Celebs and Plastic Surgery

Sorry, but I don't think that what you describe is nearly as widespread an issue. This issue with youthfulness and beauty goes beyond Hollywood and seeps into regular society and regular girls, who then have self esteem issues. Add onto that, they listen to and admire "artists" such as Nicki Minaj, and you have a recipe for disaster. Teen girls are incredibly susceptible to this kind of stuff.

Yeah, that's the nature of life. Young girls are hugely attractive. This is the best that they're ever going to look in their entire lives. They're spoiled by all the male attention. They don't want to give that up as they age and see younger women coming up behind them. This isn't something that a campaign can fix - this is human nature.

You are completely missing the point. The point is that this encourages unhealthy habits and ideas in young girls. I read a story about a mom who had her daughter get Botox when she was 8. The saddest part was that the little girl actually thought she had wrinkles. How effing sad is that? I can just imagine the train wreck she's going to be as an adult.

Mom gives Botox to 8-year-old daughter...Say what - Parents - TODAY.com

As for Britney, she's allegedly fine – even thankful – of her mom's efforts. "My friends think it's cool I have all the treatments and they want to be like me. I check every night for wrinkles, and when I see some I want more injections," the 8-year-old says.

I thought you were talking about women's views on youth and beauty, not plastic surgery. Yeah, I see your point about the mainstreaming of PS as a means to keep something that is fading or to enhance one's appearance.

As for the 8 year old, idiot parents, what can you do?

what whiners

the only one who had good plastic surgery was Joan Rivers

the rest look liked freaks and clowns at times
You think Joan Rivers' surgery was good? Ha! That's hilarious. I think all plastic surgery is a fraud.
I agree, Joan Rivers looked awful. She's one of those who didn't know when to stop.

yeah she had a lot of surgery, but I thought she looked OK and she was 81 YEARS old

I thought you were talking about women's views on youth and beauty, not plastic surgery. Yeah, I see your point about the mainstreaming of PS as a means to keep something that is fading or to enhance one's appearance.

I'm talking about both, women and girls. It's overall unhealthy for both. Don't you think?

Beat her up? :biggrin:

And don't even get me started on Kenny Rogers. he used to be so handsome. Now? Ick. Same with that icky wayne newton.

And don't even get me started on Kenny Rogers. he used to be so handsome. Now? Ick. Same with that icky wayne newton.

I don't know why some come out of face lifts looking good and others..:ack-1:

I'm talking about both, women and girls. It's overall unhealthy for both. Don't you think?

For girls, I think their parents have steered them wrong, same with friends. For women, well they like the benefits that come with beauty. I think of it like guys getting hairpieces. It gives them a self-confidence boost, helps with women, but they're still chrome domes underneath. People find benefit in fooling themselves.

Sorry, but I don't think that what you describe is nearly as widespread an issue. This issue with youthfulness and beauty goes beyond Hollywood and seeps into regular society and regular girls, who then have self esteem issues. Add onto that, they listen to and admire "artists" such as Nicki Minaj, and you have a recipe for disaster. Teen girls are incredibly susceptible to this kind of stuff.

Yeah, that's the nature of life. Young girls are hugely attractive. This is the best that they're ever going to look in their entire lives. They're spoiled by all the male attention. They don't want to give that up as they age and see younger women coming up behind them. This isn't something that a campaign can fix - this is human nature.

You are completely missing the point. The point is that this encourages unhealthy habits and ideas in young girls. I read a story about a mom who had her daughter get Botox when she was 8. The saddest part was that the little girl actually thought she had wrinkles. How effing sad is that? I can just imagine the train wreck she's going to be as an adult.

As for Britney, she's allegedly fine – even thankful – of her mom's efforts. "My friends think it's cool I have all the treatments and they want to be like me. I check every night for wrinkles, and when I see some I want more injections," the 8-year-old says.

I wonder if you realize how many young women are getting cosmetic surgery, from nose jobs to breast implants. It's all the rage among the rich kids in Hollywood, LA, and other "trendy" cities.

Teens Getting Breast Implants for Graduation Womens eNews

For girls, I think their parents have steered them wrong, same with friends. For women, well they like the benefits that come with beauty. I think of it like guys getting hairpieces. It gives them a self-confidence boost, helps with women, but they're still chrome domes underneath. People find benefit in fooling themselves.

Fooling themselves? It's the public who pays these celebrities. Who's fooling who? :biggrin:

I wonder if you realize how many young women are getting cosmetic surgery, from nose jobs to breast implants. It's all the rage among the rich kids in Hollywood, LA, and other "trendy" cities.

Teens Getting Breast Implants for Graduation Womens eNews

How is this any different than other female fads? Women convincing themselves that they need to have sex with lots of guys or they'll miss out on life, the Sex in the City lifestyle created by a gay man, or that having a career is a must-do for women, etc. Reason can't penetrate whatever is driving this dynamic. These fads all revolve around symbolism, visions of what constitutes a "good life" and they're all informed by a manufactured reality. Women are very focused on consensus, so when culture determines something women tend to go with the herd.

What I'm worried about is the rise of the "kick-ass babe" phenomenon because I think this could actually hurt women if they think that they can go toe-to-toe with big burly guys.

I think Megan definitely had her cheeks and lips done. She looks like she had cheek implants because her cheek bones are higher now, and her face is much thinner.

Exactly. She looks bony now, and her mouth is weird and unnatural, like she's had botox injections.

It appears to have taken a toll on her skin as well.

I think Megan definitely had her cheeks and lips done. She looks like she had cheek implants because her cheek bones are higher now, and her face is much thinner.

Exactly. She looks bony now, and her mouth is weird and unnatural, like she's had botox injections.

Age takes a toll on your skin. Find a teenager who lost weight and compare to an old person who lost weight. The old person has flabs of skins hanging around whereas the young teenager's skin snaps back much easier. We lose skin elasticity as we age. Once scientists figure out how to fix that problem, watch out, plastic surgery will have entered into the realm of hyperspace.

Age takes a toll on your skin. Find a teenager who lost weight and compare to an old person who lost weight. The old person has flabs of skins hanging around whereas the young teenager's skin snaps back much easier. We lose skin elasticity as we age. Once scientists figure out how to fix that problem, watch out, plastic surgery will have entered into the realm of hyperspace.
It will improve, but they already do body lifts ... buttocks, bellies, arms, hands...

I think most of them look worse than they would have if they just aged naturally. Taking care of your body and your skin, using a bit of cosmetics, and for women, coloring the hair until at some point when it looks ridiculous: that's good enough. Most of those who have done plastic surgery look freakish. IMO.

and some of them are YOUNG when they get their first operation. There's Megan Fox. She is still stunningly beautiful, but I think she was prettier before.

12745.jpg
Yes, I can see the difference now. Though I am not familiar with this actress, I can see how she ruined her looks. She looks much, much better in the first picture.

Yes, I heard about this at the time. A clear cut case of child abuse, imo.

Celebrity-Raquel-Welch-Plastic-Surgery-Before-After.jpg

If she has had surgery, she has a good surgeon.

raquel_welch.jpg

I think she has probably taken very good care of herself. In the 'now' picture she is 69.

The best ways to help yourself maintain a good appearance are sunscreen, diet and exercise. You're going to age anyway, but you can age 'gracefully' if you keep in good health, eat right and exercise, drink lots of water, etc. Smoking and the sun are the worst things for your skin.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back