Child bride in Yemen dies of internal bleeding on wedding night: activist

Your attempt at deflection is weak. Arabs are generally considered a semitic people. This may come as a surprise to you but islamism is a politico-religious ideology, not an ethnicity.
The only thing that is 'weak' is that empty goard between your ears. .. :cuckoo: :lol: :lol:

Typically pointless. How interesting that you're a convert who lives in the U.S. which provides you uncounted opportunities simply not available in Islamist/moslem nations.

Your credibility is clearly suspect as it applies to this topic. You may well flail your pom poms for the merits of a crushingly oppressive, theocratic government yet in the U.S. you are protected (by law) from the very atrocities, indignation and injustices imposed by those orthodox islamic regimes you endorse.

....true story .....:cool:

I make judgements about living in the West where I have no real expectation of being the victim of an “honor killing” or an acid attack or a suicide bomber attacking me. I have no real expectation of being forced into a marriage to a relative or sold to the highest bidder. I have no real expectation of being the victim of religious discrimination. The West protects my right to practice any religion of choice (or no religion) without compulsion.
It's not paranoia if someone is really out to get you. .. :eek:

Your attempt at deflection is weak. Arabs are generally considered a semitic people. This may come as a surprise to you but islamism is a politico-religious ideology, not an ethnicity.
The only thing that is 'weak' is that empty goard between your ears. .. :cuckoo: :lol: :lol:

Typically pointless. How interesting that you're a convert who lives in the U.S. which provides you uncounted opportunities simply not available in Islamist/moslem nations.

Your credibility is clearly suspect as it applies to this topic. You may well flail your pom poms for the merits of a crushingly oppressive, theocratic government yet in the U.S. you are protected (by law) from the very atrocities, indignation and injustices imposed by those orthodox islamic regimes you endorse.

It's like you're talking to a 9 year old with Sunni Man, isn't it ?

Clearly, you are awed by my presence; .........and jealous of my choices in life.

And seek to validate your pathetic existence by trying to find fault in a religion you barely understand.

Kinda sad when you think about it. .. :cool:

Look at it this way what right do they or we have in imposing our moral beliefs on another. I for one find it despicable and unacceptable however whom am I to judge.

I do judge. I make judgements every day about the things that affect me.

I make judgements about living in the West where I have no real expectation of being the victim of an “honor killing” or an acid attack or a suicide bomber attacking me. I have no real expectation of being forced into a marriage to a relative or sold to the highest bidder. I have no real expectation of being the victim of religious discrimination. The West protects my right to practice any religion of choice (or no religion) without compulsion. The very rights Moslems demand for themselves, they explicitly deny non-Moslems living in “Moslem Lands”™. It is truly comical to read the posts of those who demand rights and freedoms be granted to them while they cynically and explicitly refuse to extend those same rights to others.

So yes, I certainly do make judgements.

You do realize, that like with most religions, there is a difference between those in one country and in another? American Muslims, for example feel very strongly about the rights and freedoms that America grants, including freedom of religion.

American Muslims demand no more rights and freedoms than any other religious groups nor do they as a rule, deny those same rights to others.

In fact, at this time, unfortunately it is the Christian majority (not the Jews) in this country who are seeking to deny Muslims the same rights and freedoms they themselves enjoy whether it's burning mosques, intimidating individuals with hateful graffitti, attempting to deny the construction of new Mosques or attacking women for wearing headscarves.

I actually didn’t realize that you were tasked with being the spokes-moslem for American Moslems. Such a weighty burden you bear. As said spokes-moslem, I can agree that moslems may feel strongly about American freedoms – the same freedoms their politico-religious ideology denies non-moslems across the islamist Middle East.

So hey, thank Allah someone is finally stepping up to protect the aggrieved, downtrodden “race” of Islam. Happy flying, America.

Secondly, Moslems in the West, particularly in Europe, certainly do demand more rights and freedoms than any other religious groups. If you crawl out from under your burqa, you might have noticed the circus that France and the Netherlands when moslems demanded their “right” to bring their symbols of oppression (the burqa), into the public domain.

