Charlie Gard has passed

Ya gotta try. Wasn't costing the UK a dime so why were the parents denied even bringing him here?

The agenda, that's why. This time people are outraged, next time less outraged and so on until it's considered the norm.

They fool nobody
Read the whole history. There was no agenda. Anybody who thinks health professionals have an 'agenda' in the UK, NZ, Canada or Australia do not know their systems. Unlike the US system they are not about the almighty dollar...

No -- of course.. It's all about FAIRNESS and EQUALITY of treatment. If word got out that baby was saved, by Gawdly -- they MIGHT have other Brits demanding that Brit Heath cover the treatment.

THAT -- would be unacceptable to the Gate Keepers.. Or should I say "Death Panel"....

Medicare killed my Dad in a similar way. He was deeply damaged by a couple Diabetic comas and it took a LOT of time to reason with him and explain things. So there was this "RF Heating Procedure" to shrink his prostate that he desperately needed. Urologist wouldn't treat him. Said he would be uncooperative. Because the procedure DESIGNED BY Medicare Govt officials did it with Local Anesthetic. Told me his kidneys would be shot in months without it.

So I asked his GP if he could be put under full anesthesia.. Doc said SURE -- "but that's not the way Medicare covers it".. So I had Med Power of Atty and said " I'll pay the difference for the Gen Anethesia".. He said he'd get into trouble if he set it up..

SO --- 3 months later his kidneys failed and 6 months later he died..

Same general Govt Gate Keeping.. Chalk line another body...

How sad! This case was total and complete bullshit. Fuck the courts that ruled against his parents.
Let's just hope we don't end up with that bs here.

You idiot. Do you know how many people there are who DIE in the US from shit that Brits never die from because they have universal health care? Try learning.
Fuck off nutsack

Bad form in this forum, convict. Check yourself.

We aren't used to this kind of loss of freedom. We're used to being able to sit at the lunch counter if you can afford what's on the menu. We aren't used to a system that doesn't care if you can afford it. Once the government says no you can't do it no matter how much money you have.

Those days of heady freedom go out the window when socialized medicine comes through the door.

Medicare killed my Dad in a similar way. He was deeply damaged by a couple Diabetic comas and it took a LOT of time to reason with him and explain things. So there was this "RF Heating Procedure" to shrink his prostate that he desperately needed. Urologist wouldn't treat him. Said he would be uncooperative. Because the procedure DESIGNED BY Medicare Govt officials did it with Local Anesthetic. Told me his kidneys would be shot in months without it.

So I asked his GP if he could be put under full anesthesia.. Doc said SURE -- "but that's not the way Medicare covers it".. So I had Med Power of Atty and said " I'll pay the difference for the Gen Anethesia".. He said he'd get into trouble if he set it up..

Sorry to hear that. I dunno what the best answer is but I'm pretty sure it'll be the one with the least gov't intervention.

That's distressing and what bothers me so much about Charlie Gard's case, they had the money and were refused to take their own child for treatment.

Something is horribly wrong

Did your dad have any alternatives? Or was Medicare his only option?

What people don't realize is that this isn't about socialized medicine. The child is being used to rail against socialized medicine. The parents had the money raised to treat the child. What stopped them is a law that essentially states that if the doctors and parents are in conflict the courts must consider the child first. That's where the problem. Even if there weren't socialized medicine the parents would have still faced the same legal obstacle.

I feel for them, it's highly unlikely the treatment would have had any affect, and the courts were faced with trying to determine whether That was worth the possible suffering he might have undergone.

There are no villains here, it's just a horrible disease and two parents desperate to try anything to save their child and doctors not wanting to cause further suffering :(

Such stupidity. The kid was brain dead for gods sake.
And how many abortions and birth control pills have you taken pray tell.
Zero sex ? Hilarious to be so supercilious

Not surprised at all that you miss the point entirely.

I believe that Charlie Gard should have been allowed to pass peacefully weeks ago. There was no hope, none whatsoever.

HOWEVER, that was a decision for the PARENTS NOT THE GOVERNMENT. How on God's green earth is it a good thing for GOVERNMENT to make medical, life and death decisions for the citizens rather than the citizens themselves?

What people don't realize is that this isn't about socialized medicine. The child is being used to rail against socialized medicine. The parents had the money raised to treat the child. What stopped them is a law that essentially states that if the doctors and parents are in conflict the courts must consider the child first. That's where the problem. Even if there weren't socialized medicine the parents would have still faced the same legal obstacle.

I feel for them, it's highly unlikely the treatment would have had any affect, and the courts were faced with trying to determine whether That was worth the possible suffering he might have undergone.

There are no villains here, it's just a horrible disease and two parents desperate to try anything to save their child and doctors not wanting to cause further suffering :(
Just like you all use shooting victims to rail against gun rights.

Be careful you might fall of that pedestal

Wait until that medical tyranny comes to the US. These sheep haven't a clue what is coming if Trump can't stop it. It will be nicely intertwined in Obamacare. The state will own your kids they already to on many levels.
Wait until your kid has to die at the hands of a court.

MEDICAL TYRANNY IS HERE, AND WE CAN’T SAY WE WEREN’T WARNED
A Minnesota mother was recently brought to court over refusing chemotherapy for her 8 year old daughter. A doctor apparently reported her to CPS. She was “…ordered into court and told if they did not work with them on a treatment plan, they would lose custody of Sarah.”

Medical Tyranny is Here, and We Can’t Say We Weren’t Warned
Yeah fuck that shit. Oregon caseworkers have been told in no uncertain terms that they CANNOT seize kids from the hospital or for bullshit like this.

MEDICAL TYRANNY IS HERE, AND WE CAN’T SAY WE WEREN’T WARNED
A Minnesota mother was recently brought to court over refusing chemotherapy for her 8 year old daughter. A doctor apparently reported her to CPS. She was “…ordered into court and told if they did not work with them on a treatment plan, they would lose custody of Sarah.”

Medical Tyranny is Here, and We Can’t Say We Weren’t Warned
Yeah fuck that shit. Oregon caseworkers have been told in no uncertain terms that they CANNOT seize kids from the hospital or for bullshit like this.

Yeah and that case was back in 2012 Oh go figure shit stain was President. No surprise there.

The United States is in fact an Orwellian Tyranny that merely chooses not to implement full tyrannical measures. It only makes this decision because it does not yet have sufficient power to completely control the masses, i.e. we have not been made sufficiently docile, nor sufficiently dumbed down, fattened, sickened, and disarmed. When the government does have that power, and it will soon enough, it may then be too late to effectively resist.

The United States Is In Fact An Orwellian Tyranny

Forum List

Back