Charlie Gard has passed

It's not exactly the idea of fixing mitochondria. One important Hirano, et al link is Barcelona, 2011:

Neurogastrointestinal dCTP
Limited dCTP availability accounts for mitochondrial DNA depletion in mitochondrial neurogastrointestinal encephalomyopathy (MNGIE). - PubMed - NCBI

The medical arrogance involved consists of a presupposition that served to over-ride Charlie's own genome and its potentials: "All of these professionals agreed." Even if Charlie was at the point of no return, his genome would have been given the human right to express itself into death, and by doing so, yield up a bit more information on rare diseases. Charlie was deprived of a potential chance embedded in his very own genome by the action of pulling the plug on him. Arrogant Bastards.

Who knows what could have bee learned from this experimental treatment. How far would the cause of a cure be advanced? We don't know because the left hates science.

What we do know is if the exact same situation had ended with parents refusing an experimental treatment because they accepted God's Will and let the child die, they left would want both their heads.

As long as God is the government, the left is happy. And, no one should make a profit off of new investions.

Charlie could have made it to Hirano's lab and been given the same chance that Henrietta Lacks would have wanted.

What we do know is if the exact same situation had ended with parents refusing an experimental treatment because they accepted God's Will and let the child die, they left would want both their heads.

^^^^^^^^

THAT THAT and THAT

Father of a child who Dr Hirano saved from death --- describes the ordeal this way..

US doctor's experimental treatment 'saved my son'

But Mr Estopinan, who has met Charlie's parents and been in contact with them throughout their battle, described the doctor as "an angel" and "a saint".

He told Sky News: "He saved my son and he has saved about 16 or 18 other children around the world with these devastating diseases and he is coming up with new, experimental medications for other neural generative muscular disorders.

"It is unfortunate and regrettable that GOSH decided to fight for Charlie to die in the legal courts in the UK rather than to treat him in the hospital.

"As doctors, everyone would expect they would try to save his life and fight for his life but regrettably GOSH and Charlie's doctors fought for him to die."

He described Professor Hirano as "an incredible... brilliant scientist... and incredible medical doctor and a compassionate father".

He said the professor had "wanted to save" Charlie but that the hospital had "allowed (him) to waste away for eight months", something he described as "shameful" and "despicable".

"We live in 2017," he said.

"This is a tech-advanced society.

"Without insulting anyone, I highly recommend these doctors in the UK to get informed."

16 or 18 children SAVED by cutting edge Med Tech. But not in Britain. They are "plug-pullers" and dawdlers and cynical protectors of the "bottom line" to their POWER to make ALL the life/death decisions..

Same deal as with my Dad. You do it THEIR WAY -- or they let patients die....

Last edited:
Charlie could have made it to Hirano's lab and been given the same chance that Henrietta Lacks would have wanted.
Except there was no experimental treatment for Lacks' cancer. There was nothing until routine cell collection revealed that her cancer cells were immortal.

I wonder why the Left doesn't worry about the "pain and distress" being inflicted on our death row inmates in not executing them swiftly.

The Left loves the death of the innocent but fights constantly for the lives of our violent scum

I wonder why the Left doesn't worry about the "pain and distress" being inflicted on our death row inmates in not executing them swiftly.

The Left loves the death of the innocent but fights constantly for the lives of our violent scum

The left's priorities are a bit skewed

How far can you ethically be allowed to go in creating pain and distress to a child without out a reasonable expectation of some improvement?
Pain? Distress? You don't know that. We have ways to deal with both.

The problem with Charlie was no one could tell. How would he handle a transatlantic flight and the pressures? A lot of questions for a treatment that offered almost a nonexistent chance given the degree of damage already done - brain tissue that badly damaged doesn't regenerate for example and that was in January when he began suffering seizures.

Being in Medicine myself, I've seen brain damages people accomplish amazing things.

The point is that it wasn't the courts decision to make.