In fact, at this time, it is you who is confused regarding your conspiracy theory that Christians (and we’ll include those crafty Joooos… just because you will be that much more incensed), are attempting to --I’ll take a deep breath here -- burn mosques, intimidate individuals with hateful graffitti, attempting to deny the construction of new Mosques or attacking women for wearing headscarves…. breathe in.

My experience is that your conspiracy theory regarding construction of mosques is typically a function of local zoning and Land Use codes that affect new construction. As to burning mosques, those are rare circumstances and it becomes a law enforcement issue. Why don’t you thrill us with a comprehensive list of the number of Christian Copt churches that were burned to the ground or vandalized in Egypt and the law enforcement efforts expended to bring the Peaceful Inner Strugglers™ to justice.

I think it’s important to explicitly and consciously "take sides". I take a side opposite to a belligerent politico-religious ideology whose adherents are perpetually aggrieved members of humanity who see every exercise of personal or religious freedom as an insult to them. September 11, 2001, carved into the American mind a particular image of Islamist militancy: the moslem terrorist mass murder. Like the noisy, publicized, professional whiners and haters that we see who find any excuse to riot and cause mayhem, that image has obscured the many smaller, but in aggregate more dangerous, threats that Western societies face from Islamism. Moslems are cowed by their pious/fundamentalist brethren both theologically and physically. They will not rise against those among them who, in the simplest reading of Islamist scriptures, are the ones practicing authentic Islam. They wouldn't do so even if the balance of weaponry and willingness to fight were the reverse of what it is today.

And yet, day after day you continue to engage me on threads in order to gain knowledge. .. :cool:

Clearly, you are awed by my presence; .........and jealous of my choices in life.

And seek to validate your pathetic existence by trying to find fault in a religion you barely understand.

Kinda sad when you think about it. .. :cool:
Well, actually, what's sad is your excuses for pointless banter.

Islam is the one ideology out of all ideologies in mankind's long history that has clung to a fantastic notion of being above the scrutiny of reason, the honesty of criticism, and the fairness of self-examination. Christianity, Judaism, all manner of secular political systems, and more have all passed through the crucible of analysis, reform, and expiation.

Not surprising then that a social misfit who claims to want sharia in the U.S. has no intention of living where sharia really is the law.

What a coward you are.

And yet, day after day you continue to engage me on threads in order to gain knowledge. .. :cool:

Not at all. I just decide to confront your vulgarity when you leave your vile PM's.

You're just an unfortunate social misfit

... true story... :cool:

I do judge. I make judgements every day about the things that affect me.

I make judgements about living in the West where I have no real expectation of being the victim of an “honor killing” or an acid attack or a suicide bomber attacking me. I have no real expectation of being forced into a marriage to a relative or sold to the highest bidder. I have no real expectation of being the victim of religious discrimination. The West protects my right to practice any religion of choice (or no religion) without compulsion. The very rights Moslems demand for themselves, they explicitly deny non-Moslems living in “Moslem Lands”™. It is truly comical to read the posts of those who demand rights and freedoms be granted to them while they cynically and explicitly refuse to extend those same rights to others.

So yes, I certainly do make judgements.

You do realize, that like with most religions, there is a difference between those in one country and in another? American Muslims, for example feel very strongly about the rights and freedoms that America grants, including freedom of religion.

American Muslims demand no more rights and freedoms than any other religious groups nor do they as a rule, deny those same rights to others.

In fact, at this time, unfortunately it is the Christian majority (not the Jews) in this country who are seeking to deny Muslims the same rights and freedoms they themselves enjoy whether it's burning mosques, intimidating individuals with hateful graffitti, attempting to deny the construction of new Mosques or attacking women for wearing headscarves.

I actually didn’t realize that you were tasked with being the spokes-moslem for American Moslems.

I'm not. You are being delusional.

