Chief Justice Roberts Rebukes Trump

Roberts is wrong, the circuits do overstep their authority, the USSC will eventually correct.
Justice Thomas is correct that the USSC needs to limit the power of the 700 or so circuit judges that occasionally overstep their authority.

I have no doubt Thomas wants to control the power of judges. That is the conservative way, authoritarianism.

Remember, they have passed legislation on trial court judges on their sentencing power - tying the hands of the trier of fact on something they did not hear and have no understanding of, on the circumstances of the crime and of the convicted defendant(s) and/or victims.

My problem is that one judge can negate the power of the elected president. IMHO the one judge can issue an "opinion", and then it would need to be supported by a higher legal body as to constitutionality before impacting the decision of the President via an injunction. The current system of "judge shopping" hinders the President from protecting the citizens, such as by the 9th Circuit siding with migrants invading the US instead of the President protecting the US from said invasion. I hope Justice Thomas succeeds in limiting the power of circuit judges.

Like I said. Roberts is obviously a fucking homo muslim democrat America hater.
Roberts is an establishment oligarch, who believes those in his line of "work" are demi-gods on Earth....Fuckem.

Roberts has a life tenure, and there is noting dotard can do about it.

OMG, take a nerve pill. Trump and Roberts are having a debate on the courts. Justice Thomas will likely have the USSC limit the circuit judges' (about 700 or so) to issue nationwide injunctions. The 9th gets overturned about 61% of the time, so their rulings are generally garbage.
And the 6th (Ohio, Michigan, and Kentucky) gets overturned about 87% of the time and the 11th (Alabama, Florida and Georgia) gets overturned about 85% of the time.

The 9th gets overturned 125% of the time, they are so liberal biased the SCOTUS pre-overturns the 9ths decisions an extra 25% to save time.
And as a faithful trumpanzee....I'm quite sure you believe that.

Roberts is wrong, the circuits do overstep their authority, the USSC will eventually correct.
Justice Thomas is correct that the USSC needs to limit the power of the 700 or so circuit judges that occasionally overstep their authority.

I have no doubt Thomas wants to control the power of judges. That is the conservative way, authoritarianism.

Remember, they have passed legislation on trial court judges on their sentencing power - tying the hands of the trier of fact on something they did not hear and have no understanding of, on the circumstances of the crime and of the convicted defendant(s) and/or victims.

My problem is that one judge can negate the power of the elected president. IMHO the one judge can issue an "opinion", and then it would need to be supported by a higher legal body as to constitutionality before impacting the decision of the President via an injunction. The current system of "judge shopping" hinders the President from protecting the citizens, such as by the 9th Circuit siding with migrants invading the US instead of the President protecting the US from said invasion. I hope Justice Thomas succeeds in limiting the power of circuit judges.
So, you are not a fan of the Checks and Balances built into our Constitution. Not surprising...almost every day we hear from deplorable trumpanzees that only show support for the Constitution when it's EASY for them ....

Roberts is an establishment oligarch, who believes those in his line of "work" are demi-gods on Earth....Fuckem.

Roberts has a life tenure, and there is noting dotard can do about it.

OMG, take a nerve pill. Trump and Roberts are having a debate on the courts. Justice Thomas will likely have the USSC limit the circuit judges' (about 700 or so) to issue nationwide injunctions. The 9th gets overturned about 61% of the time, so their rulings are generally garbage.
And the 6th (Ohio, Michigan, and Kentucky) gets overturned about 87% of the time and the 11th (Alabama, Florida and Georgia) gets overturned about 85% of the time.

The 9th gets overturned 125% of the time, they are so liberal biased the SCOTUS pre-overturns the 9ths decisions an extra 25% to save time.
And as a faithful trumpanzee....I'm quite sure you believe that.

You bitter liberals have no sense of humor.

So, you are not a fan of the Checks and Balances built into our Constitution. Not surprising...almost every day we hear from deplorable trumpanzees that only show support for the Constitution when it's EASY for them ....

Where in the Constitution does it say that activist judges can overreach until the higher courts overturn their ruling and restore order?
The USSC can correct the situation by limiting what these activist chimps can do and limit their damage.

In an extraordinary time, a chief justice, head of a coequal branch, product of divided sovereignty that the framers saw was essential, I think has a kind of moral obligation if he sees something, to say something, and I think that it’s not bad for the system to have the chief justice weigh in on this because the president’s control of our mindshare is so amazing

I think that the president is so dominant, to some extent, I would, if I were Chief Justice Roberts … I would be thinking about how, what is my obligation in this era where this is a president who has more overtly and rhetorically attacked the courts than anyone since the very brief moment where Franklin Roosevelt in 1937 tried to pack the court, and what’s my obligation there, and I think he’s fulfilling that obligation as he sees it.

In an extraordinary time, a chief justice, head of a coequal branch, product of divided sovereignty that the framers saw was essential, I think has a kind of moral obligation if he sees something, to say something, and I think that it’s not bad for the system to have the chief justice weigh in on this because the president’s control of our mindshare is so amazing

I think that the president is so dominant, to some extent, I would, if I were Chief Justice Roberts … I would be thinking about how, what is my obligation in this era where this is a president who has more overtly and rhetorically attacked the courts than anyone since the very brief moment where Franklin Roosevelt in 1937 tried to pack the court, and what’s my obligation there, and I think he’s fulfilling that obligation as he sees it.

There is nothing wrong with letting the courts know they are not free to roam as they chose.

So the 9th circuit kind of got "rebuked" 86% of the time?

