Casey Anthony

YOU are the jury. What's your thoughts so far?

• guilty.

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • not guilty.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • undecided.

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
JB just screwed himself and will be the laughing stock of lawyer jokes.

Thank you RD. It does raise a good point; how much does the jury rely on the defense teams' credibility?

Here is an interesting blog from a florida state attorney (who could be as wackadoo as the rest.) To me, the interesting component is his theory that perhaps Casey met with JB BEFORE she was arrested. He blindly took the case based on their first meeting and then found himself backed into a corner. This could explain some of JB's courtroom performance. As a public defender he did win 32 of 34 cases, just nothing as serious a murder 1 in a capital case.

Jose Baez – bLAWg, bLOG, BLAHg by Criminal Lawyer Richard Hornsby

Oh what a tangled web we weave....

On a personal observation note; I have suffered deep and serious trauma to the point where I could barely function on a basic level (ie; eating, urinating, sleeping.) How this woman could maintain a conversation with her family when first incarcerated on such a cavalier level is to me, astounding. I would have been shaking, my voice would have quivered, I would have looked like death warmed over and moreover I would have been begging my family to please please please find my daughter and end this nightmare. Perhaps projection on my part.

She is the champion compartementalizing narcisstic personality disorder defendant.

I also have been wondering.
If Cindy and George firmly believe that Casey did not kill Caylee, and they had no part in it, WHO do they think killed the little girl??
Because it's obvious to everyone, Caylee is indeed, dead.

I think they know. But that knowledge will not hit home until the end of the trial. Or maybe during closing arguments.

In other words...still in denial of what their daughter is. The guy that bailed her out the first time..can't think of his name. He said a few things that clicked home to me. Zanni the nanny..short for xanax. That folks in florida call it that. And she wanted caylee to go to sleep but maybe ran out, so used chloroform. Didn't count on killing her, but mainly wanted to party. Once found the kid, shrug it off, get a story going, dump the body, continue on as before with partying.

In other words...still in denial of what their daughter is. The guy that bailed her out the first time..can't think of his name. He said a few things that clicked home to me. Zanni the nanny..short for xanax. That folks in florida call it that. And she wanted caylee to go to sleep but maybe ran out, so used chloroform. Didn't count on killing her, but mainly wanted to party. Once found the kid, shrug it off, get a story going, dump the body, continue on as before with partying.

Leonard Padia (Padilla)....black cowboy-type hat??

And I am beginning to see this as feasible. But how in the world can these actions not present the mother as insane? Rhetorical question. Being of rational minds, we can't help but think "she's nuts."

Can it really be that simple? A young mom felt strapped and burdened by the presence of her young daughter and would *poof* her away for a few hours so as not to interrupt mommy's play time.

I can't help but think of a couple we (hubster and I) knew years ago who once forced nyquil down their 6 year old daughters' throat because mommy and daddy wanted to hang out. I remember that child resisting because she knew what was going to happen and she didn't like it. Needless to say, we promptly left and never returned and maybe a phone call was placed to authorities.

My point is, as inconceivable as it is, I have witnessed this very occurance. :(

yeah, what was his deal again? didn't he bail her out and put her back in? :lol: good for him, he knew he was on the crazy train.

yeah, what was his deal again? didn't he bail her out and put her back in? :lol: good for him, he knew he was on the crazy train.

I have no clue why he bailed her out in the first place, I was thinking he was a looney toon! Then I guess he figured things out, he did have some access to the Anthony home, and he had been on the news telling of some instances where Cindy and Casey were fighting, at one point I guess the Mother asked Casey to please just tell them where Caylee was (??)

He bailed her out because he smelled a story. Then he bailed himself out when the checks she wrote were stolen and therefore the bond had to be redone. He said nope. He admitted he was in it for the glory. But once the kid was dead, no glory, so he backed off.

They didn't plead insanity. Someone on one of the report shows on tv asked that same question.
She is as "sane" as susan smith. Both deserve whatever they get.

Yeah, i think the "they know right from wrong" thing is the court definition of insanity.

But still I wonder, where is the line...

I am still on the fence in that the prosecution hasn't proven murder, only looney tunes. But we've much to go.

I believe Florida follows the M’Naghten rule when it comes to an insanity defense. Basically the defense would have to prove either that the 1) defendant does not know the nature and quality of her act, or 2) she does not know what she was doing was wrong.

What I'm wondering is if the defense is trying really hard to make Casey look insane because they aren't shying away from her lies coming out in testimony. It almost looks like Casey had fabricated her own imaginary world, friends, jobs, etc. with the elaborateness of the lies that she told and that her mother testified to. Most all the people she mentions do not even exist. It's possible Casey actually BELIEVES her own lies. Even if the defense doesn't actually plead insanity (and I think I read somewhere that Casey did not want to plead insanity), they may be hoping to spare her the death penalty and she just get life in prison because the jury will think she is insane. The tactic reminds me of what happened in the movie "Primal Fear".

It's certainly much easier to believe that from the evidence and testimony that has happened than George covered up an accidental drowning and that he was molesting his daughter.

One more thing that has been bugging me. They have all this talk about Caylee's death being an 'accidental drowning'- yet the official autopsy report, signed by Dr. G. herself, states that the child's death was a HOMOCIDE: by undetermined means.
So where's 'accidental drowning' fit into the homocide category??

And I am beginning to see this as feasible. But how in the world can these actions not present the mother as insane? Rhetorical question. Being of rational minds, we can't help but think "she's nuts."

