Chevy Volt Production Put On Five Week Hold

You thought the Volt had a 30 mile range- you are ignorant. LOL You dupes are unbelievable LOL.
Did anyone here say 30?

Afraid NOT. Guess you need to visit: RIF

:eusa_hand:

Had to borrow this bit of brilliance.

The only thing that is really “new” about electric cars is the persistency with which liberals try to impose poor engineering on to the laws of physics.

You thought the Volt had a 30 mile range- you are ignorant. LOL You dupes are unbelievable LOL.
Did anyone here say 30?

Afraid NOT. Guess you need to visit: RIF

:eusa_hand:

Had to borrow this bit of brilliance.

The only thing that is really “new” about electric cars is the persistency with which liberals try to impose poor engineering on to the laws of physics.

But those laws they don't care about...as long as thier political agenda is met...no matter the impossibility...or hardships imposed by such impossibilities. (But then they blame others because science and economics by nature disagree with thier dictates...they impose none the less).

Perpetual motion is a nice concept...until the laws of physics kick in...Material wears out...

I invented a perpetual motion machine. I was going to build these 50 foot birds and put them by the ocean. They would bob up and down forever

3053617_4.jpg

Damn oil conspiracy did me in

Perpetual motion is a nice concept...until the laws of physics kick in...Material wears out...

I invented a perpetual motion machine. I was going to build these 50 foot birds and put them by the ocean. They would bob up and down forever

3053617_4.jpg

Translation: "I Sewerboy...am an Idiot..."

3053617_4.jpg

Those aren't perpetual motion machines, dipshit. They require an energy input, like the sun.

3053617_4.jpg

Those aren't perpetual motion machines, dipshit. They require an energy input, like the sun.
Sewerbrat knew this...he is being obteuse, and a royal asshole as usual

if there were so many people who did, they would sell, oh wait they are to expensive? well what do you know?:eek::rolleyes:

and theres a tiny weensy little issue regards technology , why it is you insist on fitting a round peg into a square hole.....oh becasue its 'good'....:lol:

people want these these cars becasue congress via CAFE standards distorts the market and willful refusal to provide for the supply of petrol that would keep them in the larger vehicles the really want.

Congress is willfully refusing to supply petrol? You aren't even starting from a reasonable person standard.

Oil is running out. Even if we drilled every conceivable place in the US that there might be oil, it won't affect the price of gas that drastically. Oil, no matter where it comes from, goes into the global market. We don't have enough oil in our ground to make a dent.

We can make a difference right now today. For an investment equal to about what we spend in a week on oil in this country we can have battery swapping stations from coast to coast.

No, EVs won't replace ALL gas powered vehicles. Yes, people will still need their larger gas powered vehicles, but imagine if these EVs replaced 10% of gas powered vehicles for people on their daily, one person in their gas guzzling SU-fucking-V, commutes? How much would that reduce our dependency on oil?

The Volt is expensive. So's the Tesla. And? The Tesla, by the way, is developing a less expensive Sedan. Still in the over 35K range, but a far cry from what one of their Roadsters cost.

The cost will come down for these vehicles and their wonderful technology. Maybe if they got all the tax breaks and subsidies the oil companies get..:eusa_whistle:

yes, congress and namely the pres. have kept the industry in check, providing exploratory licenses is one thing, then granting production leases is wholly another.

The natural gas boom is being driven purely by private domain, federal lands account for less than 15% of the productive fields. Obama has zip to do with it BUT the EPA is doing their level best to interfere, but thats a great deal harder on privately leased land.

Even if we drilled every conceivable place in the US that there might be oil, it won't affect the price of gas that drastically

now you're just making things up....:doubt:

peak Oil or fossil fuel peak is BS, period.

the technology is not there yet, we have 5 national laboratories where in we spend billions to foster R&D on Green tech., they are on it.

When the tech. creates an efficient method of electrical power for vehicles, it won't be a secret, we are still at least a decade away.

Ecology has zip to do with it. The Volt is a mess, its cramped, its range is not very good, and the price precludes mass consumption, not even close to that. It is a boutique vehicle, GM did their level best with ala the federal help they needed to make it work, so IF IT COULD WORK, they wold not be pulling it.

Unless of course you are in favor of just paying GM outright to make them, AND then having them via a transfer of tax dollars to them, so they could drop the price to say 15-25k range....thats just nuts, period, why not just give them away.
I see nothing wrong with government providing some subsidy for an electric car, high efficiency light bulbs, recycling, or any new product or service that would benefit society as long as the subsidy has a limited life.

3053617_4.jpg

I think you should roll with them RW. ;) amabO Bird Dolls. You say they Jerk Off Perpetually??? Cool. :):):)

Congress is willfully refusing to supply petrol? You aren't even starting from a reasonable person standard.

Oil is running out. Even if we drilled every conceivable place in the US that there might be oil, it won't affect the price of gas that drastically. Oil, no matter where it comes from, goes into the global market. We don't have enough oil in our ground to make a dent.

We can make a difference right now today. For an investment equal to about what we spend in a week on oil in this country we can have battery swapping stations from coast to coast.

No, EVs won't replace ALL gas powered vehicles. Yes, people will still need their larger gas powered vehicles, but imagine if these EVs replaced 10% of gas powered vehicles for people on their daily, one person in their gas guzzling SU-fucking-V, commutes? How much would that reduce our dependency on oil?

The Volt is expensive. So's the Tesla. And? The Tesla, by the way, is developing a less expensive Sedan. Still in the over 35K range, but a far cry from what one of their Roadsters cost.