Such a weighty burden you bear. As said spokes-moslem, I can agree that moslems may feel strongly about American freedoms – the same freedoms their politico-religious ideology denies non-moslems across the islamist Middle East.

Again, you are lumping all Islam into one lump you define as "politico-religious ideology". That pretty much indicates you have neither the interest nor capacity to explore it's complexities as a religion. Perhaps barenakedislam.com is your forte.

So hey, thank Allah someone is finally stepping up to protect the aggrieved, downtrodden “race” of Islam. Happy flying, America.
:cuckoo:

Secondly, Moslems in the West, particularly in Europe, certainly do demand more rights and freedoms than any other religious groups. If you crawl out from under your burqa, you might have noticed the circus that France and the Netherlands when moslems demanded their “right” to bring their symbols of oppression (the burqa), into the public domain.

Well no, they don't. They demand the same.

If women want to wear a burqa (and that really is a minority) - so what?

In fact, at this time, it is you who is confused regarding your conspiracy theory that Christians (and we’ll include those crafty Joooos… just because you will be that much more incensed), are attempting to --I’ll take a deep breath here -- burn mosques, intimidate individuals with hateful graffitti, attempting to deny the construction of new Mosques or attacking women for wearing headscarves…. breathe in.

No. I am not the least confused and readily recognize the red flags of conspiracy theories. Also, I know how to spell Jews. It's J. e. w. s. - really, it's not difficult and I'm typically one of the worst spellers here.

There is plenty of evidence of an increase in hate crimes towards Muslims both here and in Europe. Links to these (in your mind) imaginary conflagrations have been supplied. More can be supplied to provide you with fodder from which to convince us it's all a conspiracy thoery :)

My experience is that your conspiracy theory regarding construction of mosques is typically a function of local zoning and Land Use codes that affect new construction.

Well...how STRANGE. When people put together huge petitions to prevent the building of a Mosque in a region where churches are plentiful...it's just zoning eh?

As to burning mosques, those are rare circumstances and it becomes a law enforcement issue.

Oh right...they are rare. It's not "hate" - it's "law enforcement". Kind of like the mass murder at the Sikh Temple because the guy thought they were Muslims.

Why don’t you thrill us with a comprehensive list of the number of Christian Copt churches that were burned to the ground or vandalized in Egypt and the law enforcement efforts expended to bring the Peaceful Inner Strugglers™ to justice.

I have desire to "thrill" you with anything because we are talking about AMERICA. The USA. And the rights and freedoms we value - yes we, as in all of us - including Muslims. Is that really so hard to understand?

.........................................................^^^^ :eusa_boohoo: :eusa_boohoo: :eusa_boohoo:

There is an obvious concern regarding wannabe converts just like you, people who will denigrate a successful and stable secular democratic system of government in favor of a complete and utter failure which describes “Sharia”, people like you who will not add anything of value to Western culture either intellectually or economically.

.........................................................^^^^ :eusa_boohoo: :eusa_boohoo: :eusa_boohoo:

There is an obvious concern regarding wannabe converts just like you, people who will denigrate a successful and stable secular democratic system of government in favor of a complete and utter failure which describes “Sharia”, people like you who will not add anything of value to Western culture either intellectually or economically.
.............................................................^^^^ Poor baby..... :crybaby:

you do realize, that like with most religions, there is a difference between those in one country and in another? American muslims, for example feel very strongly about the rights and freedoms that america grants, including freedom of religion.

American muslims demand no more rights and freedoms than any other religious groups nor do they as a rule, deny those same rights to others.

In fact, at this time, unfortunately it is the christian majority (not the jews) in this country who are seeking to deny muslims the same rights and freedoms they themselves enjoy whether it's burning mosques, intimidating individuals with hateful graffitti, attempting to deny the construction of new mosques or attacking women for wearing headscarves.

i actually didn’t realize that you were tasked with being the spokes-moslem for american moslems.

i'm not. You are being delusional.
You were the one claiming you were speaking for american moslems. Did you forget what you wrote?

again, you are lumping all islam into one lump you define as "politico-religious ideology". That pretty much indicates you have neither the interest nor capacity to explore it's complexities as a religion. Perhaps barenakedislam.com is your forte.
Again, islamism is a politico-religious ideology. Your not understanding that indicates your ignorance of the ideology.