Good point----but being in medicine myself----I would say that even with the various manipulations
available----this poor kid was not really going to get anywhere but miserable-----sad but true

You can't say that, you don't know that. The point is still that it isn't the court's decision to make. Or it shouldn't be anyway. Single payer, single decider, and it ain't you.

I based my comment about the kid's future on his DIAGNOSIS-----that's what a diagnosis is for---
it includes a prediction of the future. sad but true

Any thinking and caring person would think that...you have to try

They should have at least been given the option, even if it was a fool's hope.

Ponder it for a minute. Having to BEG for permission to allow your child a shot at new therapy. Wasn't actually a fools hope. At that point, you take the doctor that gives you 20%...

and if you have to beg a profit driven insurance company? get real.

seriously...

and in any event why would you want to torture a being who can neither breathe on his own nor move by forcing extraodinary measures to keep him alive?

You're anti Capitalist rhetoric is bold and intimidating. But the FACT IS --- NO insurance company would ever FORCIBLY DENY YOU the right to pay for and seek Alternate treatment.

The left has certainly deflected from the only real issue. People who had the ability to pay for treatment were prohibited from receiving anything but death.

The left has certainly deflected from the only real issue. People who had the ability to pay for treatment were prohibited from receiving anything but death.

You know if it were them and the same situation they'd be screaming it's unfair. They'll never admit it but when faced with realities they would

Many of the Leftists are for Abortion being used as a means of contraception, killing a baby In Utero, so why do you expect them to care about dying babies who have already been born.

Rather than take even a 5% chance, they would prefer to just allow a baby to die. The treatment for Charlie Gard might not have been successful, but the medical profession might have learned more and along the way might have been able to eventually help other babies with the same problem Charlie Gard had.

See the articles in this thread I posted re. Proton Beam Therapy, they ALL said that wouldn't have ANY effect and now two years after that childs case, the scientists say that Proton Beam Therapy does have an effect.

The Leftist brain doesn't go that far though.

Ponder it for a minute. Having to BEG for permission to allow your child a shot at new therapy. Wasn't actually a fools hope. At that point, you take the doctor that gives you 20%...

seriously...

and in any event why would you want to torture a being who can neither breathe on his own nor move by forcing extraodinary measures to keep him alive?

You're anti Capitalist rhetoric is bold and intimidating. But the FACT IS --- NO insurance company would ever FORCIBLY DENY YOU the right to pay for and seek Alternate treatment.

I'm not anti-capitalist. that's your wing nut delusion.

now respond to what I said and not to what you made up in your head.

again, do you think a profit driven insurance company is the appropriate arbiter of who should receive health care? they make those decisions ALL THE TIME.

and again, why on earth should a being who can not eat food, cannot breathe and cannot move be kept alive artificially?

Because Charlie Gard had a rare disease that was put under the influence of a substance whose mechanism of action is still not precisely known, we add Sevoflurane to the files:

Sevoflurane
Sevoflurane - Wikipedia

seriously...

again, do you think a profit driven insurance company is the appropriate arbiter of who should receive health care? they make those decisions ALL THE TIME.

and again, why on earth should a being who can not eat food, cannot breathe and cannot move be kept alive artificially?

Noise noise noise. NO -- I stand by my answer. A "profit driven" insurance company NEVER prevents personal choices to choose and fund alternative treatments..

You can persist. But you'd just prove the axiom that leftists have no conception of how things actually work..

seriously...

Noise noise noise. NO -- I stand by my answer. A "profit driven" insurance company NEVER prevents personal choices to choose and fund alternative treatments..

You can persist. But you'd just prove the axiom that leftists have no conception of how things actually work..

in other words, you know you're full of it and have no answer.... here's how "things work", wing nut... people can't get treatment without paying for it. insurance company refuses to pay or dumps you when you get sick... no treatment.

for someone as clueless as you, you have a hella lot of stupid assumptions about what others know.

Forum List

Back