Census Question: Should Pregnant Women Count Twice (or more)?

The "general population"? Please humor us with how you have to be part of the "general population" to be counted.

Sure it matters.

A lot of women have more than one child. Shocking I know.
Please humor us with how you have to be part of the "general population" to be counted.

Well, you technically not IN the US yet. I mean, sure, physically where you are is in the womb, but you've not actually arrived in the US yet. Also, while in the womb, you are under the jurisdiction of your mother, once born, you are in the jurisdiction of the US.

Sure it matters.

A lot of women have more than one child. Shocking I know.

No, it doesn't matter. I mean, again, eventually they will all be counted regardless. Whether its now, or in 9 months.

Last edited:
Given the right wing's desire to call a fetus a person...it brings up an interesting question relative to the Census.

Check out this graph.

View attachment 535563

Whites are not reproducing very fast compared to other ethnicities. So it stands to reason that at any given time, there are more pregnant Hispanic, black, "other", and Native American women than their are white women.

Are the right wing folks really comfortable with counting every pregnant woman in LA, Atlanta, NYC...twice (at least)?
You deranged leftists. People have to be 18 to vote but if they are under 18 they are still a person.

Well, you technically not IN the US yet. I mean, sure, physically where you are is in the womb, but you've not actually arrived in the US yet. Also, while in the womb, you are under the jurisdiction of your mother, once born, you are in the jurisdiction of the US.
Jurisdiction...wow... That's nuts.
No, it doesn't matter. I mean, again, eventually they will all be counted regardless. Whether its now, or in 9 months.
Yeah but the now is all that matters. If someone is pregnant; they will be counted twice. They have 4 or 5 kids in a 10 year period. I'm sure someone could dumb it down further for you.... I just can't reach that depth.

The actual issue Candycorn brings up are why are intelligent races having offspring as much as those of lesser intelligent? Or is the question why is it less intelligent races (who rely on intelligent races to pay their expenses via welfare) apparently engage in reckless behavior more than intelligent races? That said, the US Constitution has a remedy for that in counting less intelligent occupants as a percentage (2/3rds ?) of an intelligent citizen. :dunno:
You don't sound like your from one of the intelligent races..

Jurisdiction...wow... That's nuts.

Yeah but the now is all that matters. If someone is pregnant; they will be counted twice. They have 4 or 5 kids in a 10 year period. I'm sure someone could dumb it down further for you.... I just can't reach that depth.
Ok, how about this:

"All persons BORN in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof shall be citizens"

So, basically, constitutionally, until you are born, you are not a citizen.

Ok, I guess I don't get it. You're saying count then now, while in the womb, im saying if you count them now, or down the road when they are born, its all the same. If a couple has 4 or 5 kids in a 10 year period, there are going to be 4 or 5 more kids counted in the census whether it be 9 months early or 9 months later.

The whole point of my response was to your question of, "do we count them on the census for representation", and i gave you two answers.

In the second one, I said, if you want to count them in the census, then you admit they are a person, and confer all the rights a person has, which includes the right to LIFE.

Paychecks expire after 6 months. It apparently makes no difference, so you should not count, cash, or deposit them until at least 5 months after receiving them. What could possibly go wrong? In fact, it's smarter and safer to wait because there could be a market crash or something if you do it sooner
;)

Ok, how about this:

"All persons BORN in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof shall be citizens"

So, basically, constitutionally, until you are born, you are not a citizen.

Ok, I guess I don't get it. You're saying count then now, while in the womb, im saying if you count them now, or down the road when they are born, its all the same. If a couple has 4 or 5 kids in a 10 year period, there are going to be 4 or 5 more kids counted in the census whether it be 9 months early or 9 months later.

The whole point of my response was to your question of, "do we count them on the census for representation", and i gave you two answers.

In the second one, I said, if you want to count them in the census, then you admit they are a person, and confer all the rights a person has, which includes the right to LIFE.
Sounds like you can be a person before you’re born? Interesting “logic”

For decades prosecutors have charged perps with 2 counts if they kill a pregnant woman and the baby dies. The convictions stand.
So you're also voting "Yes" to the OP. Sounds unanimous. Mother motion carries.

Should Pregnant Women Count Twice (or more)?​

Like Santa Claus does, it's always good to check your math. In terms of the census, sure. Take the average number of children born per year per childbearing aged woman and multiply by 10.

Last edited:

You suffer the problem of most leftists. You don't think things through to their logical conclusion. Your ideology, and your determination to defend it at all costs, trumps any logic.

Given the right wing's desire to call a fetus a person...it brings up an interesting question relative to the Census.

Check out this graph.

View attachment 535563

Whites are not reproducing very fast compared to other ethnicities. So it stands to reason that at any given time, there are more pregnant Hispanic, black, "other", and Native American women than their are white women.

Are the right wing folks really comfortable with counting every pregnant woman in LA, Atlanta, NYC...twice (at least)?
Are women counted at all in Texas, or if they are perhaps they are a 3/5

Check out this graph.

View attachment 535563

Good grief

Check out this graph.

View attachment 535563

Sure, you can count them. We'll just have to shut down abortion clinics of the next ten years to make sure nobody cheats. Sound fair?

Does the baby have a birth certificate? Considered an American citizen? Have a social security number?

If not then no they don't count. Atleast as far as I'm concerned.

Once your born then I'd say you can be counted.

I didn't say that, you are insinuating that. I was merely answering your hypothetical question.

If you want to count them on the census, then you have to count them as a person.

Is a baby a person? Yeah, I'd agree to that. At a certain point during the development process, you can't deny that whats growing inside the mother is a baby. Before that? I don't know. I do know that it is life, however.

Check out this graph.

View attachment 535563

Interesting proposition!

Yes, I believe two votes would be appropriate provided one of them is exercised by the female herself and the other by the fetus. Said fetus having qualified to vote by having attained legal voting age wile "in residence" in said female. Oh, and reach a hand out to mark the ballot.

You deranged leftists. People have to be 18 to vote but if they are under 18 they are still a person.
Apparently not.

It appears that it's OK to kill an infant through "late term abortion" and there is no clear definition of "late term". Hence since one must be 18 to vote it's obviously the choice of the person (or creature) that produced the infant (up to 18...) to decide whether or not to abort. One could make an argument that the age should be 25 as defined in when leaves infancy behind through no longer being eligible to be carried as a dependent under Obamacare rules.

Forum List

Back