Chicago concealed carry gun owner kills robber...

Anyone that commits armed robbery deserves to get shot. It should be a capital offense.
I'm afraid the laws of this nation completely disagree. Money is not worth a human life.
You completely miss the point, moron. The shooting was in self defense. The victims had no way of knowing whether he would have killed one or more of them.
No, it wasn't in self-defense, hence the problem. The guy wanted money, not to kill anyone.

Then what was the gun for?

Didn't know that robbery was a capital offense? Interesting.

Ordering the clerk into the back room at gun point changes everything.
I disagree. Had he locked them both in a room, taken the money and gone, no one would have been harmed. To really be in the clear here, you have to wait until the guy starts shooting, at a person.

Dude, If the armed street thug has already killed the clerk, then why bother getting involved. The time to act was before they entered the back room.

And for you to approach an armed street thug in an enclosed room with only one way in amounts to a suicidal act on your part.
He didn't kill anyone, more than likely wouldn't have, and if you don't want to be charged with murder you'd better wait until he starts shooting.

Some people aren't willing to bet their own lives, or the lives of others, on what you think an armed robber may or may not do. There have been plenty of armed robberies where people were executed for no logical reason.
That is correct but it is still nearly always true that if you give them what they want they go away, peacefully. That is what the do not resist or follow them out policies of major chains are based on. Sometimes you have to play the odds.

Anyone that commits armed robbery deserves to get shot. It should be a capital offense.
I'm afraid the laws of this nation completely disagree. Money is not worth a human life.
You completely miss the point, moron. The shooting was in self defense. The victims had no way of knowing whether he would have killed one or more of them.
No, it wasn't in self-defense, hence the problem. The guy wanted money, not to kill anyone.

As a threat. Why would they just hand over cash, especially in a place like that, just because they asked, although that undoubtedly is their policy.

As a threat. Why would they just hand over cash, especially in a place like that, just because they asked, although that undoubtedly is their policy.

Yes it was a threat, a threat to everyone's lives there. So someone rightfully decided he was not going to leave his fate in the hands of some armed thug robber.

Strange that you would defend an armed robber to this degree.

"A masked man, later identified as 55-year-old Reginald Gildersleeve, walked into the store and currency exchange about 7 p.m. Saturday on the city's southwest side, displayed a handgun and announced a robbery to an employee, police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said."

"He had an extensive criminal history, including prior arrests for robbery, the Sun-Times reported"

Sound like he had spent his lifetime looking for his grave.

Finally found it.

"A masked man, later identified as 55-year-old Reginald Gildersleeve, walked into the store and currency exchange about 7 p.m. Saturday on the city's southwest side, displayed a handgun and announced a robbery to an employee, police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said."

"He had an extensive criminal history, including prior arrests for robbery, the Sun-Times reported"

Finally found it.
Still doesn't mean you're allowed to just shoot him...

Yes it was a threat, a threat to everyone's lives there. So someone rightfully decided he was not going to leave his fate in the hands of some armed thug robber.

I'm defending Law and Order. Just because someone is committing a crime doesn't mean you can just shoot them.

Finally found it.
Still doesn't mean you're allowed to just shoot him...

Someone points a gun at me, HE just gave me the right to shoot him.

I'm defending Law and Order. Just because someone is committing a crime doesn't mean you can just shoot them.

You're defending law and order by claiming an armed robber should be allowed to threaten and possibly execute anyone he wants.

If someone is committing a crime that is threatening the lives of anyone, yes you can shoot them.

You're defending law and order by claiming an armed robber should be allowed to threaten and possibly execute anyone he wants.

If someone is committing a crime that is threatening the lives of anyone, yes you can shoot them.
That is untrue, why he might be charged, and there was likely no real threat at all, it was just a robbery.

That is untrue, why he might be charged, and there was likely no real threat at all, it was just a robbery.

If there is any real possibility he could be charged, it would only be because some batshit crazy progressive sh*tstain is in a position of power that they obviously have no business being in.

Love these stories where a thug bastard gets put down by a carrier!
I'm sure that you do. You are all for vigilante "justice", most gun-nuts are. They can't wait to play John Wayne...
You know, Paint, you really are a despicable piece of shit contrarian. The thug was armed. Not only is he guilty of armed robbery but also aggravated assault. If someone dropped dead of a heart attack during the robbery then the thug would be guilty of felony murder.

Fuck that scum fuck. If you have a weapon confronting someone for whatever reason then you are putting a reasonable person in apprehension of immediate death or severe bodily injury, in which case deadly force is both legal and appropriate.,
Not much good to not take a gun to a robbery like that eh? And armed robbery is still not a capital offense here, and no one was assaulted.
The victims where not executing Justice, they were defending THEMSELVES. Whether it is a capital offense is of no consequence, fuck breath.
They were in no actual danger, more than likely. That is now for the state to decide.
Bullshit. The sub-human was a serial armed robber.

Yes..another shooting for Chicago concealed carry permit holders......one day the criminals will get the point that democrats can no longer disarm the victims of crime...the victims can finally shoot back...

AP News - Police: Concealed carry license holder kills armed gunman

CHICAGO (AP) — Chicago police say a customer with a concealed carry license shot and killed an armed man attempting to rob a neighborhood store.

Police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said a masked man walked into the store and currency exchange about 7 p.m. Saturday on the city's southwest side, displayed a handgun and announced a robbery to an employ

So you point a gun at people and tell them...do as I say or I will kill you...and you expect the victims to try to determine whether the criminal will follow through?

In that situation they have placed you in the position of shooting them or not...that is all on the criminal.

Yes..another shooting for Chicago concealed carry permit holders......one day the criminals will get the point that democrats can no longer disarm the victims of crime...the victims can finally shoot back...

CHICAGO (AP) — Chicago police say a customer with a concealed carry license shot and killed an armed man attempting to rob a neighborhood store.

Police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said a masked man walked into the store and currency exchange about 7 p.m. Saturday on the city's southwest side, displayed a handgun and announced a robbery to an employ

I disagree. Had he locked them both in a room, taken the money and gone, no one would have been harmed. To really be in the clear here, you have to wait until the guy starts shooting, at a person.

Nope.....if you feel in mortal danger, you can fire.....and it will be up to jurors to decide from the reasonable man standard...

Meanwhile 12 killed and another 26 injured in the last 72 hours by a gun in the rest of the country:

Last 72 Hours | Gun Violence Archive

and according to Bill Clinton 1.5 million times a year Americans use guns to stop violent criminal attack........

and of those injured, a majority of them are criminals...as are the shooters....

I'm sure that you do. You are all for vigilante "justice", most gun-nuts are. They can't wait to play John Wayne...

nope...we want to be left alone......but between seeing innocent people hurt or the criminal...I'd rather the criminal was shot...

Nope, just love seeing you leftist pigs take a punch in the gut over the reality of concealed carry: it protects people from the scum that the left loves to champion.
Killing a guy who probably would have left peacefully with some cash is not protecting society. That is not worth a human life. That is why nearly everything like that has,as policy, do what he says and give him the cash. Do not go after him or you're fired. That is for the protection of the customers and the staff.

yes...and how do you know what he plans on doing? are you psychic.....I have seen too many times where the victims are murdered after completely cooperating with the criminal....the Brown's Chicken murders in palatine, Illinois is just one.

Dumbest thing I've read all day. So we should wait and let the criminal get the first shot? You're an idiot.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Forum List

Back