The cost will come down for these vehicles and their wonderful technology. Maybe if they got all the tax breaks and subsidies the oil companies get..:eusa_whistle:

yes, congress and namely the pres. have kept the industry in check, providing exploratory licenses is one thing, then granting production leases is wholly another.

The natural gas boom is being driven purely by private domain, federal lands account for less than 15% of the productive fields. Obama has zip to do with it BUT the EPA is doing their level best to interfere, but thats a great deal harder on privately leased land.

Even if we drilled every conceivable place in the US that there might be oil, it won't affect the price of gas that drastically

the technology is not there yet, we have 5 national laboratories where in we spend billions to foster R&D on Green tech., they are on it.

When the tech. creates an efficient method of electrical power for vehicles, it won't be a secret, we are still at least a decade away.

Ecology has zip to do with it. The Volt is a mess, its cramped, its range is not very good, and the price precludes mass consumption, not even close to that. It is a boutique vehicle, GM did their level best with ala the federal help they needed to make it work, so IF IT COULD WORK, they wold not be pulling it.

Unless of course you are in favor of just paying GM outright to make them, AND then having them via a transfer of tax dollars to them, so they could drop the price to say 15-25k range....thats just nuts, period, why not just give them away.
I see nothing wrong with government providing some subsidy for an electric car, high efficiency light bulbs, recycling, or any new product or service that would benefit society as long as the subsidy has a limited life.

Yep. Neither does GE. $$$$$$$$$$$$$

3053617_4.jpg

I think you should roll with them RW. ;) amabO Bird Dolls. You say they Jerk Off Perpetually??? Cool. :):):)
Right UP his alley! :lol:

What you're saying is that you don't see a problem with fascism. Government has never demonstrated any special talent for picking winning technologies. In fact, it has been spectacularly bad at it. Jimmy Carter dabbling in oil shale and solar panels in the 70s is a classic example.

When government chooses technologies, it does so for political reasons, not economic reasons. It will never be a competent player in the market and should stay the hell out.

Like the temporary oil subsidies?

Given how hard it is to get rid of those things I prefer to simply oppose them, especially when you add in the fact that they usually subsidize products that end up failing or products that don't need a subsidy.

Car Review: New Car Test Drive

Below is a full, detailed review for the 2011 Chevrolet Volt written by the automotive experts at New Car Test Drive. A full evaluation of the driving experience, equipment and pricing are included from journalists with a wealth of experience.
Chevrolet Volt: Introduction
By JIM MCCRAW

General Motors has been working for nearly four years to bring the Volt electric sedan to market, and, based on what we've experienced, the final result is a shockingly good, technologically brilliant electrically powered sedan. The Volt seats four.

The Chevrolet Volt uses a enormous 420-pound, T-shaped lithium-ion battery, mounted right in the center of the car, under the center console and rear seat, to power the car through a large 149-horsepower, 368 foot-pound AC-current electric motor with a planetary transmission and transaxle driving the front wheels. Chevrolet says a fully charged battery will run the car on electricity alone for nearly 47 miles.

The battery, co-developed with Korea's LG Chemical, a leader in this technology, uses 288 slim cells divided into four 72-cell packs. The battery has its own separate heating and cooling systems to allow it to operate efficiently in extremes of temperature. The battery can be fully charged on normal house current in 10-12 hours, said Chevrolet, and with a 240-volt charging station, in about four hours. Since electric power rates vary wildly across the country, Chevrolet estimated than an overnight charge will cost $1.00 to $1.50 per day, far less than the several gallons of gasoline it would take most commuters to get to work and back. Chevrolet will charge $490 for the fast-charging station, plus whatever your local power utility will charge for installation, and some power companies are prepared to offer rebates on installations to promote the idea. The first 4,400 Chevrolet Volt buyers will get the charging station free.

When impending battery depletion is sensed by the electronic control system that links the battery, motor, clutches, transaxle, and starter/generator together, the 1.4-liter gasoline engine starts, and converts the starter into a 55-kilowatt generator, which then supplies electrical power to the battery and the motor so that the journey can continue.

Travel can continue until the 9.3-gallon fuel tank runs out of fuel, a distance that Chevrolet calculates to be about 350 miles, or 47 miles on the battery and 310 miles using gasoline to charge the battery. The battery is never truly depleted, and operates continuously between 50 and 65 percent of its capacity, but the system is geared toward preserving the battery's life and condition under extremes of heat, cold and continuous duty.

Reviews - Review of New Cars - New York Times

- Review of New Cars - New York Times

Ignorant haters should stfu...ty

So you object to tax breaks for alternative fuel vehicles and for vehicles like the Prius or Volt, but tax breaks for SUVs didn't bother you back then?
I'm the one that swung and missed? :lol:

Okay...:eusa_eh:

So how many mpg do you get with your VOLT?

1. The mph is not meaningful without knowing a trip’s length, because calculating fuel economy depends on the ratio of electric to gasoline use.

a. We’ve been getting between 23 and 28 mpg, due to the winter’s freeze. The car’s electric range is very susceptible to cold weather since the heater runs on electricity.

b. We’ve also found that an extended highway cruise shortens the electric range.

2. So, the fuel economy depends on your driving pattern. The more often and further you travel, the closer your overall energy use drops toward 30 mpg.

3. Based on energy use, the Volt has been averaging close to 2 miles per kilowatt-hour, which, according to the EPA, is the equivalent of 65 mpg. But that’s for the first 25 miles or so, on battery alone.
The April 2011 edition of Consumer Reports

I was more concerned what his VOLT's mpg was, because for all his belly aching, he doesn't even own one, he expects others to buy one but he doesn't. It is because the car only appeals to very few people and it isn't practical for most people, that is why it is failing.

Forum List

Back