One excellent quality of the Great Satan&Trade is our all-embracing pluralism. Many diverse people living together freely, "indivisible, with liberty and justice for all," is a unique cultural phenomenon that fosters an environment in which brilliant people may nurture their special talents.

And so, we find American moslems being arrested and charged with supporting the islamic terror of global jihad. Some of them are among the best and brightest in the sphere of islamic advocacy. Take Rabih Haddad for instance, cofounder of the now defunct global relief foundation and michigan fundraiser for the council on american-islamic relations (cair). Mr. Haddad was shown the door (to lebanon) because of the dubious pathways and destinations of the zakat collected by his organization.

Ghassan Elashi comes to mind. He was the chairman of hamas front group, the holy land foundation, which was the largest american islamic "relief" organization before it was brought down by the feds. He was also one of the founding members of cair itself. Mr. Elashi, along with four of his brothers, has been convicted on numerous terror charges after which he is enjoying a lifelong stay at dar al-slammer.

a compelling argument.

well no, they don't. They demand the same.

If women want to wear a burqa (and that really is a minority) - so what?

Some European nations don't allow it. That's so what.

no. I am not the least confused and readily recognize the red flags of conspiracy theories. Also, i know how to spell jews. It's j. E. W. S. - really, it's not difficult and i'm typically one of the worst spellers here.
Actually, you're edging into that really dark place where conspiracy theorists tread.

there is plenty of evidence of an increase in hate crimes towards muslims both here and in europe. Links to these (in your mind) imaginary conflagrations have been supplied. More can be supplied to provide you with fodder from which to convince us it's all a conspiracy thoery :)
if you're a victim of a hate crime, call the police.

But if it would make you feel better about yourself and your victimhood, make a list.

well...how strange. When people put together huge petitions to prevent the building of a mosque in a region where churches are plentiful...it's just zoning eh?
You're a little light on facts in connection with this conspiracy theory.

But that aside, freedom of expression does allow people to sign petitions. It seems you're all for freedom of expression as long as you are the only one allowed to express an opinion.

As to burning mosques, those are rare circumstances and it becomes a law enforcement issue.

oh right...they are rare. It's not "hate" - it's "law enforcement". Kind of like the mass murder at the sikh temple because the guy thought they were muslims.
Here's a bit of enlightenment for you: People make bad choices.

why don’t you thrill us with a comprehensive list of the number of christian copt churches that were burned to the ground or vandalized in egypt and the law enforcement efforts expended to bring the peaceful inner strugglers™ to justice.

i have desire to "thrill" you with anything because we are talking about america. The usa. And the rights and freedoms we value - yes we, as in all of us - including muslims. Is that really so hard to understand?
now we're talking about the islamist middle east. Oddly, where your politico-religious holds strength of numbers, there is no "we".

I think it’s important to explicitly and consciously "take sides". I take a side opposite to a belligerent politico-religious ideology whose adherents are perpetually aggrieved members of humanity who see every exercise of personal or religious freedom as an insult to them. September 11, 2001, carved into the american mind a particular image of islamist militancy: The moslem terrorist mass murder. Like the noisy, publicized, professional whiners and haters that we see who find any excuse to riot and cause mayhem, that image has obscured the many smaller, but in aggregate more dangerous, threats that western societies face from islamism. Moslems are cowed by their pious/fundamentalist brethren both theologically and physically. They will not rise against those among them who, in the simplest reading of islamist scriptures, are the ones practicing authentic islam. They wouldn't do so even if the balance of weaponry and willingness to fight were the reverse of what it is today.[/quote]

Last edited:

.............................................................^^^^ Poor baby..... :crybaby:

As long as you refuse to take responsibility for your problems, you will remain the impotent little victim you choose to be.

you were the one claiming you were speaking for american moslems. Did you forget what you wrote?

