CDC Shows 2 Million Crimes Stopped Annually

So the NRA and 2A 'gun nuts' have been right all along.

I am sure the Gun Grabbing Nazis will apologize any day now, roflmao.

Unpublished CDC Study Confirms over 2 Million Annual Defensive Gun Uses

Now, a CDC study conducted on data from 1996, 1997, and 1998 has been uncovered. The study, which was never released to the public, shows approximately 2.46 million DGUs per year.

Kleck summarized the CDC findings:

In 1996, 1997, and 1998, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) conducted large-scale national surveys asking about defensive gun use (DGU). They never released the findings, or even acknowledged they had studied the topic. I obtained the unpublished raw data and computed the prevalence of DGU. CDC’s findings indicated that an average of 2.46 million U.S. adults used a gun for self-defense in each of the years from 1996 through 1998 – almost exactly confirming the estimate for 1992 of Kleck and Gertz (1995). Possible reasons for CDC’s suppression of these findings are discussed.

On April 20, 2018, Reason magazine quoted Kleck’s reaction to the unpublished CDC findings; he explained that a figure of 2.46 million DGUs a year “[implies] that guns were used defensively by victims about 3.6 times as often as they were used offensively by criminals.”​

There should be a powerful swamp lobby group that pays politicians to pass laws which ban unbiased empirical studies that inform the American public of critical health issues to be published.

Oh wait ...

If two million violent crimes are prevented every single year where are the perpetrators going after they are shot? Even if only 10% of them are winged much less killed that's 600 criminals a day showing up in emergency rooms across the US. Where are they?

They aren't shot......when an actual criminal is confronted by an armed victim they run away, surrender get shot but not killed or, in 230 cases each year, they are killed by the victim with the gun...

This is the typical result of a self defense gun use....

So, every single time a criminal is confronted with a gun he just runs away? You can't seriously believe that. As previously noted even if only 10% of them are shot that's 600 people with holes in them a day showing up in emergency rooms.

And that's just not happening.

If you were confronted by a gun? Yes, you run.

You stupid?

No, if I have a gun and I'm confronted by someone who is ready and willing to shoot/kill me I shoot him.

You stupid?

Yes.

No, you would run. I’m sure, you’d run

It’s what losers do

Up yours dipstick.

So, every single time a criminal is confronted with a gun he just runs away? You can't seriously believe that. As previously noted even if only 10% of them are shot that's 600 people with holes in them a day showing up in emergency rooms.

You stupid?
No, if I have a gun and I'm confronted by someone who is ready and willing to shoot/kill me I shoot him.

You stupid?

Yes.
That's great, but I'm not sure what that has to do with the 10% figure you pulled out of your ass, where you got your emergency room statistics, your failure to address the fact (that you admitted) that blacks/hispanics (and not guns) cause crime, etc...
Wtf are you talking about?

I tell you what, when you get your shit together get back to me.
You got Alzheimer's or you're just stupid?

As previously noted even if only 10% of them are shot that's 600 people with holes in them a day showing up in emergency rooms.

So explain why various countries in Europe, like Switzerland, have more guns* and fewer homicides* than the UK.
*rates
Homogeneous population.

You're welcome.
Don't be stupider than you have to be.

You stupid?

You stupid?

Yes.
That's great, but I'm not sure what that has to do with the 10% figure you pulled out of your ass, where you got your emergency room statistics, your failure to address the fact (that you admitted) that blacks/hispanics (and not guns) cause crime, etc...

As previously noted even if only 10% of them are shot that's 600 people with holes in them a day showing up in emergency rooms.

So explain why various countries in Europe, like Switzerland, have more guns* and fewer homicides* than the UK.
*rates
Homogeneous population.

You're welcome.
Ah, so you're just stupid (and full of shit). Thanks for clarifying.

You stupid?

Yes.

*rates
Homogeneous population.

You're welcome.
Why are you ignoring my excellent advice?

*rates
Homogeneous population.

You're welcome.
Because you're a turd who won't stand by what he said. A lying piece of shit. I have no respect for those people, and therefore none for you.

*rates
Homogeneous population.

You're welcome.
Because you're a turd who won't stand by what he said. A lying piece of shit. I have no respect for those people, and therefore none for you.
Youre pissed because I won't stand by what you imagined I said?

Jesus you're stupid.

You're welcome.

Jesus you're stupid.
I quoted exactly what you said. No imagination needed, stupid.

Just think how knowing that there may be guns in a home or thinking that somebody may be carrying have stopped a potential crimes?

Just think that doing away with firearms like these asshole Libtards want to do will be like a green light to commit more crimes.

Jesus you're stupid.
I quoted exactly what you said. No imagination needed, stupid.
You interpreted what I said the way you wanted to, stupid. Stop making shit up.

They aren't shot......when an actual criminal is confronted by an armed victim they run away, surrender get shot but not killed or, in 230 cases each year, they are killed by the victim with the gun...

This is the typical result of a self defense gun use....

You stupid?

You stupid?

Yes.

No, you would run. I’m sure, you’d run

It’s what losers do

Up yours dipstick.

Not into what you’re into, but hey, you can dream I guess

Just think how knowing that there may be guns in a home or thinking that somebody may be carrying have stopped a potential crimes?

Just think that doing away with firearms like these asshole Libtards want to do will be like a green light to commit more crimes.
Weird, I was just think that an idiot with a gun is just a dangerous idiot.

True, just as dangerous as an idiot in a car.

But neither really freak me out, I just go about my business

If you are a stupid Moon Bat then you would think that.

The British troops that marched on Lexington and Concord also thought the Americans were dangerous with their arms.

We know what side you Moon Bats would been on, don't we?

Last edited:

My swimming pool is significantly more dangerous than my firearms.

If you are a stupid Moon Bat then would think that.

The British troops that marched on Lexington and Concord also thought the Americans were dangerous with their arms.

We know what side you Moon Bats would been on, don't we?
Lol, I think you've got that backwards my friend. Don't worry though, there are plenty of other conservative leaning types here with the same problems.

What, you can't swim?

What, you can't swim?

I can swim better than you can shoot, I would bet.

What, you can't swim?

I can swim better than you can shoot, I would bet.
Then why are you scared of your pool?

Forum List

Back