Celebs and Plastic Surgery

Celebrities are a kind of prostitute. They earn their living by looking good. You'll notice you don't see any stars in tv shows or in movies who have an acne problem. When you're paid that much, you do whatever you can to look good and ensure the fame and adoration continues. As celebs get older and their bodies change they resort to cosmetic surgery often times. Nature of the beast. Until we as fans quit caring so much about how people look heaping our superficial fair-weather love onto them, they'll keep making sure we continue loving them for looking nice.

Celeb cosmetic surgery is our fault, not their's.

I'm just a regular woman, and I feel the pressure. I feel uncomfortable to leave my house without looking my best. I'm afraid that people would look at me and think I was ugly or something.

So . . . what do you think about celebs and plastic surgery? Do you think they've crossed a line in order to maintain their beauty and youth? What do you think about the doctors who perform these surgeries. Some of them will perform multiple surgeries on the same patient, even though there are always risks involved with general anesthesia.

Does anyone else think that some celebrities who have had plastic surgery look like the Joker? :lol:

Let's compare, shall we?

joker-smile-surgery-300x222.jpg

Meg-Ryan-Lip-Augmentation.jpg

o-KIM-NOVAK-facebook.jpg

Good grief, if anyone does NOT need plastic surgery, it is Katherine Zeta Jones!!! :omg:

scary-celebrity-plastic-surgery-before--large-msg-135108359634.jpg

Megan Fox in particular seems to have taken a distinct turn "downhill" because of it.

MeganFoxBeforeAndAfterPlasticSurgery.jpg

At 28, she's only 2 years older than I am. However, she looks waaaay older.

It's sad, really.

Edit:

Lol. I didn't realize it'd be posted so many times before.
lol.gif

Last edited:
I think most of them look worse than they would have if they just aged naturally. Taking care of your body and your skin, using a bit of cosmetics, and for women, coloring the hair until at some point when it looks ridiculous: that's good enough. Most of those who have done plastic surgery look freakish. IMO.

and some of them are YOUNG when they get their first operation. There's Megan Fox. She is still stunningly beautiful, but I think she was prettier before.

12745.jpg
The fountain of youth is their motivator and most of them look like old people trying to look young. Shame Elizabeth Taylor started the trend when she was 14 and had a nose clip. [according to to an article I read, that may or may not be truthful]

The only thing moving on the faces of many, are the lips, and these days the upper one is filled with collagen, making it larger than the bottom one which is usually 1.5 times larger than the top one at birth.

Men are having it done too, now. Hollyweird! :lmao: Plastic fantastic.

I'm with it: have you seen Queen Latifah and Chaka Khan???

Post some pics! Are you saying you think their surgeries were an improvement? I'm sure that in some cases they may be, but the risks involved are really quite high in order to have a prettier nose. :)

"....the risks involved...."

But they are risks assumed by an individual, and after careful consideration.

Believe it or not, some folks actually took the risk of voting for Barack Obama (peace be on him).

True, but society also puts pressure on women to be young and beautiful. As most women celebrities age, they start to lose roles to younger, more attractive women. That is a fact. Women are judged on appearances alone in a lot of cases, and this is usually done by men.

When you were always "beautiful" and start aging and losing out to younger women, the pressure must be quite intense.
Sorry, I don't buy it. That sounds like typical 'it's always a guy's fault' logic. Yes, many women skate by on their looks and face the grim facts of life when they loose their looks but other women develop a skill set and rely on that.

To offer a celebrity example I recently saw a movie with Meryl Streep, who I don't care for personally but it was one hell of an acting job. The movie was Osage County or something like that. She may even have been made up older looking, whatever the case her looks were not flattering.

I'm just a regular woman, and I feel the pressure. I feel uncomfortable to leave my house without looking my best. I'm afraid that people would look at me and think I was ugly or something.
Fuckem. Let them think what they want, you don't owe them anything. Live on the edge! Step out without the war paint.

To be fair, Mickey Rourke got his face smashed in during his "I wanna' be a Boxer" phase. I guess he tried to fix it and that was the result.
I was wondering about that. He bulked up pretty good and steroids can add density to the face as well. He must have taken a hell of a beating!

Until we as fans quit caring so much about how people look heaping our superficial fair-weather love onto them, they'll keep making sure we continue loving them for looking nice.

Celeb cosmetic surgery is our fault, not their's.
The way that they look is not the reason why my favorites are my favorites. :) :) :)

God bless you and them always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

I know Queen Latifah had breast reduction, but if she had her face done it was good.

True, but society also puts pressure on women to be young and beautiful. As most women celebrities age, they start to lose roles to younger, more attractive women. That is a fact. Women are judged on appearances alone in a lot of cases, and this is usually done by men.

When you were always "beautiful" and start aging and losing out to younger women, the pressure must be quite intense.
Sorry, I don't buy it. That sounds like typical 'it's always a guy's fault' logic. Yes, many women skate by on their looks and face the grim facts of life when they loose their looks but other women develop a skill set and rely on that.

To offer a celebrity example I recently saw a movie with Meryl Streep, who I don't care for personally but it was one hell of an acting job. The movie was Osage County or something like that. She may even have been made up older looking, whatever the case her looks were not flattering.

Are you a male? If so, you must know that I'm correct. Men most certainly judge women based upon their appearances.

So . . . what do you think about celebs and plastic surgery? Do you think they've crossed a line in order to maintain their beauty and youth? What do you think about the doctors who perform these surgeries. Some of them will perform multiple surgeries on the same patient, even though there are always risks involved with general anesthesia.

Does anyone else think that some celebrities who have had plastic surgery look like the Joker? :lol:

Let's compare, shall we?

joker-smile-surgery-300x222.jpg

Meg-Ryan-Lip-Augmentation.jpg

o-KIM-NOVAK-facebook.jpg

Good grief, if anyone does NOT need plastic surgery, it is Katherine Zeta Jones!!! :omg:

scary-celebrity-plastic-surgery-before--large-msg-135108359634.jpg

Megan Fox in particular seems to have taken a distinct turn "downhill" because of it.

MeganFoxBeforeAndAfterPlasticSurgery.jpg

At 28, she's only 2 years older than I am. However, she looks waaaay older.

It's sad, really.

Edit:

Lol. I didn't realize it'd be posted so many times before.
lol.gif

What about the others I posted? Joker or no joker? :biggrin:

what whiners

the only one who had good plastic surgery was Joan Rivers

the rest look liked freaks and clowns at times

Good surgery? Joan had SOME good surgery, but way too much. Most of her photos are not at all flattering if you look closely, and her nose was ruined years ago from so many tweaks.

what whiners

Good surgery? Joan had SOME good surgery, but way too much. Most of her photos are not at all flattering if you look closely, and her nose was ruined years ago from so many tweaks.

Her nose is really messed up looking, very similar to MJ's.

what whiners

Her nose is really messed up looking, very similar to MJ's.

She def went overboard with the nose. Way overboard.

Forum List

Back