Celebs and Plastic Surgery

I still think it is something in the self that causes it. Those same people tend to want people to focus on their looks so lean towards entertainment. They are looking for approval or self worth from outside, not within.

I am average, and at times have been quite large. I wear little to no makeup. I've never had trouble with the guys. Men don't have it any better. It is just about the wallet rather than the looks more often than not.

Biologically, men want women who will likely produce healthy, attractive babies, and women want men who are able to provide for them and their children, IMO.

I still think it is something in the self that causes it. Those same people tend to want people to focus on their looks so lean towards entertainment. They are looking for approval or self worth from outside, not within.

I am average, and at times have been quite large. I wear little to no makeup. I've never had trouble with the guys. Men don't have it any better. It is just about the wallet rather than the looks more often than not.

Biologically, men want women who will likely produce healthy, attractive babies, and women want men who are able to provide for them and their children, IMO.

I agree with that, and I don't think there is anything wrong with makeup, hair styling and looking your best, but the plastic surgery thing is just getting a bit out of control IMO. People should realize that they have to learn to love themselves, flaws and all.

I also agree that there are some underlying issues when a person is willing to go under the knife. I've seen women with perfectly beautiful breasts talk about having breast implants. I'm like, why? There is absolutely nothing wrong with your breasts!! Huge breasts do not equal nice breasts anyway. I think the plastic surgery "basketballs" (especially when a woman is thin), look absolutely terrible. It looks like someone stuck two big balls onto their chests! And then there's the pain that they have afterwards. To me, it is just NOT worth it, and I think you must have some issues to want to tolerate all of that and the possibility of complications occurring and perhaps even losing your life, just to have breasts that are a few cup sizes larger. So stupid!!! :rolleyes-41:

@ChrisL

Yeah, at times I think it would be nice to get a tuck to put everything back in place, but the reward would be minimal and the risk too great. Overall, I am happy with my looks. I think that comes more from age than actual beauty, though.

@ChrisL

Yeah, at times I think it would be nice to get a tuck to put everything back in place, but the reward would be minimal and the risk too great. Overall, I am happy with my looks. I think that comes more from age than actual beauty, though.

And confidence IS beautiful! :smile:

I can only imagine what it must be like to live with such a person, like a celebrity. "Do I look fat?" "Look at my wrinkles!" "Me, me, me . . . I, I, I." :uhoh3:

@ChrisL

I would feel like I cheated.

Plastic surgery rule: less is more.

Know who this is? Pam Anderson. She was freaking adorable in her youth. Then, the knife. Blech.

blog080713_pamela.jpg

Know who looks fantastic (don't know if she had anything done, I don't think so). Betty White!

MV5BMjA2OTA5NTUyMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjMwNzYzMw@@._V1_SY317_CR10,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Hope I look this good when I'm 90!

Plastic surgery rule: less is more.

Know who this is? Pam Anderson. She was freaking adorable in her youth. Then, the knife. Blech.

blog080713_pamela.jpg

Know who looks fantastic (don't know if she had anything done, I don't think so). Betty White!

MV5BMjA2OTA5NTUyMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjMwNzYzMw@@._V1_SY317_CR10,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Hope I look this good when I'm 90!

True, but to be fair to some of these celebs. A lot of the "comparison" pictures are comparing them now to like 20 and 30 years ago. Of course some aren't going to look nearly as beautiful in their late 40s and 50s as when they were in the 20s and 30s.

Betty White is an amazing woman and so funny too!

Edit: Definitely too much makeup and too much hair on Pamela though. I think you are right and that she would be doing herself a favor to tone it down a bit. Lol.

Last edited:
I think Megan definitely had her cheeks and lips done. She looks like she had cheek implants because her cheek bones are higher now, and her face is much thinner.

Exactly. She looks bony now, and her mouth is weird and unnatural, like she's had botox injections.

It appears to have taken a toll on her skin as well.

