Catholic church "Get out of jail free" card

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Catholic Church must reform confession, abuse survivor says

An Australian child abuse survivor has called on the Catholic Church to reform its laws on confession to ensure crimes are reported to police.

Peter Gogarty said perpetrators knew anything disclosed in confession would not be revealed to authorities.

He told the BBC it was effectively a "get-out-of-jail-free card".

"What they are doing is saying we are more prepared to protect an offender than we are to take care of this child," said Mr Gogarty, who was 12 when he was abused by a priest in New South Wales.

The inquiry, established in 2013, gathered evidence from 4,440 people who said they were victims of abuse at Catholic institutions in Australia.

_95430607_peteraltarboy.jpg

More than 4000 people in just one city and this has been going on since the beginning of the catholic church.

There are pedo's in other organizations, like scouts and school teachers but no where near the numbers in the catholic church. More important than numbers is that none of the protect pedos like the catholic church does.

Its way past time the catholics are allowed to protect known criminals - especially in view of their hypocritical condemnation of abortion.

Why don't catholics demand their church care about children as much as they care about fetuses?

There are pedo's in other organizations, like scouts and school teachers but no where near the numbers in the catholic church.

Flat out lie...

Has Media Ignored Sex Abuse In School?

John Karr isn't a priest. He's a teacher.

Most teachers are dedicated, hard-working people who wouldn't dream of hurting a child. The same is true of priests.

If the suspect in the 1996 murder of JonBenet Ramsey were a priest, there would be a fresh outcry about a decades-long cover-up in the Catholic Church. Commentators from Left and Right would rightly unite in decrying the crisis and the entrenched complacency that led to it. Catholic pundits would take a special relish in pointing out that they agree: The Church had better get its act together.

Any institution that has allowed children to be harmed by predators deserves to be taken to task for it. No institution should get a pass. And no profession should get a pass. Not preachers, not priests — not even teachers.

Especially not teachers. And yet …

Consider the statistics: In accordance with a requirement of President Bush's No Child Left Behind Act, in 2002 the Department of Education carried out a study of sexual abuse in the school system.

Hofstra University researcher Charol Shakeshaft looked into the problem, and the first thing that came to her mind when Education Week reported on the study were the daily headlines about the Catholic Church.

"[T]hink the Catholic Church has a problem?" she said. "The physical sexual abuse of students in schools is likely more than 100 times the abuse by priests."

Has Media Ignored Sex Abuse In School?

Link to study:
https://www2.ed.gov/rschstat/research/pubs/misconductreview/report.pdf

You always try to excuse the catholic church but your post is hardly an excuse or the same thing.

The catholic church has hidden all sorts of criminals for 2000 years and they are still hiding criminals.

Should the catholic church be allowed to hide criminals in addition to hiding pedo priests?

You always try to excuse the catholic church but your post is hardly an excuse or the same thing.

The catholic church has hidden all sorts of criminals for 2000 years and they are still hiding criminals.

Should the catholic church be allowed to hide criminals in addition to hiding pedo priests?

Again I never defended the Church, I pointed out the lie in your own article. Refute it

It's fun smacking you around, Lug Nut

Amazing how one would try to excuse the Catholic Hierarchy's long time protection of its pedophiles by trying to deflect to other careers such as teacher/coaches....I can think of ONE instance of a coach (Penn State) being protected for years and years. Can someone show an example of a teacher being thus protected?

Again I never defended the Church, I pointed out the lie in your own article. Refute it

Everytime you immediately deflect to others such as teachers and coaches...you are defending the catholic church. But...but...but....Johnny does it too!!!

Everytime you immediately deflect to others such as teachers and coaches...you are defending the catholic church. But...but...but....Johnny does it too!!!1

I pointed out and proved the lie, this thread is over LMAO

Everytime you immediately deflect to others such as teachers and coaches...you are defending the catholic church. But...but...but....Johnny does it too!!!1

"Proved the lie"....hardly. You defend the catholic hierarchy's long term....very long term.....belief that they are above the law and their long term...very long term...protection of pedophile priests over their victims.

"Proved the lie"....hardly. You defend the catholic hierarchy's long term....very long term.....belief that they are above the law and their long term...very long term...protection of pedophile priests over their victims.

Tweaks your nose...again.

Now maybe you can point out where I defended the Church, Lug Nut keeps saying it but so far it's all blabber.....batter up, Hairy Back :dance:

And she is still defending it - right here in this thread. Not to mention she voted for it.

Any person who goes into a catholic church or worse, actually takes their child into a catholic church is aiding and abetting.

Is there any other example of adults/parents knowing taking their kids to a place they KNOW hide pedos?

I am SO naive -- When I first realized the enormity of this cover-up, I actually believed that catholics would rise up as one and demand their children be safe in a church.

Instead, they help protect the criminals.

How is that possible?

Now maybe you can point out where I defended the Church, Lug Nut keeps saying it but so far it's all blabber.....batter up, Hairy Back :dance:
Everytime you deflect from your catholic hierarchy and what they've done to protect pedophile priests, you are defending them. How about taking that "deflect" tool out of your defensive tool box for once.

And she is still defending it - right here in this thread.

Where? Quote it...you know how to use quote right? Hell copy and paste it...

You can't, I already know this.

I've trounced you and BoPete again.

All this winning is fun :banana:

Everytime you deflect from your catholic hierarchy and what they've done to protect pedophile priests, you are defending them. How about taking that "deflect" tool out of your defensive tool box for once.

Steeeeerike One!!!!

Batter up

"All this winning is fun"....thus sayeth the pedophile priests as the catholic hierarchy protects them once again and the catholic population looks away once again.

"All this winning is fun"....thus sayeth the pedophile priests as the catholic hierarchy protects them once again and the catholic population looks away once again.

Steeeerike TWO!!!!!!!

Steeeeerike One!!!!

Batter up
"Steeeeerike One!!!!" That's what the catholic hierarchy said as they moved a pedophile priest to a new and unsuspecting congregation....while the catholic parishioners look the other way and cry "squirrel!"

Steeeerike TWO!!!!!!!
"Steeerike TWO!!!!"...as the pedophile priests get moved once again to another unsuspecting congregation and catholics everywhere fiddle.

Steeeerike TWO!!!!!!!

Not just defending them but actually making fun of those who disagree with hiding criminals.

That's what it is - a so-called "christian" church, the wealthiest business on the planet, hides criminals.

I think that's wrong and I think its wrong that people like you defend it.

This same wealthy business and its followers then pretend they give a fuck about fetuses.

Protect fetuses.
Rape children.

You defend that.
You defend the indefensible.

Forum List

Back