I know exactly what I wrote.

again, islamism is a politico-religious ideology. Your not understanding that indicates your ignorance of the ideology.

Islam is a religion. Your failure to understand that does not constitute ignorance on my part.

One excellent quality of the great satan&trade is our all-embracing pluralism. Many diverse people living together freely, "indivisible, with liberty and justice for all," is a unique cultural phenomenon that fosters an environment in which brilliant people may nurture their special talents.

And so, we find american moslems being arrested and charged with supporting the islamic terror of global jihad. Some of them are among the best and brightest in the sphere of islamic advocacy. Take rabih haddad for instance, cofounder of the now defunct global relief foundation and michigan fundraiser for the council on american-islamic relations (cair). Mr. Haddad was shown the door (to lebanon) because of the dubious pathways and destinations of the zakat collected by his organization.

Ghassan elashi comes to mind. He was the chairman of hamas front group, the holy land foundation, which was the largest american islamic "relief" organization before it was brought down by the feds. He was also one of the founding members of cair itself. Mr. Elashi, along with four of his brothers, has been convicted on numerous terror charges after which he will enjoying a lifelong stay at dar al-slammer.

Oh. Look who's speaking for American Muslims now.:rolleyes:

Maybe we should let them speak for themselves: Muslim Americans: No Signs of Growth in Alienation or Support for Extremism | Pew Research Center for the People and the Press

a compelling argument.
some european nations don't allow it. That's so what.

And why?

Religious bigotry?

actually, you're edging into that really dark place where conspiracy theorists tread.

So....because I spell "Jews" as "Jews" and not "Jooooooooooos" I am now edging into conspiracy theory?:cuckoo:

if you're a victim of a hate crime, call the police.

So....what's your point?:eusa_eh:

But if it would make you feel better about yourself and your victimhood, make a list.

What are you talking about? Are you saying that hate crimes are non existant? We're all a kumbaya nation of brotherhood? There is no racism, anti-semitism, islamophobia?

you're a little light on facts in connection with this conspiracy theory.

Not at all. But then, I'm not the one reading conspiracy theory into how one spells "Jews" :)

But that aside, freedom of expression does allow people to sign petitions. It seems you're all for freedom of expression as long as you are the only one allowed to express an opinion.

Nice try, but - that's not exactly the issue and your overly dependent on talking points and assumptions rather than what I actually say. The issue is that these petitions are induce lawmakers curtail the religious freedoms of groups they don't like, like preventing the building of Mosques and legislating "anti-sharia" laws. Strangely, it seldom happens to churches or synagogues. But hey - you are free to believe in your Alice in Wonderland fantasies :)

here's a bit of enlightenment for you: People make bad choices.

They sure do. And innocent people die because of it. Too bad it wasn't real Muslims right?

now we're talking about the islamist middle east. Oddly, where your politico-religious holds strength of numbers, there is no "we".

I'm sticking to America and American Muslims - that is what my discussion pertains to.

I think it’s important to explicitly and consciously "take sides". I take a side opposite to a belligerent politico-religious ideology whose adherents are perpetually aggrieved members of humanity who see every exercise of personal or religious freedom as an insult to them. September 11, 2001, carved into the american mind a particular image of islamist militancy: The moslem terrorist mass murder. Like the noisy, publicized, professional whiners and haters that we see who find any excuse to riot and cause mayhem, that image has obscured the many smaller, but in aggregate more dangerous, threats that western societies face from islamism. Moslems are cowed by their pious/fundamentalist brethren both theologically and physically. They will not rise against those among them who, in the simplest reading of islamist scriptures, are the ones practicing authentic islam. They wouldn't do so even if the balance of weaponry and willingness to fight were the reverse of what it is today.

