CEO Crushes The Minimum Wage Lie: "It's Cheaper To Buy A Robot Than Hire At $15/Hour"

With all due respect, Jim..."peasants" did not operate in a free market! Neither did slaves nor indentured servants.

When free market capitalism reached Russia it stalled the ending of peasantry as there was then provided an economic reason to maintain it and use the peasants as cheap labor. BEsides, with the existance of slave labor and debt slavery in free market economies, what is so hard to bleieve about peasants being abused similarly?

And setting an absurdly high minimum wage is NOT going to keep the economy humming and vital! It will give us one heck of an inflationary jolt however.

Why is it absurd in your opinion?

With all due respect, Jim..."peasants" did not operate in a free market! Neither did slaves nor indentured servants.

When free market capitalism reached Russia it stalled the ending of peasantry as there was then provided an economic reason to maintain it and use the peasants as cheap labor. BEsides, with the existance of slave labor and debt slavery in free market economies, what is so hard to bleieve about peasants being abused similarly?

And setting an absurdly high minimum wage is NOT going to keep the economy humming and vital! It will give us one heck of an inflationary jolt however.

Why is it absurd in your opinion?

What free market economy employs peasants?

No you want to say that one football player shouldn't be allowed to be stronger than another.

You want to tell the biggest and strongest to lose weight and stop lifting weights so everyone is equal.

You want all basketball player to be the same height and run equally as fast as all the others
Your comprehension is poor. I don't want all the sprinters to run equally fast, just to begin the race from the same place at the same time.

And fairness isn't decreasing it's the same as it always was. Tell me what has stopped you from doing anything you really wanted to do? Was it the fact that a few people have more money than you or that some parents leave their kids money? WHen some CEO get a big fat bonus does it decrease your income?

Of course not

Seems to me that if the top 1% have gotten an increasing share of the countries wealth, fairness is increasing. Or do you have another explanation?

Was it the fact that a few people have more money than you or that some parents leave their kids money? WHen some CEO get a big fat bonus does it decrease your income?

Of course not
Actually it usually does since the public company he heads has less money to return in dividends or to invest in the company.

You forgot with the exact same set of skills.

WHat if one had a better coach that cost more money than another and he won?

If a company invests less in it self how does that affect you? You don't have to hold stock in that company if you don't like what it pays its people.

And you have yet to define "fairness"

And no matter how you define it nowhere will that definition say stripping a person of his property is fair

Besides in order for you to do this great equalizing you would have to make thousands of other things illegal. Rich people put their money into trusts so technically they don't own it anymore so you can start by banning trusts. If you do then a rich guy will start a business before he dies and invest all his money into it and have the business pay it out to his kids. Or even better yet he'll start a charity like the Clintons and donate all his money to it then name his kids Ceo of that charity

Rich people are rich for the most part not because they inherited anything but because they were just smarter with their money

Guy, it sounds like Pizza Hut is making yet another bad business decision.

Let's not forget, the world is full of buildings that "Used to be a PIzza Hut"... One only imagines what these Japanese Robots will be doing after they start glitching and annoying the customers.

140226_EYE_Pizza%20Hut.jpg.CROP.original-original.jpg

ipetx0q4o2mzu0kmncgc.jpg

PH has been phasing out the old "red roof" buildings for a while...many of them didn't close, they MOVED.

And note: the top pic (Larry's Giant Subs) is NOT a Pizza Hut building!

i was at a panera bread where they had one of these Kiosks.

There was one person trying to use the Kiosk and 20 people waiting in line for a HUMAN to take their order. I actually tried to use the Kiosk because I was kind of in a hurry between meeting clients. Ten seconds of scrolling and I took my business somewhre else.

If anything, they are LESS efficient, because they can only serve one customer at a time, and that customer has to take the time to figure out what he wants (by scrolling through the option) then running his order.

Which will still have to be prepared by a human in the back.
Ten whole seconds huh?

Cut Joey some slack...he just isn't all that bright, after all.

