Chick-fil-A feeds stranded drivers

Some of the drivers had been stuck in their cars for nearly seven hours without any food or water. So the staff of the Chick-fil-A decided to lend a helping hand.

“We cooked several hundred sandwiches and stood out on both sides of 280 and handed out the sandwiches to anyone we could get to – as long as we had food to give out.”

The staffers braved the falling snow and ice and Chick-fil-A refused to take a single penny for their sandwiches.

The meal was a gift – no strings attached.
What a genuinely nice gesture by Chick-Fil-A. They surely went above and beyond the call of duty. They demonstrated an exemplary model of kindness and concern for their fellow citizen. My kind of folks. I will continue to frequent their establishment whenever I can. I will even go out of my way now to eat there. They do make a great chicken burger. :)

Look at all those stranded in the South due to the storm. Unreal, yet they say the south had a 21 hour warning and it wasn't taken seriously. The mayor of Atlanta and the governor of Georgia were caught and look really stupid.

Is this supposed to make him less of a homphobic asshole,

or just a homophobic asshole who happens to be able to occasionally act like a decent human being in unrelated matters?

and people like you say that the right has no tolerance.

Funny.

Why would I tolerate bigotry?

Do you tolerate people who want to take your guns away? Do you support their efforts?

Your point is moot.

Bigotry is not a crime. There is no law against bigotry.

Trying to take someone's legally owned guns away flies against the 2nd amendment of the Constitution. Ownership is a constitutional right.

After reading this, I think I'll have a spicy chicken sandwich for lunch tomorrow.

Threads like this are hilarious to me.

1. What does this have to do with the CEO's comments on gays?

2. Why do you feel the need to cheerlead for a multi-national corporation?

Chick-fil-A isn't a multinational company. It is only in the US.

And I don't think acknowledging the good a company does is cheerleading. Is praising charity by an individual cheerleading also? Is noting the bad a company may do, i.e. pollution, necessarily bashing?

You're completely correct on the first point.

On the second, I'd agree if the context of the OP was different.

Did he not speak there?

sure but so what?

He orders gays to be executed and you say....so what? :eusa_hand:

I don't think you'd find many liberals that agree with I'm-a-dinner-jacket on any issues at all.

On the other hand, I don't claim to speak for all "liberals", but I applaud Columbia's decision to allow him to speak. You should never be afraid to hear what your enemy has to say.

My little brother was a student at Columbia when he spoke there. He wasn't "corrupted" by it. I'm confident in saying that no Columbia students were harmed by hearing him speak. None of them agreed with him, none of them were swayed by his arguments. He was loudly booed and ridiculed by the student audience.

So, I'm curious. Will the same people who slammed the CEO of Chick-Fil-A for giving his honest, personal opinion of gay marriage when asked, now praise him for the charity his company is engaging in? I'm guessing we won't hear much about it.

Chick-fil-A feeds stranded drivers - New York News

yeah no, look those people are morons who can't handle a cm of snow and ice. saw pictures, it was sad. 4 miles in 5 hours because you cant handle a little ice.

This is an over simplification, at best. No, we southern drivers can't handle ice covered roads. To be honest, neither can northern drivers. But Atlanta and Birmingham do not have the equipment to deal with spreading salt and sand on the roads. Storms like this happened every few years, and cause problems for a day or so. If you get several feet of snow every year you have the equipment to deal with it. If you get a snow storm every 5 years, you (hopefully) don't waste tax dollars (tens of thousands of tax dollars) on this equipment.

The problem in Atlanta was that the power that be decided not to close the schools until the snow was coming down fairly well. Then every school was dismissed. The first few hours of traffic problems were not due to snow, but to volume of traffic. Most of the greater Atlanta area was trying to either get home or get to their kids and get home, at the same time.

sure but so what?

I don't think you'd find many liberals that agree with I'm-a-dinner-jacket on any issues at all.

On the other hand, I don't claim to speak for all "liberals", but I applaud Columbia's decision to allow him to speak. You should never be afraid to hear what your enemy has to say.

My little brother was a student at Columbia when he spoke there. He wasn't "corrupted" by it. I'm confident in saying that no Columbia students were harmed by hearing him speak. None of them agreed with him, none of them were swayed by his arguments. He was loudly booed and ridiculed by the student audience.

