Celebs and Plastic Surgery

This makes me think of a South Park episode based around a pretty vs interesting idea. It seemed people listened to the pretty girls talk about idiotic things. As I have aged and I know more gals AND guys who have aged it is amazing who no longer commands the attention in public. Happens to the poor gals first but enough of my guy friends seem to have had a rough life.

This makes me understand the plastic surgery. Especially for folks who have their looks make up a large percentage of their self worth.

Like all things it can be taken too far. Tons of gals can add a cup or two and get more cleavage stares. Some just take it to an extreme and get a different kind of stare.

This makes me think of a South Park episode based around a pretty vs interesting idea. It seemed people listened to the pretty girls talk about idiotic things. As I have aged and I know more gals AND guys who have aged it is amazing who no longer commands the attention in public. Happens to the poor gals first but enough of my guy friends seem to have had a rough life.

This makes me understand the plastic surgery. Especially for folks who have their looks make up a large percentage of their self worth.

Like all things it can be taken too far. Tons of gals can add a cup or two and get more cleavage stares. Some just take it to an extreme and get a different kind of stare.

:ack-1:

Lolo-Ferrari.jpg

I think most of them look worse than they would have if they just aged naturally. Taking care of your body and your skin, using a bit of cosmetics, and for women, coloring the hair until at some point when it looks ridiculous: that's good enough. Most of those who have done plastic surgery look freakish. IMO.
Joanne Woodward is one of the film actresses I admire. She allowed herself to age naturally. I believe she did that because of personal self confidence. That in itself is admirable.

article-1063705-02D1BF2800000578-26_468x459.jpg

tumblr_luto5fDj6r1qcaz19.bmp

Exactly, she is lovely woman! It's kind of rotten when you think of the pressure that Hollywood puts upon women to remain young-looking. You don't see that kind of pressure on men because they aren't judged on their appearance alone. This, of course, overflows into regular society and we feel this pressure that we always have to look beautiful and young.

But Hollywood doesn't put that pressure on, not really. It's the public. Young beautiful starlets reap an unearned reward for their beauty because the public enjoys looking at beautiful women. Age takes away that beauty and the public doesn't so much like looking at old women. You could, say, magically reform Hollywood and the public reaction would still be in place.

You're right, men aren't judged as much on their appearance and they also don't get the same benefits afforded to beautiful women.

There is no injustice here. No one is snatching away from beautiful women something that they've earned for themselves.

I think most of them look worse than they would have if they just aged naturally. Taking care of your body and your skin, using a bit of cosmetics, and for women, coloring the hair until at some point when it looks ridiculous: that's good enough. Most of those who have done plastic surgery look freakish. IMO.
Joanne Woodward is one of the film actresses I admire. She allowed herself to age naturally. I believe she did that because of personal self confidence. That in itself is admirable.

Exactly, she is lovely woman! It's kind of rotten when you think of the pressure that Hollywood puts upon women to remain young-looking. You don't see that kind of pressure on men because they aren't judged on their appearance alone. This, of course, overflows into regular society and we feel this pressure that we always have to look beautiful and young.

But Hollywood doesn't put that pressure on, not really. It's the public. Young beautiful starlets reap an unearned reward for their beauty because the public enjoys looking at beautiful women. Age takes away that beauty and the public doesn't so much like looking at old women. You could, say, magically reform Hollywood and the public reaction would still be in place.

You're right, men aren't judged as much on their appearance and they also don't get the same benefits afforded to beautiful women.

There is no injustice here. No one is snatching away from beautiful women something that they've earned for themselves.

I'm not saying that they earned anything. I'm saying that society and Hollywood put a lot of pressure on actresses to remain young and beautiful. This is the reason why these women mutilate themselves.

Megan Fox in particular seems to have taken a distinct turn "downhill" because of it.

MeganFoxBeforeAndAfterPlasticSurgery.jpg

At 28, she's only 2 years older than I am. However, she looks waaaay older.

It's sad, really.

Edit:

Lol. I didn't realize it'd be posted so many times before.
lol.gif

That looks more like weight gain than plastic surgery. Here she is post baby #2 this year. The first photo is from Jan 2014 and the 2nd photo is from Feb. 2014

8ab308b1aa919b0af05cd7580a3fa70facb8157e.jpg

wenn20061589a__oPt.jpg

Megan Fox in particular seems to have taken a distinct turn "downhill" because of it.

It's sad, really.

Edit:

lol.gif

That looks more like weight gain than plastic surgery. Here she is post baby #2 this year. The first photo is from Jan 2014 and the 2nd photo is from Feb. 2014

wenn20061589a__oPt.jpg

Her face was fuller before. I'm pretty sure she wasn't preggers in either photo. Did you see the dates on the photos?

I think Megan definitely had her cheeks and lips done. She looks like she had cheek implants because her cheek bones are higher now, and her face is much thinner.

