CBS news suspends activity on Twitter

b9df8c75e22e0efa.jpeg

Communist Broadcasting Station aka CBS is back on Twitter now.....:rolleyes:

1668994051973.png

How is firing people who do nothing killing a business?
I seriously doubt that half the workforce at Twitter was doing nothing. IMHO, Musk knows how to build a business from scratch and run it but running a large business he knows little about and did not build is something quite different. I think he wants to cut Twitter down to a size that he can understand and run it and build it up. Otherwise he would not have dismissed all the Board, the CEO, CFO, and most the department heads. Since he is the sole owner he doesn't have to answer to stockholders, so he can do whatever he wants with Twitter.

Last edited:
I seriously doubt that half the workforce at Twitter was doing nothing. IMHO, Musk knows how to build a business from scratch and run it but running a large business he knows little about and did not build is something quite different. I think he wants to cut Twitter down to a size that he can understand and run it and build it up. Otherwise he would not have dismissed all the Board, the CEO, CFO, and most the department heads. Since he is the sole owner he doesn't have to answer to stockholders, so he can do whatever he wants with Twitter.
So you think Tesla is a small business…OK!!

So you think Tesla is a small business…OK!!
That is not what I said, nor implied. I said, "Musk knows how to build a business from scratch and run it but running a large business he knows little about and did not build is something quite different. Musk was a co-founder of Tesla in 2004, became CEO in 2008 and became largest shareholder. Musk became the driving force that made it the most valuable car company in the world. He founded and became the primary source of financing for his startups companies, SpaceX, Neuralink, and the Boring company.

Musk has never run a large business in which was not a founder. He was a founder and instrumental in the growth of all his companies, till he purchased Twitter.

That is not what I said, nor implied. I said, "Musk knows how to build a business from scratch and run it but running a large business he knows little about and did not build is something quite different. Musk was a co-founder of Tesla in 2004, became CEO in 2008 and became largest shareholder. Musk became the driving force that made it the most valuable car company in the world. He founded and became the primary source of financing for his startups companies, SpaceX, Neuralink, and the Boring company.

Musk has never run a large business in which was not a founder. He was a founder and instrumental in the growth of all his companies, till he purchased Twitter.
You don't have to be Einstein to realize that Musk never intended Twitter to be a mere Open Borders messaging platform.
Musk visits all of his facilities 24/7; Twitter will be adapted to allow groups of people to communicate with each other.

You don't have to be Einstein to realize that Musk never intended Twitter to be a mere Open Borders messaging platform.
Musk visits all of his facilities 24/7; Twitter will be adapted to allow groups of people to communicate with each other.
Very true. He said, he wants to see Twitter stop relying on advertising which means user fees. His first shot was a $19.95/mo membership fee which went over like a lead balloon. Then he started a $8.00 a month verification fee which is really not verification and it doesn't seem to be attractive to members. Then he reinstated Trump which brought about a number celerity cancelation. Then Trump said he probably won't use the service. It appears to me, he either doesn't know what he is doing or he doesn't know what he wants to do with Twitter.

Last edited:
So actually the claim of Twitter being a platform of Free Speech is actually a venture into a platform of "Musk Speech."

He can keep his Twitter. I left it when he said he was going to buy it.

Very true. He said, he wants to see Twitter stop relying on advertising which means user fees. His first shot was a $19.95/mo membership fee which when over like a lead balloon. Then he started a $8.00 a month verification fee which is really not verification and it doesn't seem to be attractive to members. Then he reinstated Trump which brought about a number celerity cancelation. Then Trump said he probably won't use the service. It appears to me, he either doesn't know what he is doing or he doesn't know what he wants to do with Twitter.
He should stick to making EV and firing rockets into space.

Very true. He said, he wants to see Twitter stop relying on advertising which means user fees. His first shot was a $19.95/mo membership fee which when over like a lead balloon. Then he started a $8.00 a month verification fee which is really not verification and it doesn't seem to be attractive to members. Then he reinstated Trump which brought about a number celerity cancelation. Then Trump said he probably won't use the service. It appears to me, he either doesn't know what he is doing or he doesn't know what he wants to do with Twitter.
He will wind up hooking the servers up to his current businesses and adapt the software for internal corporate usage.
Whether or not he will be able to attract business for Internal Corporate Usage is another question.

So actually the claim of Twitter being a platform of Free Speech is actually a venture into a platform of "Musk Speech."

He can keep his Twitter. I left it when he said he was going to buy it.
I used it for 6 months but found I have little interest in tweeting. Facebook is more interesting and has lot more to offer.

He will wind up hooking the servers up to his current businesses and adapt the software for internal corporate usage.
Whether or not he will be able to attract business for Internal Corporate Usage is another question.
I can't believe he paid 44 million for that. With a net worth of 184 billion, he can afford to do anything he wants with it.

I can't believe he paid 44 million for that. With a net worth of 184 billion, he can afford to do anything he wants with it.
Musk is only worth what his stock is worth.
If this causes his stock to flop, that's his choice to make.

I used it for 6 months but found I have little interest in tweeting. Facebook is more interesting and has lot more to offer.
Exactly my feeling. I really do not know that many people who use Twitter. Facebook is more family oriented.

Forum List

Back