Chevy Volt Production Put On Five Week Hold

Why do conservatives cheer the failure of an alternative to the gasoline engine?

The liberal position in these Obama years has been that the ends justify the means.

I adamantly oppose that philosophy, and I admit to a little bit of schadenfreude when liberals aren't even getting the ends that they have attempted to sell America's collective soul to achieve.

I am for achieving viable alternative energy in a way which doesn't put people who depend on our present economic forces out of work and doesn't cause starvation around the world ...

So sue me.

The Chevy Volt works and by all accounts their owners love them

then why do they have to be bribed to buy one?

Government always picks winners and losers in the alternate energy car game. Farmers with ethanol, electric cars are just examples. Its the same failure over and over again.

Only a matter of time before GM (Government Motors) demands another Taxpayer Bailout. Bet on that.

Three years ago when we gave the last one, your side was predicting they would come begging in six months

The liberal position in these Obama years has been that the ends justify the means.

I adamantly oppose that philosophy, and I admit to a little bit of schadenfreude when liberals aren't even getting the ends that they have attempted to sell America's collective soul to achieve.

I am for achieving viable alternative energy in a way which doesn't put people who depend on our present economic forces out of work and doesn't cause starvation around the world ...

So sue me.

then why do they have to be bribed to buy one?
Or make market conditions so bad you are forced into bad technology?

It's nothing more than government manipulation based on a political agenda. Obama is leading the charge.

So sue me.

It not only works, but it is just as safe as gas powered vehicles.

It has been the relentless attacks by the likes of the drug addled gasbag, Rush Limbaugh, that are hurting Volt sales. Its the GOP rooting for failure once again.

Rush Limbaugh is the only reason Volts are not selling? I would think people like you would buy one just to piss him off.

The Volt cost 44k. How long would you have to drive it to be cost effective? Not to mention its original intent was a prototype show car not a production vehicle.

It's just another solyndra boondoggle.

About the same price as many pickup trucks and SUV's.

uhm no, not even close.

we have been thru this, and the calculation have been posted here in one of the other costs you said the very same, I am not posting again, becasue it would not do any good.

gas would have to be approx 8 bucks a gallon for years and for someone travels more than a city commute on a daily basis, then theres the resale value, then theres the charging issues.

and of course you have to believe a) in peak oil, which is BS, b) that fossil fuels are harmful, c) and that our lack of use would change anything on a cost effective basis even if it were so...

Why do conservatives cheer the failure of an alternative to the gasoline engine?

So sue me.

and how are those owners? classify for them for us please.

Electric Cars will not solve our problems ultimately. In fact, they will create a lot of new problems. Such massive consumption of Electricity will create a huge strain both monetarily & environmentally. Such massive Electricity has to be produced, and that will create all sorts of problems. We'll have to look elsewhere to solve our fuel consumption problem.

Has anybody figured out where the electricity is going to come from to power up these beauties? And, How much is your electric bill going to go up?? Shades of short sighted ness..

Has anybody figured out where the electricity is going to come from to power up these beauties? And, How much is your electric bill going to go up?? Shades of short sighted ness..

Those who have them do not see significant rises in their electric bills. If you want to go completely off grid, you could charge off of solar panels. I have even seen parking lots with awnings and solar panels where you can charge during the day

Forum List

Back