CBO Report says Immigration Bill will lower deficit

Public Employee Unions are a bigger cause of CA's budget problems. Excessive pension benefits are crowding out funds for actual services.

Where is that the Unions fault?

If the State agrees to pay a certain salary and certain pension benefits and never sets aside money to pay for those pensions why is it the union employees fault when it comes time to pay that pension?

Because it's common knowledge that public sector Unions are in bed with politicians who use them to buy votes. The Unions use the politicians to get contracts that the tax payers can't afford. In the end the tax payers, middle class and poor get screwed because public unions are on mass welfare.

Even FDR and George Meany realized that unionizing public employees is not in the interests of the public. There can be no fair collective bargaining agreements as the negotiators are all on the same side (and are making decisions on how to spend Other People's Money); and the public should not be held hostage to strikes denying services funded with taxpayer money.

The CBO report is assuming that the illegals will all begin to pay taxes, hence the decrease in the deficit. Key word, begin. I thought illegals were already paying taxes?

Did the CBO account for all of the illegals that are already paying taxes? Hmmmmmmmm?

The CBO certainly didn't factor in the mad dash to the Welfare office the very moment millions of illegals get amnesty.

The CBO report is assuming that the illegals will all begin to pay taxes, hence the decrease in the deficit. Key word, begin. I thought illegals were already paying taxes?

Did the CBO account for all of the illegals that are already paying taxes? Hmmmmmmmm?

The CBO certainly didn't factor in the mad dash to the Welfare office the very moment millions of illegals get amnesty.

This does not even go into the fact that even the biggest supporters of Amnesty say "anywhere from 8-20 million illegals are in the country." How the fuck can the CBO estimate a number that is measured by a 100% guess...

Public Employee Unions are a bigger cause of CA's budget problems. Excessive pension benefits are crowding out funds for actual services.

If the State agrees to pay a certain salary and certain pension benefits and never sets aside money to pay for those pensions why is it the union employees fault when it comes time to pay that pension?

Because it's common knowledge that public sector Unions are in bed with politicians who use them to buy votes. The Unions use the politicians to get contracts that the tax payers can't afford. In the end the tax payers, middle class and poor get screwed because public unions are on mass welfare.

Well stated, Avorysuds, unfortunately, leftwinger will ignore the obvious.

Left wingers, and Republicans in Washington.

Which begs the question, will conservative voters finally rid themselves of the trash in DC that NEVER uphold conservative beliefs? Most likely not.

Left wingers, and Republicans in Washington.

Which begs the question, will conservative voters finally rid themselves of the trash in DC that NEVER uphold conservative beliefs? Most likely not.

Prolly not.

I really don't care if the CBO projects that the granting of Shamnesty to 12,000,000 Illegal Aliens will (a) balance the budget, (b) cure cancer, (c) resolve the Jewish-Arab-Palestinian feud, (d) trigger World Peace and (e) get me laid every night...

Surrendering to an invasion of 12,000,000 Illegal Aliens and rewarding their lawbreaking and job-stealing by granting them their hearts' desire and allowing them to stay and giving them a path to citizenship is FAR too high a price for such outcome(s)...

Well, maybe all but that bit about (e)... that's a 'thinker'...
wink_smile.gif

If a poll came out that said that the majority of the illegals that will be made citizens plan to vote Republican, the Obama-nerds would demand we use drones and wiretapping to track down and kill every single one of them.

Not a single individual could counter my fact with a fact.

Instead, they continued to spout opinions debunked by the CBO.

Conservatives are immune to facts.

You could tell everyone that a Plague of Locusts will be good for the country because the insect-husks will eventually degrade and turn into fertilizer in the fields and save us billions of dollars next year in agricultural chemical costs and lower our food costs next year.

But it's still a phukking plague of locusts and very few want anything to do with them.

Conservatives don't like plagues of locusts either - neither do most folks of all political stripes who possess a single lick of common sense, come to think of it.

