CEOs earn 354 times more than average worker

I can't understand this thinking that people doing a 9 to 5 job doing whatever should be paid the same as someone running a multimillion dollar company.

Who works a 9-5 anymore?

Oh wait.

The guy "running" the multimillion dollar company.

:eusa_shhh:

Lots of the excessive CEO salary is going into that offshore pool of $30trillion+ instead of into the US economy.

It's their money. They can do whatever they want with it.

No it's not.

And no they can't.

Most CEOs of the really big companies didn't even start them.

So the money that CEOs earn isn't their money?

And even if the CEO was investing the company's money, he has the authority to do so it doesn't matter if he started the company or not.

Guess you have no reason to be critical of the economy.

few CEO's putting their money somewhere did not crash the economy.

And I can be critical of the economy because it was government policies that fucked it up not people who invest their own money wherever they please.

Well yeah.

That's exactly what did crash the economy.

And I can be critical of the economy because it was government policies that fucked it up not people who invest their own money wherever they please.

You're right....................and it was Jr. (as in Bush Jr.) that fucked it up.

But then again......................Halliburton (i.e. Cheney) needed the money.

I learned that people are worth what someone is willing to pay them.
If a CEO is offered a contract and signs it He/She should be paid what was agreed upon.

If a ballplayer doesn't produce as expected does he give back that money at the end of the year.
If a movie star's movie tanks at the box office do they give back that money.

People are paid what the market will bear....If the corporation doesn't like the job the CEO is doing
they get fired.

You seriously don't understand how it works..do ya?

:lol:

You're right....................and it was Jr. (as in Bush Jr.) that fucked it up.

Don't forget the legislation or DEREGULATION that Billy Blow Job Clinton signed that removed the once sharp dividing line between banks, insurance companies and investment firms which was one of the major contributing factors to the too big to fail phenomenon

To say it was one administration's fault is naive.

Well yeah.

That's exactly what did crash the economy.

Hardly.

Well no.

These extremely wealth men successfully lobbied to have taxation and regulations changed in their favor. They were able to do that, because of their wealth..nothing else.

Those changes, like breaking the wall between auditors and business, were EXACTLY what crashed the economy.

Don't forget the legislation or DEREGULATION that Billy Blow Job Clinton signed that removed the once sharp dividing line between banks, insurance companies and investment firms which was one of the major contributing factors to the too big to fail phenomenon

And who do you think lobbied for that?

And who do you think lobbied for that?

It doesn't matter. It only matters who signs the bill into law.

Billy owns it so give him the credit he deserves.

It amazes me that some people not only don't have an issue with the way corporation's salary structure has changed over the last few decades and how it has negatively impacted the spending power of the overwhelming majority of Americans, they actually seem to think it's a GOOD thing.

He's absolutely right, Loud.

They who control the AMOUNT of money in circulation control the economy.

I note that BOTH the right winger AND left wingers concur on that specific problem.

Of course by right wingers, I do NOT mean the TROLLS that haunt this place, I mean the thinkers who lean right, but who are REALITY DRIVEN thinkers, rather than FAITH BASED thinkers.

It amazes me that some people not only don't have an issue with the way corporation's salary structure has changed over the last few decades and how it has negatively impacted the spending power of the overwhelming majority of Americans, they actually seem to think it's a GOOD thing.

It's an extension of the disdain they feel for labor in general.

I learned that people are worth what someone is willing to pay them.
If a CEO is offered a contract and signs it He/She should be paid what was agreed upon.

If a ballplayer doesn't produce as expected does he give back that money at the end of the year.
If a movie star's movie tanks at the box office do they give back that money.

People are paid what the market will bear....If the corporation doesn't like the job the CEO is doing
they get fired.

You seriously don't understand how it works..do ya?

Tell us how it works

Give us some examples

What you sense is our disdain for the Marxist worldview

What you sense is our disdain for the Marxist worldview

Workers making decent money = Marxist.

Workers getting shit on = Conservative.

And you people wonder why you don't win elections anymore.

Forum List

Back