CBS News: How the wealthy cut the vaccine line in DeSantis' Florida

It became very easy for the rich Palm Beach County to get the vaccine in Florida, while there was a big shortage in the low-income West Palm Beach county. Here's an excerpt from the new CBS News investigation. DeSantis has become synonym with corruption:

On January 5, Majtlis, a retired businessman, got his first shot at a fire station just a block from his home. A few days earlier, the town had been given a thousand doses from the state. The vaccine was in short supply. Residents were thrilled. But neighboring towns were upset that Palm Beach was the only town in all of palm beach county to get the life-saving shots for their seniors.

In other parts of the country, black people were getting the vaccine before Honkies.

I have black FB friends who got a shot ahead of white people here in PA.

Bill Gates father was part of planned parenthood, so connect the dots in eugenics.

Well I'm certainly not rich but I got my vaccine last month. Me and hundreds of others who aren't rich.

I'll just stand over here and LMAO.

It became very easy for the rich Palm Beach County to get the vaccine in Florida, while there was a big shortage in the low-income West Palm Beach county. Here's an excerpt from the new CBS News investigation. DeSantis has become synonym with corruption:

On January 5, Majtlis, a retired businessman, got his first shot at a fire station just a block from his home. A few days earlier, the town had been given a thousand doses from the state. The vaccine was in short supply. Residents were thrilled. But neighboring towns were upset that Palm Beach was the only town in all of palm beach county to get the life-saving shots for their seniors.

No one should be surprised by this.

I know I'm not.

Oh, yeah, one more aspect of the story. Publix.

First, the big money donors getting a vaccine shop set up right smack in the middle of their affluent development and only their residents allowed to get shots........when other people were driving 500 miles into the Panhandle to find a shot. And the developer's old man flying in from out of state to go to sonny's development for his shot.
THAT has been a big part of the local newspaper's criticism of DiSantis.

But Publix.
Publix did a decent job in rolling out and distributing their allocation of shots that DiSantis dropped in their lap. But everybody I talk to here thinks it was a pay-off.

WalGreens and CVS may have been a better than a grocery store. For one thing, there's more locations of those, and a proven record of vaccine distribution.
But Publix gave DiSantis a bunch of money.

As did he Publix heiress, Julie Francelli.
The very same heiress who funded Trump's January 6th Insurrection kick-off.
So Publix is getting plenty of heat here in the Sunshine State.

You forgot to mention Publix received $40 for every shot from Medicare. Although all shot givers receive that Publix certainly had a head start.

It was never a secret in my city that you could cut in line so to speak just by claiming you qualified when you signed up through the state health department. Nobody had to prove anything other than they were 18 or over. If you claimed to have a preexisting condition, they never asked about what it was.

I had to show my ID at Publix but on the form I had to fill out had 4 pre x and the pharmacist did not ask me anything about them.

DeSantis changed the CDC guidelines on distribution early on and although health care worker's could get the shot no other essential worker's could, he went to senior's first quite early on. I could have waited until all teachers, police, emts, retail and grocery store workers.

Giving Publix, Wal Mart, Kroger, whoever, the vaccine is a no brainer. They have the most easily accessible retail locations to serve the bulk of the population. 60 minutes tried to spin the fact that no Publix was near the old sugar producing company town into racist garbage. Prioritizing Seniors, 65 and over, was also the right call.

You need to look up the definition of "irony".
You fancy yourself a bright lad I think you know exactly what the irony is no matter how much you like to pretend otherwise.
There isn't any in the OP.
No the irony is in the CBS story and how they cover and present them depending on if the subject in question is a Democrat or a Republican. This is from the same media that for at least a year cast Andrew Cuomo as the greatest leader in American history for his Emmy winning leadership on covid. I suspect stuff like this goes on in every state under Republican and Democrat Governors but you would never know it based on how the media covers it and that is your irony.

Beyond irony is the bullshit behind the wealthy liberal elite are behind these class warfare exploits banking on this becoming a Democrat vs. Republican issue and perpetuating the myth that Democrats are for the little guy.

First, the big money donors getting a vaccine shop set up right smack in the middle of their affluent development and only their residents allowed to get shots........when other people were driving 500 miles into the Panhandle to find a shot. And the developer's old man flying in from out of state to go to sonny's development for his shot.

But Publix.
Publix did a decent job in rolling out and distributing their allocation of shots that DiSantis dropped in their lap. But everybody I talk to here thinks it was a pay-off.

WalGreens and CVS may have been a better than a grocery store. For one thing, there's more locations of those, and a proven record of vaccine distribution.

You forgot to mention Publix received $40 for every shot from Medicare. Although all shot givers receive that Publix certainly had a head start.

That is weird.

The shot is free in my state. No one gave any medicare or medicaid card. I wasn't asked for my private insurance card. I had it out to give to the lady who checked me in but she said that it wasn't needed.

The shot was totally free. No one was billed for the shots I got.

Yet Publix is getting 40 dollars per shot.

But Publix.

That is weird.

The shot is free in my state. No one gave any medicare or medicaid card. I wasn't asked for my private insurance card. I had it out to give to the lady who checked me in but she said that it wasn't needed.

The shot was totally free. No one was billed for the shots I got.

Yet Publix is getting 40 dollars per shot.