I did not think anyone could be corrupted by it. It is the principle. Would I want to ask Hitler over to my house, for a talk? I don't think so

That guy executes people for being gay!!! This is why he can honestly say there are no gays in his country.

What I would like to know is how a few inches of snow can cause all this havoc? Those people are capable. Slow down and plow through it. I hope that everyone is ok down there but its unreal that a few inches of snow can do such harm. Snow is simply a normal part of weather.

The problem was not the snow. The problem was that it had been in the upper 50s the day before, so the ground was warm at first. This melted the first few hours of snow and created a layer of ice. It was not the snow but the ice that crippled the cities that have very little equipment for handling salt or sand on the roadways.

I did not think anyone could be corrupted by it. It is the principle. Would I want to ask Hitler over to my house, for a talk? I don't think so

That guy executes people for being gay!!! This is why he can honestly say there are no gays in his country.

I guess I just look at it from a different way.

Hitler killed more than half my ancestors - but I'd jump at an opportunity to have a conversation with him, to be able to ask him questions and hear his justifications and reasons.

Understanding why and how Hitler was able to do what he did is the single most important part of preventing it from ever happening again.

I guess I just look at it from a different way.

Hitler killed more than half my ancestors - but I'd jump at an opportunity to have a conversation with him, to be able to ask him questions and hear his justifications and reasons.

Understanding why and how Hitler was able to do what he did is the single most important part of preventing it from ever happening again.

A mass murder, can't say anything to me about his so called justification in the vile depravity of what he and the Iranian prez has done.

I always say if one can understand why someone commits such atrocities, that one may find that they are capable of the same thing

Last edited:
What I would like to know is how a few inches of snow can cause all this havoc? Those people are capable. Slow down and plow through it. I hope that everyone is ok down there but its unreal that a few inches of snow can do such harm. Snow is simply a normal part of weather.

The problem was not the snow. The problem was that it had been in the upper 50s the day before, so the ground was warm at first. This melted the first few hours of snow and created a layer of ice. It was not the snow but the ice that crippled the cities that have very little equipment for handling salt or sand on the roadways.

Where I live, the city doesn't salt or plow a lot of the streets so my ride home is like a roller coaster ride.

People who don't have four wheel drive are also a problem because they get stuck, slide out, have people push them, etc.

People have low air pressure or bald tires and don't belong in the snow or ice.

Plus they have no experience driving on ice or snow.

Where I live, the city doesn't salt or plow a lot of the streets so my ride home is like a roller coaster ride.

People who don't have four wheel drive are also a problem because they get stuck, slide out, have people push them, etc.

People have low air pressure or bald tires and don't belong in the snow or ice.

Plus they have no experience driving on ice or snow.

I doubt many people in Atlanta buy 4x4 vehicles for the snow storms that happen every 4 or 5 years and last 2 or 3 days. Also, having 4WD on ice just means that you have more wheels spinning. Without chains you are not getting anywhere on ice.

The article failed to mention that all the motorists were homosexuals and that Chik-Fil-A was giving them food in compliance with a recently negotiated contract with Marcus Bachmann, field testing a new "Feed the gay away" therapy regimen.

So, I'm curious. Will the same people who slammed the CEO of Chick-Fil-A for giving his honest, personal opinion of gay marriage when asked, now praise him for the charity his company is engaging in? I'm guessing we won't hear much about it.

Isn't that like saying we should forgive the Holocaust because the Autobahn is kind of cool?

Yes, it was a nice thing for the chain to do because a bunch of bubba rednecks don't know how to drive in a whopping 2 inches of snow.

It still doesn't make up for the fact that Dan Cathy engaged in supporting hate groups.

Isn't that like saying we should forgive the Holocaust because the Autobahn is kind of cool?

Yes, it was a nice thing for the chain to do because a bunch of bubba rednecks don't know how to drive in a whopping 2 inches of snow.

It still doesn't make up for the fact that Dan Cathy engaged in supporting hate groups.

Of course they are going to feed people. It is hard to be part of the community in danger and not feed people and save face that you don't care about their welfare.

Forum List

Back