Ignorant morons who get their "education" from the "legal scholar" Sean Hannity, insist on being called ignorant morons.......Here are the facts

1. 6th Circuit - 87 percent;

2. 11th Circuit - 85 percent;

3. 9th Circuit - 79 percent;

4. 3rd Circuit - 78 percent;

You may be right if you cherry pick certain year... How about we look at the average for the 20 years?

View attachment 230323 View attachment 230324

I know it's hard for you to face the facts and admit it, but Trump is right.

Supreme Court Reversal Rates

All fascists are Right, far Right.

And, what that has to do with court reversal rates?

It was a Play on Words. Wry humor. The Federalist Society is a right wing ultra conservative faction of the Republican Party. It is callous conservatism vis a vis compassionate conservatism.

Taking the words in the Constitution at face value does not always benefit the many; in fact it is too often spun to fit the needs of the ruling class and corporations by conservatives on the court.

The attacks on the 9th circuit are in fact a war on reality, where words like infringe are taken literally notwithstanding the carnage which is directly related to that spin.

The data is correct.

But you don't like the data, so you attack the source.

What's your excuse if source is not right wing and shows the same data? How about government site?

CAFC/USCOURTS
BallotPedia
SCOTUS BLOG

You lefties are desperate to prove Trump is wrong. In that desperation, Politifact choose data from 2010 to 2015 to conclude that the Ninth Circuit is the third most reversed, behind the Sixth and Eleventh Circuits. But why cherry pick this window of time? Because it fits the narrative. Look at the 20 year data I provided in charts above. Oh, nooo... 20 year can't count, since it prove you're liar and hypocrite, in other words, how you call it... it's Wry humor. Yeah, we get it.

Ignorant morons who get their "education" from the "legal scholar" Sean Hannity, insist on being called ignorant morons.......Here are the facts

You may be right if you cherry pick certain year... How about we look at the average for the 20 years?

It was a Play on Words. Wry humor. The Federalist Society is a right wing ultra conservative faction of the Republican Party. It is callous conservatism vis a vis compassionate conservatism.

Taking the words in the Constitution at face value does not always benefit the many; in fact it is too often spun to fit the needs of the ruling class and corporations by conservatives on the court.

The attacks on the 9th circuit are in fact a war on reality, where words like infringe are taken literally notwithstanding the carnage which is directly related to that spin.

The data is correct.

What's your excuse if source is not right wing and shows the same data? How about government site?

CAFC/USCOURTS
BallotPedia
SCOTUS BLOG

You lefties are desperate to prove Trump is wrong. In that desperation, Politifact choose data from 2010 to 2015 to conclude that the Ninth Circuit is the third most reversed, behind the Sixth and Eleventh Circuits. But why cherry pick this window of time? Because it fits the narrative. Look at the 20 year data I provided in charts above. Oh, nooo... 20 year can't count, since it prove you're liar and hypocrite, in other words, how you call it... it's Wry humor. Yeah, we get it.

"There are liars, damn liars and statistics"
Anon

Let's pretend Trump is not inept, not experienced, not a narcissist or a megalomaniac or a liar. We can then not challenge the left (the left? What do you mean is "the left"?) as seeking to prove Trump is wrong, the evidence is clear he is an empty suit.

The data is correct.

CAFC/USCOURTS
BallotPedia
SCOTUS BLOG

Anon

Let's pretend Trump is not inept, not experienced, not a narcissist or a megalomaniac or a liar. We can then not challenge the left (the left? What do you mean is "the left"?) as seeking to prove Trump is wrong, the evidence is clear he is an empty suit.

I thought we're talking about court reversal rates.

You seem to love statistics that fit your narrative. But when presented with whole picture, you change the subject and run with tail between your legs. Typical leftist fuck.

The data is correct.

CAFC/USCOURTS
BallotPedia
SCOTUS BLOG

Anon

I thought we're talking about court reversal rates.

You seem to love statistics that fit your narrative. But when presented with whole picture, you change the subject and run with tail between your legs. Typical leftist fuck.

"Typical leftist fuck" I thought not.

Have you read the OP's title. Of course not, typical right wing fuck up.

Trump can say something positive one day and negative the next about the same person.

its hard for him to do so simultaneously, unless he's trying to make up for criticizing someone who reminds him of his own father. then there's good on both sides.

Trump can say something positive one day and negative the next about the same person.

its hard for him to do so simultaneously, unless he's trying to make up for criticizing someone who reminds him of his own father. then there's good on both sides.

Actually, he can be positive about someone in the morning, and then say they are the worst thing in the world that afternoon.

The data is correct.

CAFC/USCOURTS
BallotPedia
SCOTUS BLOG

The average is 70%. The nnth is 75%. What's your point?

They ALL get overturned quite frequently because cases are accepted by higher courts generally when there is a high likelihood of them BEING overturned

Actually, he can be positive about someone in the morning, and then say they are the worst thing in the world that afternoon.

its labeled bipolar depression

"Would love to know if Chief Justice Roberts still maintains his rationale for gutting the Voting Rights Act- that, basically, racism is over. And if he does, I’d like to see if he can maintain a straight face."

The data is correct.

CAFC/USCOURTS
BallotPedia
SCOTUS BLOG

The average is 70%. The nnth is 75%. What's your point?

They ALL get overturned quite frequently because cases are accepted by higher courts generally when there is a high likelihood of them BEING overturned

The data presents otherwise. Maybe you should check it out before you post nonsense.

Forum List

Back