Caught on Tape: NPR Executive Savages Conservatives, Christians & Tea Party Members

Which union? I didn't mention anything about a union.

The Wisconsin Public Works union.

You know.....the teachers?

They invest their money in the Koch brothers.

So they accept money from them too.

Wrong thread. This thread isn't about unions, and I haven't mentioned or even alluded to unions on this thread.

Oh....

So you're not as stupid in this thread as you are in that one?

Is that what you're saying?

Its also different because Schiller got shown the door, and Walker is still the Governor.

which schiller? this Schiller had already gone to join the aspen institute (?)

NPR has back-pedaled in the last hour or two Traj....they are now claiming they placed him on administrative leave.

I think it is obvious what happened here, and suspect it was a mutual agreement.

ah, I wasn't sure and I would like to see the time-line. ;)

edit this is dated march 3rd, before this broke..(?)

http://www.aspeninstitute.org/news/...te-taps-ronald-schiller-new-head-arts-program

Why?

History shows that if it is in the real world, private sector, and it is liberal talk radio, it will fail.

If they want to succeed, they'll shift their programming to something people will support. If they want to fail, they'll keep doing what they're doing, and we can watch the clock.

Yeah, ok. Republicans, Democrats and Independents have looked at NPR as a respected voice of reason for decades. Sell that shit at FoxNation. Only crazy righties buy that argument.

Uh-huh???

They fired the only moderate voice they had and even he was left of center.

The only moderate voice? Obviously, you don't listen to NPR.

NPR has the second and third most listened to talk radio shows on the air.

You people on the Right should want to retain some semblance of influence over their programming.

Why?

History shows that if it is in the real world, private sector, and it is liberal talk radio, it will fail.

If they want to succeed, they'll shift their programming to something people will support. If they want to fail, they'll keep doing what they're doing, and we can watch the clock.

So there's no dominant liberal news media? lol, you're calling a bunch of your USMB pals idiots then.

NPR gets only a small percentage of their revenue from the federal government. Take it away and they'll just make it up with a few extra paid advertisements here and there. And they'll still be the 2nd and 3rd most listened talk radio shows.

NPR has back-pedaled in the last hour or two Traj....they are now claiming they placed him on administrative leave.

I think it is obvious what happened here, and suspect it was a mutual agreement.

ah, I wasn't sure and I would like to see the time-line. ;)

It went CRAZY from about 5:30ET through 7pm.....NPR was issuing updates about every 15 minutes. They went into full spin mode when the late presses started publishing their reports.

You could feel the frenzy for about an hour......every update was incomplete.....just rushed out there in order to "say anything."

Wrong thread. This thread isn't about unions, and I haven't mentioned or even alluded to unions on this thread.

Oh....

So you're not as stupid in this thread as you are in that one?

Is that what you're saying?

You're bringing up things that have nothing to do with this thread, and you call me stupid? You're a blathering idiot who can't even stay on topic. Go fuck yourself, pussy.

Why?

Yeah, ok. Republicans, Democrats and Independents have looked at NPR as a respected voice of reason for decades. Sell that shit at FoxNation. Only crazy righties buy that argument.

Yes....

The History of Radio is replete with tales of successful liberal networks, isn't it?

Do you remember Air America?

Your parents probably listened to it.

Rock and roll dominated radio for a couple decades. Wasn't that liberal?

So there's no dominant liberal news media? lol, you're calling a bunch of your USMB pals idiots then.

NPR gets only a small percentage of their revenue from the federal government. Take it away and they'll just make it up with a few extra paid advertisements here and there. And they'll still be the 2nd and 3rd most listened talk radio shows.

We're going to see :)

Weigel : NPR Cans Ronald Schiller

NPR Cans Ronald Schiller
Posted Tuesday, March 08, 2011 5:34 PM | By David Weigel

That, from the new statement from NPR's Dana Rehm, is the shoe that took all day to drop. The entire statement, which also clarifies that Schiller decided to leave before the sting occurred:

The comments contained in the video released today are contrary to everything we stand for, and we completely disavow the views expressed. NPR is fair and open minded about the people we cover. Our reporting reflects those values every single day – in the civility of our programming, the range of opinions we reflect and the diversity of stories we tell.