It is free to us the providers bill Medicare and receive $40.

What is pathetic is that the filthy racist Libtards wanted the Negroes to get the vaccine first. However, DeSantis didn't play that racist game. He used age as the criteria instead of race. That meant regardless of income.

My wife got hers in early January. I got mine in early February. Most of our friends got it in that same time frame.

DeSantis did a great job with the vaccine and with not shutting the state down because of the Wuhan virus here in Florida and the filthy Demcrats can't stand it. Just like they hated Trump making America great again.

Y’all steady lookin for picayune shit to get excited about.

Oh brother the whine fest---

Yes the elderly got priority over teachers as it should be---hence why florida deaths rate isn't as high as dem controlled areas
Yes, more affluent areas work harder and are better organized than the ghetto dem areas--------so hence like with everything else--they were far far more efficient in getting the shots out smoothly resulting in more shots being given out at a much quicker pace--
Yes having Public give out the shots is a fantastic ideal over the health departments---Public distribution is faster and better ran over our ghetto health departments. Public's are all over the place here-------------Health department and all their ineptude and variety of government handouts may be easier for the welfare ghetto class to travel to---but they aren't better at given out shots in mass nor are they easier for the working or retired classes that contribute to the state instead of being leaches to get to.
Lets face it---DeSANTIS has done a fantastic job getting the vaccines out and keeping floridas economy running and the dems communists and their media are just whinning to whine because DeSantis has been so efficient.

Yes, the Gov made sure the elderly got the vaccine first...they were the ones that had the most risk of death from the virus.

CBS News....no such thing.

You fancy yourself a bright lad I think you know exactly what the irony is no matter how much you like to pretend otherwise.
No the irony is in the CBS story and how they cover and present them depending on if the subject in question is a Democrat or a Republican. This is from the same media that for at least a year cast Andrew Cuomo as the greatest leader in American history for his Emmy winning leadership on covid. I suspect stuff like this goes on in every state under Republican and Democrat Governors but you would never know it based on how the media covers it and that is your irony.

Whataboutism at its finest..

The Media covered the Cuomo story comprehensively.. Nearly every senior Democrat told him to resign...
Democrats screw up, but they at least try and own the consequences...

Lets just compare the way Cuomo and Gaetz are being handled by the respective parties...
Cuomo was distanced and asked to resign...

Gaetz has received support from Jordan and Taylor-Greene.. There is no major call from GOP republicans to resign... They are doing the GOP scandal stance, say nothing and hope it all blows away...

Cuomo isn't a serial woman abuser because we made up a story about vaccines in Florida.

It was never a secret in my city that you could cut in line so to speak just by claiming you qualified when you signed up through the state health department. Nobody had to prove anything other than they were 18 or over. If you claimed to have a preexisting condition, they never asked about what it was.

I had to show my ID at Publix but on the form I had to fill out had 4 pre x and the pharmacist did not ask me anything about them.

DeSantis changed the CDC guidelines on distribution early on and although health care worker's could get the shot no other essential worker's could, he went to senior's first quite early on. I could have waited until all teachers, police, emts, retail and grocery store workers.

In my area, CVS would not jab anyone under age 65 or whatever the 1A & 1B age cutoff was even if they had a pre-existing condition that qualified them. I had a co-worker get turned away even though she qualified at the time for non-age related factors. I was able to get her in at the local hospital on a standby list by pulling some strings so as soon as they had an available extra jab they called her to drop everything and come in for it. I had her added to the list on Friday afternoon and she got the call Monday morning. It was only through the health department registration system did they not require you to state your pre-existing condition and then didn't ask you anything at the door when you got your vax. I know several people who jumped in line this way.

In my area, CVS would not jab anyone under age 65 or whatever the 1A & 1B age cutoff was even if they had a pre-existing condition that qualified them. I had a co-worker get turned away even though she qualified at the time for non-age related factors. I was able to get her in at the local hospital on a standby list by pulling some strings so as soon as they had an available extra jab they called her to drop everything and come in for it. I had her added to the list on Friday afternoon and she got the call Monday morning. It was only through the health department registration system did they not require you to state your pre-existing condition and then didn't ask you anything at the door when you got your vax. I know several people who jumped in line this way.

I registered directly with Publix on their website and the standard form to fill out was provided which I answered and listed my pre x. When I got to the store their was a check in person and I asked her about the pre x and she said the pharmacist would go over them. Did not happen even though I brought them up. I did have to show my state driver's license to the check in person even though been using their pharmacy for years.

Whataboutism at its finest..

The Media covered the Cuomo story comprehensively.. Nearly every senior Democrat told him to resign...
Democrats screw up, but they at least try and own the consequences...

Lets just compare the way Cuomo and Gaetz are being handled by the respective parties...
Cuomo was distanced and asked to resign...

Gaetz has received support from Jordan and Taylor-Greene.. There is no major call from GOP republicans to resign... They are doing the GOP scandal stance, say nothing and hope it all blows away...
Own the consequences? You idiot, the asshole Cuomo has refused to take ANY responsibility for anything HE did. There has been ZERO call from fellow idiots Xiden and Pisslosi for him to leave. Your ignorance of history is stunning. How dare Republicans wait for facts before doing anything.

Forum List

Back