Can it really be that simple? A young mom felt strapped and burdened by the presence of her young daughter and would *poof* her away for a few hours so as not to interrupt mommy's play time.

I can't help but think of a couple we (hubster and I) knew years ago who once forced nyquil down their 6 year old daughters' throat because mommy and daddy wanted to hang out. I remember that child resisting because she knew what was going to happen and she didn't like it. Needless to say, we promptly left and never returned and maybe a phone call was placed to authorities.

My point is, as inconceivable as it is, I have witnessed this very occurance. :(
What about the tape wrapped around her head?

I keep getting stuck on that. It's mentioned a lot about 3 pieces of tape on her mouth and nose and - at least in my view- that minimizes the impact of her whole head actually wrapped in tape.

I have no clue why he bailed her out in the first place, I was thinking he was a looney toon! Then I guess he figured things out, he did have some access to the Anthony home, and he had been on the news telling of some instances where Cindy and Casey were fighting, at one point I guess the Mother asked Casey to please just tell them where Caylee was (??)

I think he believed her in the beginning. He has said he is worried that she can actaully lie her way out of this if she is on the stand. :doubt:

I think the schmuck thinks a little too much of himself...she didn't fool the LE for a minute. As the interview at Universal proves

They didn't plead insanity. Someone on one of the report shows on tv asked that same question.
She is as "sane" as susan smith. Both deserve whatever they get.

Yeah, i think the "they know right from wrong" thing is the court definition of insanity.

But still I wonder, where is the line...

I am still on the fence in that the prosecution hasn't proven murder, only looney tunes. But we've much to go.

I believe Florida follows the M’Naghten rule when it comes to an insanity defense. Basically the defense would have to prove either that the 1) defendant does not know the nature and quality of her act, or 2) she does not know what she was doing was wrong.

What I'm wondering is if the defense is trying really hard to make Casey look insane because they aren't shying away from her lies coming out in testimony. It almost looks like Casey had fabricated her own imaginary world, friends, jobs, etc. with the elaborateness of the lies that she told and that her mother testified to. Most all the people she mentions do not even exist. It's possible Casey actually BELIEVES her own lies. Even if the defense doesn't actually plead insanity (and I think I read somewhere that Casey did not want to plead insanity), they may be hoping to spare her the death penalty and she just get life in prison because the jury will think she is insane. The tactic reminds me of what happened in the movie "Primal Fear".

It's certainly much easier to believe that from the evidence and testimony that has happened than George covered up an accidental drowning and that he was molesting his daughter.

Can the jury use that as an excuse even though JB didn't claim any diminished capacity. Or am I an idiot and he did in a round about way?

I don't care if she is medically speaking insane or not. The punishment should be death imo

eta: This mornings tapes. "Hi, how are you?" cheerful and giggle giggle.
"My heart is aching, I just want to be back with my family" "I just want to get out of here" Each time Caylee is an after thought

Last edited:

yep, the tape. and we come full circle again.

What about the tape wrapped around her head?

I keep getting stuck on that. It's mentioned a lot about 3 pieces of tape on her mouth and nose and - at least in my view- that minimizes the impact of her whole head actually wrapped in tape.

and yes the tape we are back full circle.

Good Mornin' Y'all.

Sorry, I haven't checked in before this, but I spent last night lost in the reading transcripts from Hell and this morning in a video conference.

Wow. So much information to go through and absorb.
I thought the research for my books was all consuming, I can't even imagine doing this for a living.

Anyway -- a few WOW moments from reading over here:

Case Documents Released | 

"Toxicology testing detected no drugs."

They tested for Caylee's hair for eleven different types of drugs, but oddly enough did not test for Chloroform.

Why the Hell wouldn't they test for that? That's the State's entire case.

And . . .

"Duct tape had been placed on her head while her body was still fresh or while she was alive."
"This duct tape was clearly placed prior to decomposition, keeping the mandible in place."

Hmmm . . . really.

There's also a really sad exchange of emails between Cindy and her brother, Rick. He's pleading for her to quit acting and looking like a moron and also talks about George's family and his families history of "mental illness". :-o

Again, if you're really interested in the facts of this case -- this is a great site full of transcripts of sworn statements, DNA information and evidence reports.

Good Mornin' Y'all.

Sorry, I haven't checked in before this, but I spent last night lost in the reading transcripts from Hell and this morning in a video conference.

Wow. So much information to go through and absorb.
I thought the research for my books was all consuming, I can't even imagine doing this for a living.

Anyway -- a few WOW moments from reading over here:

Case Documents Released*|*

"Toxicology testing detected no drugs."

They tested for Caylee's hair for eleven different types of drugs, but oddly enough did not test for Chloroform.

Why the Hell wouldn't they test for that? That's the State's entire case.
Well I don't recall the opening where the State claimed that.

That hair from car shows decomposition (page 2, 1st document) and residue of chlorophorm in other items tested from the trunk (page 2, 5th document)
LINK
And . . .

"Duct tape had been placed on her head while her body was still fresh or while she was alive."
"This duct tape was clearly placed prior to decomposition, keeping the mandible in place."

Hmmm . . . really.
THAT is the states entire case.

There's also a really sad exchange of emails between Cindy and her brother, Rick. He's pleading for her to quit acting and looking like a moron and also talks about George's family and his families history of "mental illness". :-o

Again, if you're really interested in the facts of this case -- this is a great site full of transcripts of sworn statements, DNA information and evidence reports.
Again, George is not really on trial. Cayse is.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back