Caught on Tape: NPR Executive Savages Conservatives, Christians & Tea Party Members

"If there's retributive justice he'll get AIDS from a transfusion, or one of his grandchildren will get it."

That's a direct quote. Sure sounds to me like she wishes "retributive justice" would happen. Especially since she laughed when she said it. What a sick person.

Rick D.

"I think he ought to be worried about...the good lord's mind, because if there's retributive justice, he'll get AIDS through a transfusion or one of his grandchildren will get it..."

hmmm, let me see, what was the context? Oh yeah defenders of the God-Fearing, Bigotted, Conservative, White Southern Bigot named Jesse Helms.
yes, dipshit, that is wishing aids on him and his grandchild

In other words....

I just let the whole USMB community see how naive and cluelss I am so I better make some sarcastic remark as a deflection.

You are a child Dante. A clueless, naive child.

Hey, that's why the started MoveOn.org.. so they've have an entire mechanism in place to just beat you into the notion of "forget all the stupid hateful shit we do because we didn't really do it".

"If there's retributive justice he'll get AIDS from a transfusion, or one of his grandchildren will get it."

That's a direct quote. Sure sounds to me like she wishes "retributive justice" would happen. Especially since she laughed when she said it. What a sick person.

Rick D.
dainty is a fucking moron
LOL

gawd, you people are pathetic. living in the past.

NPR and local 'public' radio stations have for a few decades now been giving the most unbiased coverage of issues around.

it's always mourning in America for you Bozos.:cuckoo:

GEEEZ Dante! If NPR in unbiased, Rush Limbaugh is a liberal.
Your problem is that you are so far left of center that you think Dennis Kucinich is a right wing lunatic.

Name the shows on NPR that are liberal.

Better yet, name a news show that is liberal

:eek:
How about I name one that is not liberal?
1. zip
2. zero
3. zilch
4. nadda

These people defending the NPR executives are the same ones declaring that gov Walker should resign over being punked on the phone where he "admitted" that he "knew of the possibility" of planting a bad-mannered protester in Wisconsin.

No hypocrisy here folks, move along, those far lefties are true to the core (unless someone they like is committing attrocities).
This is yet another example of what the President calls: civility.

"I think he ought to be worried about...the good lord's mind, because if there's retributive justice, he'll get AIDS through a transfusion or one of his grandchildren will get it..."

hmmm, let me see, what was the context? Oh yeah defenders of the God-Fearing, Bigotted, Conservative, White Southern Bigot named Jesse Helms.

look again. read the words. try real hard to use your brain.

no one wished AIDS on anyone.

To Everything (Turn, Turn, Turn)
There is a season (Turn, Turn, Turn)
And a time to every purpose, under Heaven

Does Nina believe in the good Lord and retributive justice?

LOL

gawd, you people truly are pathetic

Last edited:

LOL

sorry, i cant do it the way you do and just stop thinking
i actually have a fully functioning brain and can tell when someone wishes evil on someone

So people cannot make a case with facts for NPR being biased or liberal?

too funny

They did make the case.

And you just deny it.

Can't do much with that. Either you're patently dishonest, or you're mentally ill.

I come down on the side of mentally ill, but often crazies are dishonest, too.

LOL

Defund NPR now (Turn, Turn, Turn)
There is a reason (Turn, Turn Turn)
They showed their true colors, YET AGAIN (Turn, Turn, Turn)
May they now join failures, Current and Link TV (Turn, Turn, Turn)
Heir to Air Americadom (Turn, Turn, Turn)
Liberals are hateful morons (Turn, Turn, Turn)

Last edited:
I'm speechless.
you should be for without context you are just as stupid deaf as dumb

Today, Totenberg said she regrets those words, but that the context is worth noting. In arguing against funding for AIDS, Helms had said, "We've got to have common sense about a disease transmitted by people deliberately engaging in unnatural acts." He was talking about sex between gay men.

At the time, others on the show also reacted strongly against Helms.

— The conservative syndicated columnist Charles Krauthammer said Helms' remarks were "bigoted and cruel."

Totenberg On Helms Comment: 'It Was A Stupid Remark' : The Two-Way : NPR

— The late Tony Snow, a conservative columnist...said that "the other thing it's done, ironically, is expose Jesse Helms to the charge of hypocrisy. After all, here's a tobacco state senator and I've never heard him in the well of the Senate getting up and saying, by God, it's time for us to cut off funding for cancer research because these smokers brought it on themselves."

Totenberg now says she was attempting to underscore the point that Helms' objection to federal funding for AIDS testing could lead the disease to spread widely among heterosexuals and babies born to women who had HIV. But Totenberg concedes her comments represented a harsh and overly personalized way to make her point.

Last edited:

LOL

Defund NPR now (Turn, Turn, Turn)
There is a reason (Turn, Turn Turn)
They showed there true colors, YET AGAIN (Turn, Turn, Turn)
May they now join failures, Current and Link TV (Turn, Turn, Turn)
Heir to Air Americadom (Turn, Turn, Turn)
Liberals are hateful morons (Turn, Turn, Turn)

News Falsh: I have no problem with defunding NPR

What is being argued is that NPR is somehow liberal.The programs ans segments I've listened to have been fairly balanced overall. Nothing akin to what FOX News Channel does.

hmmm, let me see, what was the context? Oh yeah defenders of the God-Fearing, Bigoted, Conservative, White Southern Cracker named Jesse Helms.

sorry ma'am, just the facts

So let's see, she DID say it, you just lied - because you are a small minded, bigoted leftist.

hmmm, let me see, what was the context? Oh yeah defenders of the God-Fearing, Bigoted, Conservative, White Southern Cracker named Jesse Helms.

So let's see, she DID say it, you just lied - because you are a small minded, bigoted leftist.

She does not wish anything on anyone. Get a grip. Demonizing Nina only serves to keep you dumb as a rock.

I don't wish AIDS on anyone, but there would be some kind of justice in seeing people like Jesse Helms suffer personally for making up shit and lies that make others suffer.

— The conservative syndicated columnist Charles Krauthammer said Helms' remarks were "bigoted and cruel."

Forum List

Back