Last edited:

CBO has to use the numbers that are given to the dept. If not all the numbers are there, then the CBO numbers are going to be faulty, and usually are faulty....just look at the ACA. That's a fact.
I think most people that aren't partisan hacks can admit to this, and taken into consideration.

from what I understand, neither did the cbo report did not take into any states issues regards economics etc. how about wages?

exit question- why did Caesar Chavez fight tooth and nail any open immigration policy?

People on both sides love to point to CBO reports when they say what they want to hear but how often are the reports right? I guess that also depends on which side of the issue in question your on.

It's unemployed and aging Republicans that add to the deficit. To bad they can't be educated. Then we wouldn't need all those immigrants with degrees. Oh well, I might as well wish we never invaded Iraq or the Bush tax cuts or deregulated Wall Street. You can bet, if Gore had been president, that's tens of thousands of Americans not dead or maimed, no tax cuts for the rich, no deficit, no.......well, you get the picture.

It's unemployed and aging Republicans that add to the deficit. To bad they can't be educated. Then we wouldn't need all those immigrants with degrees. Oh well, I might as well wish we never invaded Iraq or the Bush tax cuts or deregulated Wall Street. You can bet, if Gore had been president, that's tens of thousands of Americans not dead or maimed, no tax cuts for the rich, no deficit, no.......well, you get the picture.
That is a huge lie, rdean. Social Security was begun as an insurance plan and was to have been placed in a fund for the people who put money into it for their old age. Instead of allowing it to accrue interest, the Congress stole that money after it failed to stay within its budget.

I'm sick of your lie, lie, lie, lie, lie, lie and lying about "aging" Republicans. We've done nothing but support this nation through taxes, volunteerism and service to our fellow Americans, and serving when called to bail the nation out financially when it gets in trouble by unwise politicians.

Knock it off.

CBO: Immigration bill would decrease deficit by $197 billion over 10 years - First Read

So much for the Republican Fairy Tale that immigrants add to the deficit.

Let's pass another Bill to build that fence, and still do nothing. ;)

Laws matter, right? Except when Statist's have a contrary agenda. ;)

Let's just tell everyone what we think they want to hear, that has worked until now. :lol: :lmao:

Yeah, we will make the Immigrants pay for the invisable fence. ;) :cuckoo:

No .... really..... It's there..... you just don't believe in it hard enough to see it;) :eusa_whistle:

Sort of reminds me of the old joke.....
Hey, Gomer, that's not my belly button! :eek:
Hey, Cindy, that's not my finger, either. ;)

You just keep believing Smilodonfatalis, Remind me though, how many times have we already paid for this elusive fence? Why should anyone expect the outcome be any different this time? :cuckoo:

CBO: Immigration bill would decrease deficit by $197 billion over 10 years - First Read

So much for the Republican Fairy Tale that immigrants add to the deficit.

Let's pass another Bill to build that fence, and still do nothing. ;)

Laws matter, right? Except when Statist's have a contrary agenda. ;)

Let's just tell everyone what we think they want to hear, that has worked until now. :lol: :lmao:

Yeah, we will make the Immigrants pay for the invisable fence. ;) :cuckoo:

No .... really..... It's there..... you just don't believe in it hard enough to see it;) :eusa_whistle:

Sort of reminds me of the old joke.....
Hey, Gomer, that's not my belly button! :eek:
Hey, Cindy, that's not my finger, either. ;)

You just keep believing Smilodonfatalis, Remind me though, how many times have we already paid for this elusive fence? Why should anyone expect the outcome be any different this time? :cuckoo:

It doesn't matter what they put in the bill, the Dems have no intention of following through on anything.

All they want is more votes. That is all this is about for them. They caused this problem in the first place by using magnets to get them in the country, refusing to secure the borders, and all they're doing is waiting to see if the GOP is stupid enough to vote with them on this happy horseshit.

Forum List

Back