Caught on Tape: NPR Executive Savages Conservatives, Christians & Tea Party Members

that's different

somehow

That's right. It is different. Walker actually accepted money from the real Koch bros. Schiller refused to accept money from O'Keefe's goons.

Its also different because Schiller got shown the door, and Walker is still the Governor.

Thanks, you just proved my point. NPR doesn't tolerate bias and doesn't let money influence their mission. Apparently Walker could learn a thing or two from NPR.

That's right. It is different. Walker actually accepted money from the real Koch bros. Schiller refused to accept money from O'Keefe's goons.

Its also different because Schiller got shown the door, and Walker is still the Governor.

Thanks, you just proved my point. NPR doesn't tolerate bias and doesn't let money influence their mission. Apparently Walker could learn a thing or two from NPR.

is this before or after they re-hire Juan Williams? :rolleyes:...

NPR has the second and third most listened to talk radio shows on the air.

You people on the Right should want to retain some semblance of influence over their programming.

Why?

History shows that if it is in the real world, private sector, and it is liberal talk radio, it will fail.

If they want to succeed, they'll shift their programming to something people will support. If they want to fail, they'll keep doing what they're doing, and we can watch the clock.

Who cares? How does one man's opinion mean NPR is biased?

I wonder how obnoxiously the Howling Moonbats would be whining about bias if this was a big shot from FOX News railing about Liberals???

Here you go.

Fox News President Roger Ailes slammed NPR executives as “Nazis” in a new interview, saying the publicly financed radio network espouses the "left wing of Nazism."

“They are, of course, Nazis,” Ailes said of NPR. “They have a kind of Nazi attitude. They are the left wing of Nazism. These guys don’t want any other point of view.”

Read more: Roger Ailes: NPR executives 'Nazis' - Meredith Shiner - POLITICO.com

I agree with him actually on the subject of the firing of Juan Williams. :clap2:

“In general, no organization, including a church, may qualify for IRC [Internal Revenue Code] 501(c)(3) [tax-exempt] status if a substantial part of its activities is attempting to influence legislation (commonly known as lobbying)".
now prove a substantial part

What constitutes a substantial part to you? What percentage?

This church lost it's status:

Church loses tax-exempt status

Here's another:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/18/nyregion/18grove.html

The Mormons should lose their tax exempt status over Prop 8. Mormons think that civil marriage is an earthly contract and celestial marriage performed in a church temple and is a sacred covenant( according to an article in the church magazine Ensign).
Temple marriages are not being threatened. This move is not religious, it is political. LDS crossed state lines to insert itself into CA politics. The Mormon Church should be stripped of its tax-exempt status.

If a church seems to operate for mostly nonreligious purposes (i.e., political work or personal profit), the IRS can revoke 501(c)(3) status.
that was over partisan politics

that's right. It is different. Walker actually accepted money from the real koch bros. Schiller refused to accept money from o'keefe's goons.

its also different because schiller got shown the door, and walker is still the governor.

thanks, you just proved my point. Npr doesn't tolerate bias and doesn't let money inflence their mission. Apparently walker could learn a thing or two from npr.

lmao!!!!

You people on the Right should want to retain some semblance of influence over their programming.

Why?

History shows that if it is in the real world, private sector, and it is liberal talk radio, it will fail.

If they want to succeed, they'll shift their programming to something people will support. If they want to fail, they'll keep doing what they're doing, and we can watch the clock.

Yeah, ok. Republicans, Democrats and Independents have looked at NPR as a respected voice of reason for decades. Sell that shit at FoxNation. Only crazy righties buy that argument.

You're aware that the very union you're arguing about has 5.5Million invested in the Koch brothers, right?

Which union? I didn't mention anything about a union.

The Wisconsin Public Works union.

You know.....the teachers?

They invest their money in the Koch brothers.

So they accept money from them too.

I wonder how obnoxiously the Howling Moonbats would be whining about bias if this was a big shot from FOX News railing about Liberals???

Here you go.

Fox News President Roger Ailes slammed NPR executives as “Nazis” in a new interview, saying the publicly financed radio network espouses the "left wing of Nazism."

“They are, of course, Nazis,” Ailes said of NPR. “They have a kind of Nazi attitude. They are the left wing of Nazism. These guys don’t want any other point of view.”

Read more: Roger Ailes: NPR executives 'Nazis' - Meredith Shiner - POLITICO.com

I agree with him actually on the subject of the firing of Juan Williams. :clap2:

I figured you'd say something like that. I owned you, and all you can do is applaud.

Why?

Yeah, ok. Republicans, Democrats and Independents have looked at NPR as a respected voice of reason for decades. Sell that shit at FoxNation. Only crazy righties buy that argument.

Uh-huh???

They fired the only moderate voice they had and even he was left of center.

Why?

Yes....

The History of Radio is replete with tales of successful liberal networks, isn't it?

Do you remember Air America?

Your parents probably listened to it.

You're aware that the very union you're arguing about has 5.5Million invested in the Koch brothers, right?

Which union? I didn't mention anything about a union.

The Wisconsin Public Works union.

You know.....the teachers?

They invest their money in the Koch brothers.

So they accept money from them too.

Wrong thread. This thread isn't about unions, and I haven't mentioned or even alluded to unions on this thread.

which schiller? this Schiller had already gone to join the aspen institute (?)

NPR has back-pedaled in the last hour or two Traj....they are now claiming they placed him on administrative leave.

I think it is obvious what happened here, and suspect it was a mutual agreement.

Why?

Yes....

The History of Radio is replete with tales of successful liberal networks, isn't it?

Do you remember Air America?

Your parents probably listened to it.

I never listened to it. But I have listened to NPR for years. And so have millions of Republicans, Democrats and Independents. What other useless points would you like to make?

Forum List

Back