I'm not saying that they earned anything. I'm saying that society and Hollywood put a lot of pressure on actresses to remain young and beautiful. This is the reason why these women mutilate themselves.

I can't recall exactly which movie it was, either North Dallas 40 or Semi-Toough, but there was a lot of pressure on an injured player to shoot cortisone into his injured knee so that he could prolong his time int he NFL.

I'm just not seeing this pressure argument in play. These actresses could retire or shift to supporting roles but they don't want that, they want to prolong their time at the top. The only pressure comes from within themselves. Same with the athletes.

I can't recall exactly which movie it was, either North Dallas 40 or Semi-Toough, but there was a lot of pressure on an injured player to shoot cortisone into his injured knee so that he could prolong his time int he NFL.

I'm just not seeing this pressure argument in play. These actresses could retire or shift to supporting roles but they don't want that, they want to prolong their time at the top. The only pressure comes from within themselves. Same with the athletes.

Sorry, but I don't think that what you describe is nearly as widespread an issue. This issue with youthfulness and beauty goes beyond Hollywood and seeps into regular society and regular girls, who then have self esteem issues. Add onto that, they listen to and admire "artists" such as Nicki Minaj, and you have a recipe for disaster. Teen girls are incredibly susceptible to this kind of stuff.

It's sad, really.

Edit:

lol.gif

wenn20061589a__oPt.jpg

Her face was fuller before. I'm pretty sure she wasn't preggers in either photo. Did you see the dates on the photos?

I saw the dates on the articles, that's good enough for me. Both from 2014. Why would US Magazine and Perez use old photos when newer ones are coming up every week?

Keep in mind what happens when people age. Skin loses elasticity, we fill out and so when we diet, there is a harsher look to the contours.

Speaking of plastic surgery, here is the most infamous case of plastic surgery over indulgence

CelebrityPlasticSurgeryGoneWrong.jpg

Sorry, but I don't think that what you describe is nearly as widespread an issue. This issue with youthfulness and beauty goes beyond Hollywood and seeps into regular society and regular girls, who then have self esteem issues. Add onto that, they listen to and admire "artists" such as Nicki Minaj, and you have a recipe for disaster. Teen girls are incredibly susceptible to this kind of stuff.

Yeah, that's the nature of life. Young girls are hugely attractive. This is the best that they're ever going to look in their entire lives. They're spoiled by all the male attention. They don't want to give that up as they age and see younger women coming up behind them. This isn't something that a campaign can fix - this is human nature.

I saw the dates on the articles, that's good enough for me. Both from 2014. Why would US Magazine and Perez use old photos when newer ones are coming up every week?

Keep in mind what happens when people age. Skin loses elasticity, we fill out and so when we diet, there is a harsher look to the contours.

Speaking of plastic surgery, here is the most infamous case of plastic surgery over indulgence

Gah!!! :ack-1: That is horrible! I hope she sued the butcher.

Well, at 36, I'm older than Megan, and my cheek bones haven't moved up on my face yet. Lol! Seriously, she had cheek implants. She's only 28!!! She isn't aging yet!

Gah!!! :ack-1: That is horrible! I hope she sued the butcher.

Well, at 36, I'm older than Megan, and my cheek bones haven't moved up on my face yet. Lol! Seriously, she had cheek implants. She's only 28!!! She isn't aging yet!

Click the link and read about here. Her face is not the result of one plastic surgery. She set out to look like a cat. Check out all the images on google image search.

Yeah, that's the nature of life. Young girls are hugely attractive. This is the best that they're ever going to look in their entire lives. They're spoiled by all the male attention. They don't want to give that up as they age and see younger women coming up behind them. This isn't something that a campaign can fix - this is human nature.

You are completely missing the point. The point is that this encourages unhealthy habits and ideas in young girls. I read a story about a mom who had her daughter get Botox when she was 8. The saddest part was that the little girl actually thought she had wrinkles. How effing sad is that? I can just imagine the train wreck she's going to be as an adult.

Mom gives Botox to 8-year-old daughter...Say what - Parents - TODAY.com

As for Britney, she's allegedly fine – even thankful – of her mom's efforts. "My friends think it's cool I have all the treatments and they want to be like me. I check every night for wrinkles, and when I see some I want more injections," the 8-year-old says.

I don't think she had cheek implants. The distance from her eye to her cheek looks about the same in 2007 and 2014, what's changed is that there is less facial fat underneath her cheek bone, thus giving more prominence to the cheek bone.

I don't think she had cheek implants. The distance from her eye to her cheek looks about the same in 2007 and 2014, what's changed is that there is less facial fat underneath her cheek bone, thus giving more prominence to the cheek bone.

Good Lord! She hasn't lost that much fat at 28 years old! She is a Hollywood celebrity. Of course she had cosmetic surgery! Why would you doubt that? Pretty much ALL of them have had at least something done.

Forum List

Back