Chevy Volt Production Put On Five Week Hold

It's STILL $32,500, dittoheads. And 95% of owners love it, saying they have cost us $250k is unadulterated PUBCRAPPE, and they are as safe as any other car on the road, and there is no limit how far you can go... But thanks for your support, a-hole partisan un-American dittoheads...see sig pp3 for other examples of Pubcrappe that is un-patriotic....

you are quite naive...and you know nothing about R and D.

Your posts always say the same thing...

"I really dont know or understanbd the facts. I jiust know what I hear and what I beliueve in and I like to state those things as facts"

It makes you look silly.

It's STILL $32,500, dittoheads. And 95% of owners love it, saying they have cost us $250k is unadulterated PUBCRAPPE, and they are as safe as any other car on the road, and there is no limit how far you can go... But thanks for your support, a-hole partisan un-American dittoheads...see sig pp3 for other examples of Pubcrappe that is un-patriotic....

Seriously are you saying theres "NO limit on how far you can go", I'm guessing you mean the below.

Do you mean as long as you fill up the gas tank it can regenerate the battery, which would allow it to keep getting 90+ miles per gallon of gas. In my opinion is pretty good if so!

Last edited:

"I really dont know or understanbd the facts. I jiust know what I hear and what I beliueve in and I like to state those things as facts"

It makes you look silly.

So where was I wrong, ya pompous a-hole dittohead? And it was bought off Pubs, their charlatan pundits, and their idiot sheep bigot voters who don't know R+D, SHYTTEHEAD.:cuckoo::lol::lol::lol:

Seriously are you saying theres "NO limit on how far you can go", I'm guessing you mean the below.

Do you mean as long as you fill up the gas tank it can regenerate the battery, which would allow it to keep getting 90+ miles per gallon of gas. In my opinion is pretty good if so!

Yes, the gas engine can keep the battery charged enough to continue as long as you put gas in it. They say it will get about 40mpg doing that.

It makes you look silly.

So where was I wrong, ya pompous a-hole dittohead? And it was bought off Pubs, their charlatan pundits, and their idiot sheep bigot voters who don't know R+D, SHYTTEHEAD.:cuckoo::lol::lol::lol:

Yes we know, everyone's a 'Racist' and Corporate Welfare is good now. You bots need to get your Talking-Points straight. You don't know where you're supposed to stand on anything. Seriously, you OWS/Obama-Bots are craaazy. :cuckoo:

It's STILL $32,500, dittoheads. And 95% of owners love it, saying they have cost us $250k each is unadulterated PUBCRAPPE, and they are as safe as any other car on the road, and there is no limit how far you can go... But thanks for your support, a-hole partisan un-American dittoheads...see sig pp3 for other examples of Pubcrappe that is un-patriotic....

Sure they "love" it. Who wants to admit that they fucked up royally?

It's STILL $32,500, dittoheads. And 95% of owners love it, saying they have cost us $250k each is unadulterated PUBCRAPPE, and they are as safe as any other car on the road, and there is no limit how far you can go... But thanks for your support, a-hole partisan un-American dittoheads...see sig pp3 for other examples of Pubcrappe that is un-patriotic....

Sure they "love" it. Who wants to admit that they fucked up royally?

Yup. This whole Government Motors debacle is just about Politics. No more Corporate Welfare. To Hell with GM.

Volt is unique among electric vehicles because you have two sources of energy. You have an electric source–a battery–that allows you to drive gas–free for an EPA–estimated 35 miles. And there's also an onboard gas generator that produces electricity so you can go up to a total of 375 additional miles on a full tank of gas4.

2012 Chevy Volt | Electric Car | Chevrolet

410 miles on a full charge and a full tank of gas! That takes care of any range concerns.

It makes you look silly.

Take the cost to develop the volt (R and D).
Take the cost to manufacture the volt.

Add those together.

Divide from that number, the amount of volts sold.

That is how much each volt costs GM...

At last look, that number was a shade under 250K.

The rest of your post?

Confirms what i thought about you.

Volt is unique among electric vehicles because you have two sources of energy. You have an electric source–a battery–that allows you to drive gas–free for an EPA–estimated 35 miles. And there's also an onboard gas generator that produces electricity so you can go up to a total of 375 additional miles on a full tank of gas4.

410 miles on a full charge and a full tank of gas! That takes care of any range concerns.

now take this into consideration...

35 miles takes electricity that comes from oil....

