back