There was one person trying to use the Kiosk and 20 people waiting in line for a HUMAN to take their order. I actually tried to use the Kiosk because I was kind of in a hurry between meeting clients. Ten seconds of scrolling and I took my business somewhre else.

If anything, they are LESS efficient, because they can only serve one customer at a time, and that customer has to take the time to figure out what he wants (by scrolling through the option) then running his order.

Right, and cars will never replace horses because the first ones were hard to drive and maintain. Automation IS coming, whether you like it or not, and you won't be able to stop it.

In some ways it will come, in other ways it will be resisted

They had automats in the late 1950s. Put your coin in the slot and get a slice of pie
It was supposed to be the restaurant of the future

People tired of the gimmick and went to restaurants with live servers

Actually, no...one major reason the Automats closed was inflation: prices rose to a point that paying with only coins was inconvenient, and the technology for bill-accepters was not there at that time. The first Automat opened in 1897, first one in the US in 1912.

one of the stores around here WaWa (look it up, its real) has the touch screen for people to order their food. The food is still made by humanoids but its so much faster because the workers can give their attention to making the orders instead of standing there while someone takes 20 minutes to decide to get the same damn thing they get every time.

Sheetz uses the same thing...and I would be surprised to NOT see 7-11 start using it in the next couple of years.

I will posit this, if you took every cent in the entire world, every bit of land and resources and equally divided them among the entire population that within one generation we will be right back where we started.

Because people are basically sheep and deep down want to be told what to do so they will squander their new riches and make a few people rich
I don't disagree so what I'd like to see is a 100% inheritance tax rate. You can leave your money to your spouse but not to your kids. That would put everyone's kids on par with the Trump family, at least as far as is practical.

You're a SPECIAL kind of stupid, kid...

Between meeting clients? That's hilarious from someone that can't keep a job.

Yeah, we believe you

Right, and cars will never replace horses because the first ones were hard to drive and maintain. Automation IS coming, whether you like it or not, and you won't be able to stop it.

They had automats in the late 1950s. Put your coin in the slot and get a slice of pie

Actually, no...one major reason the Automats closed was inflation: prices rose to a point that paying with only coins was inconvenient, and the technology for bill-accepters was not there at that time. The first Automat opened in 1897, first one in the US in 1912.

He does have a point, my two examples

1. Yesterday went to Walmart (because they sell my cheap $2.50 t..v. Marie calender dinners I like) the self sevice lanes were all empty, I went to a normal check out, why?

Because only one person in line and I would rather have her do the work scanning the items then me.

2. First time I ever went to a chick-fil-a -

Instead of me having to talk on a radio to place my order they had a girl taking it outside on an app, you pull up an other girl was handing out sauce ...

Pull up again give another girl your money and she gives you the food.

Now I know why chick-fil-a is number one in fast food.

The key is not to work for someone else. Considering the vast majority of employers don't like even their best employees and look at them with utter disdain which is undeniable, a worker is best off starting their own business and hopefully not hiring others.
That's the biggest load of bullshit from you.
"The vast majority of employers don't even like their best employees"?
What are you? Like fucking ten?
Tell that to the millions of employees who look forward to going to work.
GOD you really are a fool!

The technology is here today. Just swipe your card and get a piece of pie

Doesn't seem to be much interest in the concept. Too impersonal. So would watching your burger get spit out of a machine

Having been in the FF business some time ago I can assure everyone here if you really knew how your burger was handled from making the dough to make the bun to producing the burger meat, by human hands, you'd NEVER buy another burger in your life.

gas is much cheaper today by the mile

then in 1974

In 1974, I paid about 30 cents a gallon
Today, about $2.25​
still the cost per mile is less today
In 1974 my car got around 18 mpg today I get 30 today
I would need to get over 100 mpg to be cheaper per mile

--LOL sure buddy

the average was 11 and that was according to the manufacturer

sometimes you are just so ridiculous that it is beyond stupid

--LOL

gas is much cheaper today by the mile