Car Tabs

I'm seeing a lot of expired tabs on the road.....some 2 yrs in arears. Is it the covid, lack of policing....or something else. If I were a cop could spend all day writing tab tickets.

Here in Pennsylvania, they quit giving out license plate stickers for car registrations a couple of years ago. They still charge you, they just check your license plate number to verify you paid.

I'm seeing a lot of expired tabs on the road.....some 2 yrs in arears. Is it the covid, lack of policing....or something else. If I were a cop could spend all day writing tab tickets.

Here in Pennsylvania, they quit giving out license plate stickers for car registrations a couple of years ago. They still charge you, they just check your license plate number to verify you paid.
What fine a trusting govt.........wonder how many dont? Was this a racism ploy

What could possibly go wrong with that?

Its not that bad. I got stopped by one of the local constabularies while driving my vehicle a few months ago. When the officer came to the window, I had my license/reg/insurance in my hand ready to hand it to him. He responded "don t need to see that, sir. I already checked it on the computer.

In Texas we have a sticker on the lower left windshield with the expiration date, The sticker is also the digital registration number.

In Texas we have a sticker on the lower left windshield with the expiration date, The sticker is also the digital registration number.

In Pennsylvania, that's the location for our state safety inspections conducted each year by private garages.

Those stickers we still have.

In Pennsylvania, that's the location for our state safety inspections conducted each year by private garages.

Those stickers we still have.

Also, the Texas sticker contains safety inspection info besides the registration info.

I hate window stickers. Luckily in Arizona we still have license plate tabs. For me as a driver mine is out of sight, out of mind. As for tabs on other cars, I don't pay attention to them.

Its not that bad. I got stopped by one of the local constabularies while driving my vehicle a few months ago. When the officer came to the window, I had my license/reg/insurance in my hand ready to hand it to him. He responded "don t need to see that, sir. I already checked it on the computer.
Wait until "computers go bad." And they will.

What are car Tabs?
It's a northern thing. Here in Kansas we call 'em stickers and we drink pop, up in the northern US they call 'em tabs and drink soda.

Not true. Western Pennsylvania, as well as in my birthplace of eastern Ohio, we drink pop as well.

Safety inspection.......sounds like a tax scam.......MN briefly had an emissions inspection,
Jesse Ventura ended that crap. One of a few good things that made him bearable as a governor. Couple tax rebates also.

I wonder why Jesse the Body Ventura used his pro wrestling name to run for political office , but Kane Bearer (aka Glen Jacobs) didn't as mayor of Knox County?

Forum List

Back