Cassius Clay An Icon?

I think most of us understand the last legit defense based deployment of US forces was WWII.

"most of us" should go take a look at the ugly black fucking wall in D.C. general dipshit.

We have. And nothing changed. The beast learned a lot from that episode. That's why there's no draft, the public wouldn't tolerate what we're up to now with endless war of capitalist colonial aggression. That's also why you see no body bags coming back on TV every night these days. Out of sight out of mind. Meawhile, 22 vets commit suicide daily.

We have. And nothing changed. The beast learned a lot from that episode. That's why there's no draft, the public wouldn't tolerate what we're up to now with endless war of capitalist colonial aggression. That's also why you see no body bags coming back on TV every night these days. Out of sight out of mind. Meawhile, 22 vets commit suicide daily.

Those COMBAT Vets end their lives because leftist trash has labeled them "losers" or "psychos" and left them little alternatives to once again be regular Americans. I'm sure you're proud of yourself spouting leftist garbage while knowing you'd never be man enough to wear the uniform or cock a rifle in defense of the nation you claim is your heritage.

No Tom, your boot to the chest wouldnt have stopped him from making you look like a little girl but hey, you can always live vicariously through Holmes for lack of your own ring greatness.

My mai-geri went through 3 inches of pine at the time...far more than a sternum can stop. Nothing "vicarious" about it, fool.
:lmao:

Those COMBAT Vets end their lives because leftist trash has labeled them "losers" or "psychos" and left them little alternatives to once again be regular Americans. I'm sure you're proud of yourself spouting leftist garbage while knowing you'd never be man enough to wear the uniform or cock a rifle in defense of the nation you claim is your heritage.

You seem to be incapable of assigning responsibility. Or perhaps like to play loosely with it.

When Ali conscientiously objects to a war, somehow you want to assign "sending somebody else in his place" to the CO (Ali) -- instead of the government actually responsible for it.
-- When that same government grinds up its blood and treasure and tosses them on the scrap heap to be neglected after their sacrifice, you want to blame "leftists".

Seems you want to blame everybody except the entity that actually took those actions --- the government.

What are you, some kind of Statist?

• Thanks
Reactions: GT
Please explain to me what we accomplished by being in Vietnam?

And how having our soldiers there was "defending" America?

I am only here to learn........ :cool:

Well, I have to admit that the Vietnamese Navy and Airforce never got past the barrier islands of North Carolina, so thank god for our armed forces....

You seem to be incapable of assigning responsibility. Or perhaps like to play loosely with it.

When Ali conscientiously objects to a war, somehow you want to assign "sending somebody else in his place" to the CO (Ali) -- instead of the government actually responsible for it.
-- When that same government grinds up its blood and treasure and tosses them on the scrap heap to be neglected after their sacrifice, you want to blame "leftists".

Seems you want to blame everybody except the entity that actually took those actions --- the government.

What are you, some kind of Statist?

Playing possum are we? Of course somebody else went in his place...that's how numbers work or did for your hero LBJ who made his buddy a fortune years in advance of his buildup for dredging Cam Ranh Bay so US ships could port there. Draftees don't get to choose what war they're willing to sign up for...not how it works...even an old draft-dodging hippie like you knows that or should. Clay was hardly a CO considering he was willing to beat a man half to death inside the turnbuckles. Your rant about our government and war is typical leftist trash...why do you continue to live in a country you revile....can't afford passage to Cuba?

Please explain to me what we accomplished by being in Vietnam?

And how having our soldiers there was "defending" America?

I am only here to learn........ :cool:

This thread is about Cassius Clay...there, you learned something,

You can still appreciate what someone does in their chosen field and not support their politics or choices. I think someone like Lawrence Philips was a good football player but I am not pro assault or vehicle theft.

A boxing icon that was controversial in certain areas.

You can still appreciate what someone does in their chosen field and not support their politics or choices. I think someone like Lawrence Philips was a good football player but I am not pro assault or vehicle theft.

I believe I said Clay was a great fighter...not the "greatest"...that would have been the undefeated Rocky Marciano (49-0). The Net is full of him being an "icon" and "heroic" today...he was neither.

Ali was not a draft dodger. He didn't flee the country or weasel his way out with a deferment.

I saw you said they "got her good" about the girl getting egged and pelted with cans in San Jose. I won't reply further to trash like you.

I believe I said Clay was a great fighter...not the "greatest"...that would have been the undefeated Rocky Marciano (50-0). The Net is full of him being an "icon" and "heroic" today...he was neither.
Yes you did. Sorry. That is why I added the tidbit in the edit. You don't think he could be admired for being a great boxer? Sonny Liston is a boxing icon. He wasn't exactly a saint outside the ring.

Yes you did. Sorry. That is why I added the tidbit in the edit. You don't think he could be admired for being a great boxer? Sonny Liston is a boxing icon. He wasn't exactly a saint outside the ring.

Asked and answered.

Forum List

Back