Age takes a toll on your skin. Find a teenager who lost weight and compare to an old person who lost weight. The old person has flabs of skins hanging around whereas the young teenager's skin snaps back much easier. We lose skin elasticity as we age. Once scientists figure out how to fix that problem, watch out, plastic surgery will have entered into the realm of hyperspace.

Sure. But, again, however, she's only 28.

She looks quite a bit older than her age.

MEN are not judged strictly on their appearances, as women are, that goes especially for women who are celebrities when really, unless you're playing the role of a beauty queen, it really shouldn't matter. I think I would enjoy seeing some regular looking people in the movies sometimes. I always enjoyed Clint Eastwood westerns, and the people in those movies were not "beautiful" people.

There are PLENTY of male actors who are not visually attractive. It only seems to matter for women.

To be fair, you're not going to see a lot of men like the following in the movies either.

1006263.jpg

There are also a fair number of female actresses out there that I wouldn't consider to be especially "sexy" (Sissy Spacek, Kathy Bates, Joan Cussak, Queen Latifa, etca).

You also have to keep in mind that a lot of the pressure on women to appear "pristine" all the time comes from other women, not men. Guys will certainly appreciate if a woman looks nice, but we usually won't be anywhere near as judgmental as women tend to be if she doesn't.

We probably won't notice her at all, to be honest. lol

Last edited:
Don't know how to chime in here without coming off like a bit of a fetishist, but I think Meredith Vieira is one of the most beautiful celebrities around today. Bar none.

I think plastic surgery for women is a lot like Shatneresque rugs (or bad hair plugs) for men.

What's the point, if it looks like crap and everyone knows it's been done? :dunno:

Oh my goodness, so true! If you don't think women are the worst critics, attend a Miss America Pageant gathering. 50 of the prettiest college coeds and this is what you will hear:

"Horse teeth!"
"Who let her pick that dress?"
"Really, that's the best New Jersey has to offer?"
"Couldn't she comb her hair?"
"Those are fake."
"Someone should have told her that makes her look paunchy."

MEN are not judged strictly on their appearances, as women are, that goes especially for women who are celebrities when really, unless you're playing the role of a beauty queen, it really shouldn't matter. I think I would enjoy seeing some regular looking people in the movies sometimes. I always enjoyed Clint Eastwood westerns, and the people in those movies were not "beautiful" people.

There are PLENTY of male actors who are not visually attractive. It only seems to matter for women.

To be fair, you're not going to see a lot of men like the following in the movies.

1006263.jpg

There are also a fair number of female actresses out there that I wouldn't consider to be especially "sexy" (Sissy Spacek, Kathy Bates, Joan Cussak, Queen Latifa, etca).

You also have to keep in mind that a lot of the pressure on women to appear "pristine" all the time comes from other women, not men. Guys will certainly appreciate if a woman looks nice, but we usually won't be anywhere near as judgmental as women tend to be if she doesn't.

We probably won't notice her at all, to be honest. lol

I had to look her up because, although the name was familiar, I could not place her. I agree she is beautiful and looks natural. If she had any work done, it was a superb job.

http://www.metro.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/meredith-vieira.jpg

ETA: a "t" that escaped

Don't know how to chime in here without coming off like a bit of a fetishist, but I think Meredith Vieira is one of the most beautiful celebrities around today. Bar none.

I think plastic surgery for women is a lot like Shatneresque rugs (or bad hair plugs) for men.

What's the point, if it looks like crap and everyone knows it's been done? :dunno:

Oh my goodness, so true! If you don't think women are the worst critics, attend a Miss America Pageant gathering. 50 of the prettiest college coeds and this is what you will hear:

"Horse teeth!"
"Who let her pick that dress?"
"Really, that's the best New Jersey has to offer?"
"Couldn't she comb her hair?"
"Those are fake."
"Someone should have told her that makes her look paunchy."

You think that's why women get breast implants and butt implants?

Forum List

Back