🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Carson: Confederate flag can fly on private property

why is carson even raising this issue? it's not like anyone is claiming otherwise. typical rightwingnuttery.... make up a non-issue and run with it as if you're taking a stand.

Well, Uncle Tom is worried. Republicans like a self-loathing woman more than a self-loathing black man, it turns out.
Little Joe, why is it radical leftists such as yourself wish to impose your will on others using governmental force? It would appear you prefer government tyranny over individual liberty. Why?

History clearly tells you tyrannical government leads to death, destruction, and terrible human suffering. Why do you ignore history?

Last edited:
no. but they'd have the right to do it, wouldn't they?

Not in Germany, where Stat lives.

In Germany, it is illegal to fly a Swastika flag.

In America, your neighbors would probably get you to take it down, too.

So here's the question- is the Confederate Flag really the moral equivlent of the Swastika. A lot of blacks who aren't Uncle Toms like Ben Carson say, yes.

i thought we were talking about in the united states.

your neighbors might ask you to take it down. and probably if you're part of a community, the homeowners' rules or condo rules or whatever would be something you agreed to when moving in and a swastika would not be allowed. that said, on private property you have a "right" to be as stupid as you'd like. that doesn't mean there are no repercussions for being stupid.

Carson: People can wave the Confederate Flag on private property - CNNPolitics.com

Ben Carson said Tuesday that he has no problem with people flying the Confederate flag -- as long as they do it on private property.

"As a general principle, people can do whatever they want on their private property -- that's one of the basic tenets of freedom in America," Carson said in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. "I am not opposed to anybody doing whatever they want to do on their private property."

I concur with Dr. Carson. What people do on their private property is their business. I don't care, nor do I need to care. Dr. Carson just had a lucid moment, I would say....

Discuss. What do you think?
This isn't a Communist country yet.....

There is republican legislation pending that permits flying the Confederate flag so long as you own slaves. Although there is progress shown in this legislation as slaves can be of all races, nationalities, ages, and sexes. See, who said republicans are backward?

Carson: People can wave the Confederate Flag on private property - CNNPolitics.com

Ben Carson said Tuesday that he has no problem with people flying the Confederate flag -- as long as they do it on private property.

"As a general principle, people can do whatever they want on their private property -- that's one of the basic tenets of freedom in America," Carson said in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. "I am not opposed to anybody doing whatever they want to do on their private property."

I concur with Dr. Carson. What people do on their private property is their business. I don't care, nor do I need to care. Dr. Carson just had a lucid moment, I would say....

As far as I knew, nobody of any standing ever said anything to the contrary.

So if your next door neighbor decided to fly a Swastika Flag on his property, you'd be totally cool with that?
So what would be the next flag you don't like that you want to outlaw? The "Skull and Cross Bones"? The Rainbow Flag?
Maybe some country's flag that you also don't like? Not your property, not your concern.
There are people who do want to control what flag is flown on personal property.

It really is amazing to watch the country unravel like this.

Little Joe, why is it radical leftists such as yourself wish to impose your will on others using governmental force? It would appear you prefer government tyranny over individual liberty. Why?

History clears tells you tyrannical government leads to death, destruction, and terrible human suffering. Why do you ignore history?

Again, you can go back to the LIbertarian Kiddy table, the grownups are talking now.

Frankly, I don't want to live next to some redneck who flies the Confederate Flag. He brings down MY property values by being such an ignorant twit.

So I'd probably complain to the homeowners' association and get him to take it the fuck down.

Because as much as you whine about government, I like living in an orderly society. And so do you. You just don't like making the sacrifices - obeying laws, paying taxes - for it.

Somalia beckons, man. They have no law, no government, lots of guns and lots of crazy religion. You'd be very happy there.

History clears tells you tyrannical government leads to death, destruction, and terrible human suffering. Why do you ignore history?

Again, you can go back to the LIbertarian Kiddy table, the grownups are talking now.

Frankly, I don't want to live next to some redneck who flies the Confederate Flag. He brings down MY property values by being such an ignorant twit.

So I'd probably complain to the homeowners' association and get him to take it the fuck down.

Because as much as you whine about government, I like living in an orderly society. And so do you. You just don't like making the sacrifices - obeying laws, paying taxes - for it.

Somalia beckons, man. They have no law, no government, lots of guns and lots of crazy religion. You'd be very happy there.

:cuckoo:

I know you are obsessed with me Little Joey, but can you please stick to the debate in question?

i thought we were talking about in the united states.

your neighbors might ask you to take it down. and probably if you're part of a community, the homeowners' rules or condo rules or whatever would be something you agreed to when moving in and a swastika would not be allowed. that said, on private property you have a "right" to be as stupid as you'd like. that doesn't mean there are no repercussions for being stupid.

You know what, there's nothing in my Condo by-laws that says I can't fly a Swastika flag and play the Horst Wessel Leid at 120 decibles at 1:30 AM. But I am sure that they'd have words with me if I did.

Forum List

Back