I think it's important to understand that the major world religions are not monolithic but multi-faceted and complex. As a result, I "taking sides" against an entire religion is, in my opinion, wrong. I would rather take each person individually - whether Christian, Jewish, or Muslim. There is a lot to learn from all of them and they share the same core values and historical roots.

As long as you refuse to take responsibility for your problems, you will remain the impotent little victim you choose to be.

A Zionist speaking about the victimhood of another, now that is funny! Maybe, that is the problem, you cannot see/accept anyone but a Jew being a victim.

Actually, many of them didn't bother to condemn said gentleman. They jump right onto the Islamophobia bandwagon.

I have a phobia. My hands start to sweat and I get all twitchy every time I see the idiot word 'islamophobia' being used. On the other hand my contempt for and hearty dislike of Islam is based on stark reality: periods of residence in two Islamic countries - Iran and Kuwait, since you ask.

What else would you call bigotry against Muslims? Or are you saying it doesn't exist? Does anti-semitism exist?

I have nothing against Muslims - I have known some very nice ones. It's Islam that I intensly dislike. That's no more 'bigotry' than is my hatred of Communism and Naziism, two other mind-dominating cultures.

Anti-semitism is hatred of Jews. It is not contempt for Judaism and the Old Testament.

I know exactly what I wrote.
Review what you wrote, then. You were writing about American moslems with the inclusive “we”, description.

Islam is a religion. Your failure to understand that does not constitute ignorance on my part.
Islam is not just a religion but a “complete way of life”™. Didn’t you get the email?

It is an exhaustively complete and thorough way of life, covering everything from personal hygiene, sexual relations, to public legalities, sociality, a penal code, political matters, religious worship, and warfare. In a manner that one would not be amiss in describing as borderline obsessive-compulsive disorder, Islam has a prescription or proscription for anything that may happen in a person's life. And all with the weight of God's command. Politics, religion, personal relations, society, and war are all interwoven into the monolithic tapestry of Islam. It is the ultimate authoritarianism, with God as the supreme leader, and his people as the elite on Earth. There are provisions for monotheists (with a book, i.e., the Bible) to live under Islamic "protection" as second-class citizens called dhimmis, but it is a matter of subjugation, humiliation, privation, and sometimes elimination.

Oh. Look who's speaking for American Muslims now.:rolleyes:

Maybe we should let them speak for themselves: Muslim Americans: No Signs of Growth in Alienation or Support for Extremism | Pew Research Center for the People and the Press

Polls are nice. What a shame that Tsarnaev brothers didn't read that poll.

And why?

Religious bigotry?
There is nothing bigoted about banning symbols of oppression and misogyny. In particular with the French ban on the burqa, I remember reading commentaries that addressed their reasons. What they saw were Moslems’ one sided claims to entitlements and demands for special treatment. They saw demands for the allowance of religious symbols in secular school systems. They saw Moslems segregating themselves in communities to be isolated from the host nation so as to minimize exposure to the host nations “corruptive influences”. They saw moslems’ importing the societal norms of their nations of origin which are totally contrary to Western standards of equality, tolerance, personal freedoms and rule of law. Yet, the French saw themselves barraged with charges of bigotry and Racism™ when they reject such religiously inspired things as “honor” killings, misogynistic treatment of women and an all-consuming politico-religious ideology that Moslems believe must be imposed on all.

So....because I spell "Jews" as "Jews" and not "Jooooooooooos" I am now edging into conspiracy theory?:cuckoo:
Not at all. You do have this need to force your religious beliefs on others as though you have some entitlement.

So....what's your point?:eusa_eh:
The point is, nobody’s perfect and crimes happen.

What are you talking about? Are you saying that hate crimes are non existant? We're all a kumbaya nation of brotherhood? There is no racism, anti-semitism, islamophobia?
There is a criminal justice system that deals with crime. In the U.S., justice is overwhelming a matter of law, absent ones religious, ethnic and political leanings.