The assertion that NPR and public radio stations would be better off without federal funding does not reflect reality. The elimination of federal funding would significantly damage public broadcasting as a whole.

Prior to the lunch meeting presented in the edited video, Ron Schiller had informed NPR that he was resigning from his position to take a new job. His resignation was announced publicly last week, and he was expected to depart in May. While we review this situation, he has been placed on administrative leave.

David Folkenflik has more, including the key detail that the the "administrative leave" is, yes, confirmation that Schiller is gone. Schiller's first day at the Aspen Institute is April 1; I've checked in with the institute just to make sure he's still starting there.

You're bringing up things that have nothing to do with this thread, and you call me stupid? You're a blathering idiot who can't even stay on topic. Go fuck yourself, pussy.

Do you think that if you just leave a thread, and go get in another one, we'll forget that you're dumb as a brick?

Do you support the Wisconsin union or not?

We're going to see :)

Morning Edition and All Things Considered get a bigger audience than Hannity and almost as big an audience as Limbaugh.

You really don't think they can make up losing a couple percentage points of funding with a few on-air sponsors? Do Hannity and Limbaugh have sponsors?

NPR Cans Ronald Schiller

That, from the new statement from NPR's Dana Rehm, is the shoe that took all day to drop. The entire statement, which also clarifies that Schiller decided to leave before the sting occurred:

The comments contained in the video released today are contrary to everything we stand for, and we completely disavow the views expressed. NPR is fair and open minded about the people we cover. Our reporting reflects those values every single day – in the civility of our programming, the range of opinions we reflect and the diversity of stories we tell.

The assertion that NPR and public radio stations would be better off without federal funding does not reflect reality. The elimination of federal funding would significantly damage public broadcasting as a whole.

Prior to the lunch meeting presented in the edited video, Ron Schiller had informed NPR that he was resigning from his position to take a new job. His resignation was announced publicly last week, and he was expected to depart in May. While we review this situation, he has been placed on administrative leave.

David Folkenflik has more, including the key detail that the the "administrative leave" is, yes, confirmation that Schiller is gone. Schiller's first day at the Aspen Institute is April 1; I've checked in with the institute just to make sure he's still starting there.

There were actually 4-5 more updates from NPR after that one, but that one was the clear indication that they were at Threat Level Midnight and in full spin mode.

Morning Edition and All Things Considered get a bigger audience than Hannity and almost as big an audience as Limbaugh.

You really don't think they can make up losing a couple percentage points of funding with a few on-air sponsors? Do Hannity and Limbaugh have sponsors?

No I do not.

But we will find out soon enough.

Which union? I didn't mention anything about a union.

DA??

You brought the Koch Brothers and Gov. Walker into the thread....which is bringing the whole Union debate into it.

The fact that the Teacher's Union invests millions with the Koch Brothers while you haul into the discussion that they donated to Walker certainly isn't off limits then.

My hot, young wife has dinner on the table, and a grin on her face.

Later.

No I do not.

But we will find out soon enough.

12 million listeners a day, and they're going to have to fold? How would that work?

Glen Beck has only 2 million on tv, and he's supposed to grrrrrrrreat!!!

DA??

You brought the Koch Brothers and Gov. Walker into the thread....which is bringing the whole Union debate into it.

The fact that the Teacher's Union invests millions with the Koch Brothers while you haul into the discussion that they donated to Walker certainly isn't off limits then.

I brought up the Koch bros to show how Walker accepts money from special interests, unlike NPR's Schiller, who refused to accept donations from O'Keefe's fake Muslims. Nothing about teacher's unions. You righties are the ones who made that connection. Start a thread on it. I couldn't care less. But it has nothing to do with this thread or any point that I've made.

Last edited:

NPR Cans Ronald Schiller

There were actually 4-5 more updates from NPR after that one, but that one was the clear indication that they were at Threat Level Midnight and in full spin mode.

ah, I wasn't sure and I would like to see the time-line.

edit this is dated march 3rd, before this broke..(?)

http://www.aspeninstitute.org/news/2...d-arts-program

*shrugs*.

Forum List

Back