🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

'Charleston victims 'waited their turn to be shot''

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Pol Charleston victims waited their turn to be shot - CNNPolitics.com

"Columbia, South Carolina (CNN)A South Carolina lawmaker expressed regret Wednesday after seemingly questioning why the victims in the Charleston shooting didn't do more to defend themselves.

State Rep. Bill Chumley, a Republican who represents Spartanburg, told CNN on Tuesday that "We need to be focusing on the nine families that are left and see that this doesn't happen again. These people sat in there and waited their turn to be shot. That's sad that somebody in there with the means of self-defense could have stopped this."

When asked by CNN's Drew Griffin, "Are you turning this into a gun debate?" Chumley replied, "You said guns. Why didn't somebody just do something? I mean, you got one skinny person shooting a gun. I mean, we need to take and do what you can."

He's absolutely right. After the first person is shot, wait are you waiting for? Get up, grab a hold of him and bite, claw, scratch, spit, do whatever it takes to save your life. Don't just sit there (if they in fact sat there,) or try running away (just get shot in the back.)

Do something. Attack! What all that evolution is for.

"Columbia, South Carolina (CNN)A South Carolina lawmaker expressed regret Wednesday after seemingly questioning why the victims in the Charleston shooting didn't do more to defend themselves.

State Rep. Bill Chumley, a Republican who represents Spartanburg, told CNN on Tuesday that "We need to be focusing on the nine families that are left and see that this doesn't happen again. These people sat in there and waited their turn to be shot. That's sad that somebody in there with the means of self-defense could have stopped this."

When asked by CNN's Drew Griffin, "Are you turning this into a gun debate?" Chumley replied, "You said guns. Why didn't somebody just do something? I mean, you got one skinny person shooting a gun. I mean, we need to take and do what you can."

He's absolutely right. After the first person is shot, wait are you waiting for? Get up, grab a hold of him and bite, claw, scratch, spit, do whatever it takes to save your life. Don't just sit there (if they in fact sat there,) or try running away (just get shot in the back.)

For a brief moment after reading that, I began thinking the same things too. Especially when the guy was loading, but when you faced with a deranged person, your survival instincts shut down, I dunno. It was perhaps just their day to die. I personally think I would have lunged for the guy, or did something to protect myself, I just don't know, what I would have done....again, may that all rest in peace and this bastard die a slow slow slow death either in prison being a life long btch of some bad as black guy or fry in the electric chair, I don't care!!

Well, hopefully everyone familar with the story has now 'gamed out' what they would do so heaven forbid, if it ever happens to them they wont freeze.

Like the people ISIS beheads. Think I'll take my chances attacking and being shot then kneel there while someone with a pocketknife saws my head off.

You can bet your ass I would have done something like hit that little fucker in the head with a chair. God he was one skinny little guy and there were nine of them.

Holy hell. Did they just sit there and let themselves be shot??

I love hearing how brave everyone would be if they were facing a loaded gun. It's inspiring how many virtual warriors are offering what they would have done had they been there.

Forum List

Back