Cheney Calls for full Release of Memos

:clap2:

thank God, a sane conservative.

I pretty sure the dudes who are loving torture (and yes, its mostly dudes who are applauding torture) are the same dudes who pulled wings of insects and tortured cats when they were 12.

Dishonest FUCK,, plain and simple

I think you're a dude, at this point.

I don't think I've ever met a member of the fairer sex that loved sadism, and torture like you do. Its almost always dudes with fucked up emotional problems that are sadists.

Why is it that you love torture and sadism?

The sane people here, like Crimson and Cat, recognize what is obvious to the rest of us. Torturing people is flat out immoral, illegal and unamerican.

so you think being dead is American! DUmmb.. really DUmmb!

It depends on how you define 'torture', water boarding is not torture. No one is advocating real torture of anyone, but it's easier to be irrational than to really talk about the true topic. If they find evidence of real torture, then you would see a different reaction, justifiably so.

It was torture when we tried the Japanese for it after World War II ended.

We didn't try the Japanese for waterboarding. They were sticking hoses down our soldiers throats and KILLING them. Not the same thing. They also did a lot more then that,that they were "tried"for.

Chase J. Nielsen, one of the U.S. airmen who flew in the Doolittle raid following the attack on Pearl Harbor, was subjected to waterboarding by his Japanese captors.[69] At their trial for war crimes following the war, he testified "Well, I was put on my back on the floor with my arms and legs stretched out, one guard holding each limb. The towel was wrapped around my face and put across my face and water poured on. They poured water on this towel until I was almost unconscious from strangulation, then they would let up until I'd get my breath, then they'd start over again… I felt more or less like I was drowning, just gasping between life and death."

Waterboarding - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It was torture when we tried the Japanese for it after World War II ended.

We didn't try the Japanese for waterboarding. They were sticking hoses down our soldiers throats and KILLING them. Not the same thing. They also did a lot more then that,that they were "tried"for.

Chase J. Nielsen, one of the U.S. airmen who flew in the Doolittle raid following the attack on Pearl Harbor, was subjected to waterboarding by his Japanese captors.[69] At their trial for war crimes following the war, he testified "Well, I was put on my back on the floor with my arms and legs stretched out, one guard holding each limb. The towel was wrapped around my face and put across my face and water poured on. They poured water on this towel until I was almost unconscious from strangulation, then they would let up until I'd get my breath, then they'd start over again… I felt more or less like I was drowning, just gasping between life and death."

Again..they were not tried for "waterboarding"...they were tried for killing people via many forms of torture.

jeezus,, wiki,, the end all in education for the left hemishpereically impaired.

Again..they were not tried for "waterboarding"...they were tried for killing people via many forms of torture.

You are denying that waterboard as testified by Nielsen was one of the forms of torture that the Japanese were prosecuted for war crimes?

You are denying that waterboard as testified by Nielsen was one of the forms of torture that the Japanese were prosecuted for war crimes?

What happened to the Japanese who performed the waterboarding, and was that all those individuals were tried for?

Yet waterboarding was one of those forms of torture used as evidence against them. So yes, in effect, waterboarding was one of the crimes that they were on trial for.

What happened to the Japanese who performed the waterboarding, and was that all those individuals were tried for?

IIRC they were hanged.

Of which waterboarding was one. Othewise, it wouldn't hae been mentioned in the indictments or the court transcripts.

Why are you defending waterboarding? Do you think the Japs were just having harmless fun and games with american solidiers by waterboarding them? Is it because many of you cons still have a neurological compulsion to defend Bush at any cost?

Are you still claiming that waterboarding is the "reason" why the Japanese were tried?

Of which waterboarding was one. Othewise, it wouldn't hae been mentioned in the indictments or the court transcripts.

Why are you defending waterboarding? Do you think the Japs were just having harmless fun and games with american solidiers by waterboarding them? Is it because many of you cons still have a neurological compulsion to defend Bush at any cost?

Why do you wacko's only bring up waterboarding as if it was the "reason" for the trials...misleading people are you?

Why do you wacko's only bring up waterboarding as if it was the "reason" for the trials...misleading people are you?

Okay, read slowly. We are in a debate about the valdity of the using waterboarding as an enhanced interrogation technique. Waterboard is one of the many things the Japanese were tried for after WW2. Th equestion that is being posed is this: Is it morally acceptable for the US to use a technique that it has prosecuted men for in the past?

No one is saying it is the only thing the Japanese were tried for. We are sayin that it is one of the things we tried them for. Sink in that time? Good, now move along.

They were convicted I believe. Your second question is irrelevant.

It IS relevant. If these individuals were hanged, but they committed other atrocities, like mass murder, there isn't really a precedent, then, is there?

Yet waterboarding was one of those forms of torture used as evidence against them. So yes, in effect, waterboarding was one of the crimes that they were on trial for.

That is the relevant point. The same torture our Govt condoned was what it prosecuted Japanese as war crimes.

If its a war crime when someone else does it, it's a war crime when our govt does it.

It IS relevant. If these individuals were hanged, but they committed other atrocities, like mass murder, there isn't really a precedent, then, is there?

The relevant point is not whether they were tried for other things or whether they were even convicted. The relevant pont is that waterboarding was considered torture when the Japs did it by our Govt and we prosecuted them for it.

The relevant point is that waterboarding was considered torture when the Japs did it by our Govt and we prosecuted them for it.

so what would the penalty be for those american officials who ok'd the waterboarding? What precedent would you base the sentencing on?

Are you still claiming that waterboarding is the "reason" why the Japanese were tried?

Yes it was one of them. It was considered a war crime by the US Govt. That is the point.

The relevant point is that waterboarding was considered torture when the Japs did it by our Govt and we prosecuted them for it.

so what would the penalty be for those american officials who ok'd the waterboarding? What precedent would you base the sentencing on?

I have no idea what the penalties are for torture, or anything else for that matter. My guess is that waterboarding alone without causing death would not be a capital offense.

Last edited:

Okay, read slowly. We are in a debate about the valdity of the using waterboarding as an enhanced interrogation technique. Waterboard is one of the many things the Japanese were tried for after WW2. Th equestion that is being posed is this: Is it morally acceptable for the US to use a technique that it has prosecuted men for in the past?

No one is saying it is the only thing the Japanese were tried for. We are sayin that it is one of the things we tried them for. Sink in that time? Good, now move along.

Nope,posters have been saying that we tried the Japanese for "waterboarding". Not true. The Japanese went on a murdering spree where they raped,beheaded,dis emboweled,burned people alive,stuck hoses down peoples throats and drowned them etc..etc. Not even close to being the same thing.

Now you folks are trying to compare the two senarios and it is just not credible to me. As the Japanese were hung for murdering hundreds of people including women,children,babies, priests and soldiers.

Japanese War Crime Trials » HistoryNet

Last edited:

Forum List

Back