Charged with manslaughter for texts and phone convos?

yes, you gain responsibility for a person killing themselves over words..
Emotion over liberty and personal responsibility
Yayyy America!

Someone who is mentally unstable is not able to make rational decisions, this is why the dmv requires people who have had mental health treatment to supply doctors notes periodically in order to retain a drivers license. I think it is reasonable to expect any citizen to not encourage someone to kill them self.
It is reasonable to encourage, not enforce. You are literally putting someones elses problems on someone else and destroying THEIR rights.

this guy wasn't murdered
he chose to commit suicide

It's a form or coercion, he turned to his girlfriend who he loved. She shouldn't have done that. I am glad she is being held responsible, she may need some form of mental health care herself. A normal person would have helped him.

I don't buy that.

If I told you to rob a bank so you could pay your bills and you did I am not responsible.

If I told you to jump off a bridge because you were whining about how miserable you were and you did I am not responsible

We disagree with each other on this matter. It's just going in circles now. I won't convince you and you won;t convince me. I've said what I have to say about it. I care deeply about this issue since my own sister killed herself. I think people need to alert family members, police and helpers, not encourage someone to kill themself. I think it's criminal to suggest this to someone who is unstable. I acknowledge that you don;t agree.
They had policies like that in the USSR as well, drifter.

I don;t feel ashamed for caring about people harley. I do care, I think people are worthwhile.
Nothing wrong with caring for people, drifter. But that hasn't got much to do with destroying constitutional and civil rights.

yes, you gain responsibility for a person killing themselves over words..
Emotion over liberty and personal responsibility
Yayyy America!

Someone who is mentally unstable is not able to make rational decisions, this is why the dmv requires people who have had mental health treatment to supply doctors notes periodically in order to retain a drivers license. I think it is reasonable to expect any citizen to not encourage someone to kill them self.
It is reasonable to encourage, not enforce. You are literally putting someones elses problems on someone else and destroying THEIR rights.

No. If I get depressed and turn to my boyfriend with my problems, he should not tell me to kill myself. He's in a position of influence. If he knows I am unstable and hurting he shouldn't do that. Call my mom , call the police and say I'm a danger to myself. If he loves me he wouldn't tell me to kill myself. What's the intention and motive for suggesting I should kill myself? What kind of person does that? She needs help and should be court ordered to get Psychiatric treatment to understand why that was so awful.

Last edited:
It's a form or coercion, he turned to his girlfriend who he loved. She shouldn't have done that. I am glad she is being held responsible, she may need some form of mental health care herself. A normal person would have helped him.

I don't buy that.

If I told you to rob a bank so you could pay your bills and you did I am not responsible.

If I told you to jump off a bridge because you were whining about how miserable you were and you did I am not responsible

We disagree with each other on this matter. It's just going in circles now. I won't convince you and you won;t convince me. I've said what I have to say about it. I care deeply about this issue since my own sister killed herself. I think people need to alert family members, police and helpers, not encourage someone to kill themself. I think it's criminal to suggest this to someone who is unstable. I acknowledge that you don;t agree.

I don;t feel ashamed for caring about people harley. I do care, I think people are worthwhile.
Nothing wrong with caring for people, drifter. But that hasn't got much to do with destroying constitutional and civil rights.

This is not a terminally ill person. There are laws against suicide and she broke it.

Is Suicide Illegal? Suicide Laws By Country
United States: In the past, many states had laws that regarded the act of suicide as a felony, but these laws were seldom enforced. In the 1980s, 30 out of 50 United States has no laws opposing suicide or attempting suicide. With that said, all 50 states had laws stating that assisted suicide is a felony. Currently there is no law against the act of committing suicide in the United States.

In some cases though, suicide is considered “common law crime” unless the victim can be proven to have been of “unsound mind.” Most lawsuits regarding suicide happen when the person is under supervision of a jail or hospital and the victim’s family sues these institutions for negligence. Physician-assisted suicide for terminally ill is legal in Oregon and Washington.

In cases of physician-assisted suicide, the patient must have less than 6 months to live, be of sound mind, make a request vocally and on paper, have it approved by multiple physicians, and then wait 15 days, followed by another request. In the state of California, all medical facilities are required to send all suicidal people in for evaluation and treatment.
/QUOTE]

is it tn? why? both of these people knew someone was in trouble? both 'victims' end up dead...so dear tell me what is the difference.....

*lovingly blowing smoke at ya*

I don't buy that.

This is not a terminally ill person. There are laws against suicide and she broke it.

United States: In the past, many states had laws that regarded the act of suicide as a felony, but these laws were seldom enforced. In the 1980s, 30 out of 50 United States has no laws opposing suicide or attempting suicide. With that said, all 50 states had laws stating that assisted suicide is a felony. Currently there is no law against the act of committing suicide in the United States.

In some cases though, suicide is considered “common law crime” unless the victim can be proven to have been of “unsound mind.” Most lawsuits regarding suicide happen when the person is under supervision of a jail or hospital and the victim’s family sues these institutions for negligence. Physician-assisted suicide for terminally ill is legal in Oregon and Washington.

In cases of physician-assisted suicide, the patient must have less than 6 months to live, be of sound mind, make a request vocally and on paper, have it approved by multiple physicians, and then wait 15 days, followed by another request. In the state of California, all medical facilities are required to send all suicidal people in for evaluation and treatment.
/QUOTE]
Words aren't assisted suicide, drifter.
Suicide is completely legal in this country. As weird as it being legal/illegal is..

/QUOTE]
Words aren't assisted suicide, drifter.
Suicide is completely legal in this country. As weird as it being legal/illegal is..

No it's not.

Is Suicide Illegal? Get Answers Today - NoBullying - Bullying & CyberBullying Resources

you do realize this kid took his own life, correct? She didn't have anything to do with it. Words CANT be an accomplice.
Are you guys considering the pandoras box that type of statism can open?

I don't buy that.

Assisted suicide is legal in certain states and the person has a medical diagnosis and doctor on the scene.

i realize he took his own life....i realize she encourage him to just do it.....now ....the other dude ...simply closed the door...knowing a 7 yr old was going to get raped ....he didnt encourage the rape or cheer it on....yet you see him as immoral?

you do realize this kid took his own life, correct? She didn't have anything to do with it. Words CANT be an accomplice.
Are you guys considering the pandoras box that type of statism can open?

You can't encourage someone of unsound mind to kill themself. You should cal the police if you think someone might kill themself.

Forum List

Back