The rest...or 375 miles comes from gasoline...a bi product of oil refining.

So exactly how is that helping our dependency on oil?

It makes you look silly.

Add those together.

The rest of your post?

Confirms what i thought about you

you had doubts?

What is the cost of dismantling these things when they reach the end of their lifespans? Not like they can go to the crusher.

You dupes hate the Volt because Rush/Sean/Pubs etc tell you to- ther IS no othre reason.. You're brainwashed AGAIN!!

The Fisker Karma, that Rush etc has also been trying to sabotage, also can keep going as long as you put gas in it. Gorgeous...

What is the cost of dismantling these things when they reach the end of their lifespans? Not like they can go to the crusher.

I havent even thought about that yet......but that will be an issue. I bet there will be a cost to the owner to get rid of the battery,

You dupes hate the Volt because Rush/Sean/Pubs etc tell you to- ther IS no othre reason.. You're brainwashed AGAIN!!

The Fisker Karma, that Rush etc has also been trying to sabotage, also can keep going as long as you put gas in it. Gorgeous...

You're a hateful Bigot who supports Corporate Welfare. Shame on you. :mad:

It makes you look silly.

Add those together.

The rest of your post?

Confirms what i thought about you.

Look again, ASSHOLE, it's down below 100K now, and that was never explained to the dupes- typical PUBCRAPPE! Pompous twit.

Petroleumcan also be used to make steam to turn a turbine. Residual fuel oil, a product refined from crude oil, is often the petroleum product used in electric plants that use petroleum to make steam. Petroleum was used to generate less than three percent (3%) of all electricity generated in U.S. electricity plants in 1998. What is Electricity!

2. Very little oil is used in the US to produce electricity. In 2002, only 2.45% of the electricity produced in the US was produced by using oil.2 The US Energy Information Administration (EIA) expects that percentage to drop to 1.68% by 2025.3 Windpower Cannot Replace Oil in Producing Electricity

The electric power system in the United States is the largest in the world. In fact, with over 800,000 MWe of installed capacity, America has more than twice the generating capacity of China, our nearest competitor. According to the Energy Information Administration (EIA), the electricity generated in America in 2002 came from the following sources:

Coal 50%
Nuclear 20%
Natural Gas 18%
Hydro 07%
Other 05%
clean-energy.us - facts about electricity

It's coal that will power the volt mainly...It's a coal burning (50 percent of the energy that runs it), but as more and more solar, wind, nuclear and hydro becomes part of the mix it becomes cleaner. At the end of the day it does reduces our need for middle eastern oil slightly.

Last edited:

You know the fat blowhard gets $.10 every time you mention his name, right? The more you talk about him, the richer YOU make him.

Petroleumcan also be used to make steam to turn a turbine. Residual fuel oil, a product refined from crude oil, is often the petroleum product used in electric plants that use petroleum to make steam. Petroleum was used to generate less than three percent (3%) of all electricity generated in U.S. electricity plants in 1998. What is Electricity!

2. Very little oil is used in the US to produce electricity. In 2002, only 2.45% of the electricity produced in the US was produced by using oil.2 The US Energy Information Administration (EIA) expects that percentage to drop to 1.68% by 2025.3 Windpower Cannot Replace Oil in Producing Electricity

The electric power system in the United States is the largest in the world. In fact, with over 800,000 MWe of installed capacity, America has more than twice the generating capacity of China, our nearest competitor. According to the Energy Information Administration (EIA), the electricity generated in America in 2002 came from the following sources:

Coal 50%
Nuclear 20%
Natural Gas 18%
Hydro 07%
Other 05%
clean-energy.us - facts about electricity

It's coal that will power the volt mainly...It's a coal burning (50 percent of the energy that runs it), but as more and more solar, wind, nuclear and hydro becomes part of the mix it becomes cleaner. At the end of the day it does reduces our need for middle eastern oil slightly.

the point is....according to the stats I was given by euither you aor that child Franco....

35 miles...or less than 10% of the mile capacity of the volt comes from electricity.

So how is that going to lower our dependence on oil?

I thought GM was doing good why are they laying these people off? Why can't they transfer them to other duties?

General Motors Co. announced the temporary suspension of Chevrolet Volt production and the layoffs of 1300 employees, as the company is cutting Volt manufacturing to meet lower-than-expected demand for the electric cars.

GM laying off 1300 due to low Volt sales | Campaign 2012 | Washington Examiner

Forum List

Back