Sharia is already established in Islamic Lands™. The fact that every incarnation of sharia law being an abject failure in terms of providing justice and equality should tell you something.
The difference between a secular government and a theocracy like the numerous Moslem ones that are causing so much grief much to the suffering of people the world over is obvious:

Secular governments do not force or compel belief in one particular belief system to the exclusion of others as is the case with Islamic governments. That’s been the history of the Middle East as it applies to theocratic and despotic regimes. The constant warring amongst tribal / religious sects and subdivisions is endless, as is the obstructionism and petty rivalries.

Not at all. But then, I'm not the one reading conspiracy theory into how one spells "Jews" :)
Conspiracy theories seem to be staples among the more islamist of the bunch.

Nice try, but - that's not exactly the issue and your overly dependent on talking points and assumptions rather than what I actually say. The issue is that these petitions are induce lawmakers curtail the religious freedoms of groups they don't like, like preventing the building of Mosques and legislating "anti-sharia" laws. Strangely, it seldom happens to churches or synagogues. But hey - you are free to believe in your Alice in Wonderland fantasies :)
Actually, it is the issue. What you demand is for your religious ideology to have a special place of unchallenged authority. You require your religious “rights” supersede those of others. The manifestation of this doctrine is exhibited in the Moslem revulsion of the infidel. It’s why we see the blatant double standards that so define Islam; the demands for exclusive rights and privileges with the attendant refusal to extend the same rights and privileges to the hated infidel. It’s why we see playwrights killed in the streets of their homeland, Churches burned, Dhimmi’s subjected to limited rights and the other atrocities that are endured by the non-Muslim in Moslem Lands™.'

Once again, protesting the building of mosques, protesting most anything is a hallmark of a free society. People can have legitimate concerns for protesting. With regularity, you demonstrate that you feel your rights are sacrosanct and not to be challenged.

They sure do. And innocent people die because of it. Too bad it wasn't real Muslims right?
Yet you can’t bring yourself to address the atrocities dealt out to non-moslems in every location where moslems and sharia law are in the majority

I'm sticking to America and American Muslims - that is what my discussion pertains to.
No doubt. Having to address the nightmare faced by the infidel in “moslem lands”™ tends to expose your rather obvious double standards.

Wouldn’t it actually suggest that not addressing those issues is really avoidance? I can clearly make a case for the double standards that Muslims embrace regarding demands to religious freedom in the West, yet clearly suppressing (even violently), the religious freedoms of others in the Islamic Middle East. You exploit that Western held precept of freedom of religion, BTW.

I think it's important to understand that the major world religions are not monolithic but multi-faceted and complex. As a result, I "taking sides" against an entire religion is, in my opinion, wrong. I would rather take each person individually - whether Christian, Jewish, or Muslim. There is a lot to learn from all of them and they share the same core values and historical roots.
That’s fine. Although your “shared values” comment is a bit silly.

Religion in Western cultures is largely a private and personal matter. For the most part it is not often dragged into the public arena or forced upon others as it is in many Islamic majority nations. In a democracy, you can believe (or not) as you wish, and you can expect that right to be honored (even if grudgingly) and protected by law. This is illustrative of the dynamic of religious freedom that simply doesn’t exist in much of the Islamic Middle East.

While you may have hoped to deflect the core argument of religious oppression performed by Moslems with your “I’m talking about American moslems”, It’s not just a little disingenuous to ignore the reality of islam globally.

At least as it applies to the double standards and overt discrimination that Moslems allow themselves, I do find that distasteful. It’s distasteful that many Islamic nations ban or restrict competing religions yet Moslems screech like petulant children, (citing Racism™, because as we all know, Islam is a “Race”™), when we in the West insist that no religion is garnered preferential treatment.

At the very least, we here in the Great Satan™ have no religious police who will arrest you for practicing your religion of choice.

What an audacious concept, don’t you think? I have my religion (or none), while you have yours. No one gets arrested and we can both mind our business without a (proceeding alphabetically), Ayatollah, Cleric, Emir or Imam rallying the faithful to burn our respective houses down because we dare to worship (or not) as we please.